Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had just put out dinner tonight and my 2-year-old son insisted on sitting close to me,which is unusual - he normally just gets stuck into his food. The next minute, he v*d everywhere, three times. I got him stripped and his dad did the cleaning up. (and carried on with his dinner - eewwww) We put it down to his cold, but twenty minuteslater, he did it again. And then my partner had to leave for work!!! Half an hour later, he v*d again. He also did it as I type this. I'm scared that it's an sv*. His older brother is fine so far, but he had a bit of d* last night. As far as they can see, Mummy is calm and soothing. But inside, I'm shaking and screaming! Help!

Oh no, poor you and your poor little boy. I am so sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you are feeling. Well done with staying so calm in front of your boys. I really hope that your little boy is feeling better soonand that you are alright. I hope this is soon over for you.

Thank you Curly Wurly. Well, he has just done it again, so it looks like I was right to fear the worst! He was whimpering as he did it, so his tummy must be hurting. It's horrible for them, isn't it? Is your son better now?

I'm sorry your little boy is still v*ing. It makes us feel so helpless when they are crying and in pain. You are doing really well and by acting calm in front of him you will make him feel so much more reassured. I really hope this is over for you both soon. Thinking of you and hope you are alright.

My son has not v*d since lunchtime, so I am hoping he is going to be back to normal soon.

He has just done it again. I'm still in shock at how quickly it came on. The poor little soul won't leave my knee. I hope his dad can get away from work soon or it's going to be a long night.

there are alot of viruses going around and im dreading mine getting it .. your very well to stay calm .. you can do this !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow, I am sorry. Thats tough of you-- I can't really say what i would do because I don't have children...but I think I am really cruel, and i would leave him-- I just can't watch someone v* like that....
    Join my group!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well, as i just put in a post to curly wurly:

as i was reading the update on your poor little boy, i got the dreaded call from the babysitter - yup, David has thrown up three times today. My husband is on his way to get him. He's 2, by the way.

My daughter, who's 7, is already showing signs of anxiety and emetophobia, so this should be a very fun night for us.

I just went up to his crib and put about 4 extra sheets on his bed, just in case.

<font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I'm sorry to hear about your son not being very well. I hope he's feeling better soon and if its an sv that it doesnt spread. You're doing great! You'll pull through it.

Katie

Thank you all very much for your support. He has v* three more times and is lying across my knee looking very miserable. I hate this feeling of helplessness. Now I have to wait and see if my other son gets it.

E-lizabeth, I really feel for you right now. I hope your son is ok soon and that your daughter stays well!

Your poor little boy . You are doing really well. I hope his dad will soon be home from work to help you. It is horrible when it happens so many times. I really hope you and your other son stay well. My daughter and I did not catch anything from my son so hopefully the rest of your family will be fine. I hope your little boy soon starts to feel better.

E-lizabeth, sorry to hear about your little boy too. I hope he is soon feeling better and that you are alright.

your all doing so well .... keep his fluids up little by little

Dreamer, I'm so sorry about this...what is going on in the UK? First me, then Curly, now you. Sounds a similar kind of thing too...loads of v*! Just hang in there, you're doing a fantastic job and it will be over hopefully in the next few hours. And try not to worry about others catching it...we were fine here, it didn't spread.

E-lizabeth...sorry about your son too...it's happening to us all at the moment. Try not to worry about your daughter, quarantine her ( or your son) as much as possible, this will really help.

Thinking of you both

He has just fallen asleep - after more v*. I have a feeling this is not the last of it. Been trying to get small spoons of water down him (thanks for that post, btw, Jodi) but his poor tummy isn't having it. He's still in a vest and nappy, so I'm going to have to try to wash &amp; change him and hopefully make him more comfortable.

Suze - thanks for your reply and I hope you're right about it not spreading!

I have just phoned my partner and he hopes to finish work within the next couple of hours. It's much easier to bear with someone else there.

If you can, leave it an hour after v* before giving anything to drink, even water. You need to let his tummy settle. Hope this passes soon, you're being very brave.

Thanks Suze. He has been sleeping quite peacefully for the past hour, so I'll try him with a little sip of water when he wakes up. I hope the worst of this is over!

I'm so sorry your son is sick! I hope the worst is over, and that he feels better soon! Keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of your family stays healthy!

Thanks Daffodil! He just woke up again, v*d and went back tosleep.I was hoping it would all be over by now!

I am sorry you are going through this. You are being amazing though,
    and so strong. Don't worry, we are all here for support! Good
    Luck!!!
    &lt;3 So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes &lt;3

aww i hope your son feels better soon! I wonder why so many little kids are sick these days... by the way, check his breathing. He doesn't have a cough or anything, right? because if you suspect he had a cold before, keep checking for signs of a cough. If it turns out he also has a cough, take him to the doctors tomorrow, I had something similar happen to me as a child, and it turns out it was pneumonia... I really don't want to scare you, I'm just giving you worst case scenario, so you know to be prepared.

My heart is breaking for you two brave moms right now! I only hope I will be as strong when my little one is sick! Take care of yourselfs! Thinking of you both!!!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

Dreamer, you seem to be handling things very well. I am so sorry this is happening to you and your little one. You are a great mommy. How much longer until you get some help there? Keep up the great work. I hope he's all better soon.

E-lizabeth, I hope your family survives the night. Stay strong.

My thoughts are with both of you.
    \"This too shall pass\"

How are things today Dreamer? I hope your little boy is feeling a bit better now and that you are alright. Thinking of you and hope this is soon over for you and your son.

Thanks everybody for your replies - it really helps!! The v*ing finally stopped around 4am and we all managed to get some sleep. He got up at 9am and seems back to hisold self. There hasn't been any d* so far, so now I'm wondering if that's going to start!

Sophia - he does have a cold, but not a cough so hopefully nothing will come of that.

Curly Wurly &amp; Suze - isn't it strange that we're all in different parts of the UK, yet our children all have identical symptoms?? What is going on here????

Thanks again everyone for your support!

Hi Everyone, You are all soooo brave and handling things well. I hope the worst is over for all of you. I am getting a little scared reading about all this, I must tell you....hope this doesn't mean a really bad season!Take care and hang in there.....</font>

I am so sorry to hear that your son was sick!! How awful! I hope the rest of your family stays in the clear and that your son is better soon!!

how is the little man doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer

Curly Wurly &amp; Suze - isn't it strange that we're all in different parts of the UK, yet our children all have identical symptoms?? What is going on here????
    I'd call it the V* Triangle...you in the North, Curly in the South East, me in the South West!!

Hope your little man is feeling better...and you too!

He's much better now, thanks! He's eating, drinking and keeping it all down. I hope this means it's all over, but you can never be sure with these things. I'm playing the waiting game now and hoping the rest of us are ok!!

Glad to hear he's feeling better.You are brave!!I hope you all get through this with no one esle v*ing.