Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is it legal?

Is it legal for me to buy phenergan from an online pharmacy site? I live in the USA and am wondering how it would be? I've found a few that I can buy from, but I'm a bit nervous about it. I don't want to get into any trouble. Oh and I talked to my Dr about getting a prescription for it and she said that she won't do that.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Even though I had a prescription for it for my morning sickness through my pregnancies.... She's a meanie![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]Edited by: mom2taylornkate

Aside from the legal thing i wouldnt take any meds my doc wouldnt prescribe me, maybe there is a reason she wont give them to you, Ordering pills online can also be dangerous as you may not get what u ordered. i would be very hesitant to advise you to do this, if u really want it i would maybe get a second opinion. at least then you would be sure it was ok. i know you took it for morning sickness before but u wud be best to check with a doctor first.

Good Luck babe

xxMar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

i would find another dr who will. When i got insurance this year and saw my new doc for the first time. I found a paper on emet that described what it is and how it effects me and that it is real. He said....geez...maybe i have that....and that came from my dr. anyway, i told him i needed a dr that is sensitive to my needs. He asked me what all i took and told him i mostly took dramamine when i was n. he asked how often and i told him the truth...about 1 time a week. he said to let him know if i am sick and if dram does not work,.,he will rx me some meds to control it. I thought...how lucky is that! and he has the nurses aware too if i called!! He will only give me 5 at a time...but hey....that is better that nothing!!! Dramamine really works for me, I have beat a few sv's with it and bad fp!!! try it next time. Only the original formula works though..the less drowsy is not as good. I start out with 1. and in 30 min i am not better i take another. good luck hun!!
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

Wow, my doc will prescribe it to me over the phone! I think its cuz I had my gallbladder removed under his care tho. But, before we knew it was that, I would just call and say I was extremely n* and can't eat and he did give it to me. Next time you feel a little n* you could call and tell them you are and could they just give you something until it passes? Phenergan is my friend, but I will have to try dramamine too! Janna

Hi there!!

I agree with everyone else---you should be very careful buying any type of medicine over the internet. I know a few people who have wasted hundreds of dollars buying something that way. My sister bought a bunch of Valium years ago from some online pharmacy (I know, BAD!), and not only did they charge her a huge amount of money but it didn't look right and probably was not real. She still took it anyways [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] and said they did absolutely nothing. I think she got lucky---it could've made her ill instead.
    Try to find another doctor that's a little more understanding and go from there. Shop around for a bit if you have to. It'll be much cheaper for you and more importantly much safer that way.
    It's funny you brought this up because I was just thinking about asking my doctor the same thing!! Alot of people have posted about how great it is----what I wouldn't give to have a bottle on hand!!
    Take care and good luck!!

i know over here you can buy it over the counter

Drammine makes me sooo tired! Will your body eventually get used to it? I mean literally, I took it once and was knocked out for the night.
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

I live in the states too. I did buy it from a pharmacy online (sorry can't
    remember- somewhere in the UK) and had good results with it. I've only
    taken it once in the past year. Just make sure you NEVER give to your
    children without their doctor's approval because it can have very
    dangerous side effects in children. I know you probably wouldn't
    anyway- but I just had to open my mouth about it!

Thanks everyone. I have some Bonine (sp?). Will that work the same as Dramamine? I am going to print out some things and take it to my Dr. I also used to work for an Internist MD and can always call him and have him call me something in if my regular Dr won't.

I have been keeping this fear under a good amount of control for the past 10 years. My daughter gets a sv* one time and I feel like I am back at square one. I have washed my hands so many times they are cracked and soooo dry now. And I feel so badly because I just know that I am passing this on to my kids. They freak out if they forget to wash their handsor know that something is dirty. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I hate this!!!!

I wouldn't buy the stuff online. Like everyone else is saying, you really dont know what your getting. There are other alternatives that are just as good. There is a debate over which is better: Dramamine of Bonine...less drowsy Dramamine has the same active ingrediant as Bonine ( Meclizine). Catsamsmom above claims that Dramamine original works a lot better than the less drowsy for "general" nausea...however, iv heard the exact oppisite too..unfortunately it might just depend on the person, however, you could ask your pharmacist and see what he thinks is better. Also, try Sea bands, many people swear by them, and those who say they don't work, I'd bet they just arent using them properly. I even think sea bands can be worn when your also taking anti emetics.