Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

DONT WORRY> THIS ISN'T GRAPHIC AT ALL!

Wasn't sure whether to put this under success story or experiences but i've put it under experiences. On wed night i wasn't feeling too good and i was sick. Can't beleive it's happened now and as soon as it happened i wanted to come on here and tell everyone that i got through it!! But sadly i continued to be sick all night, every hour practically. From 7pm at night to 8am in the morning. Yesterday i was just like yay! 4 hours since it last happened, yay 6 hours since it last happened, yay 12 hours since it last happened. After it happened the 1st time i had a huge sense of self acheivement and i felt really proud of myself that i didn't panic or freak out, i'll admit it wasn't a nice experience that night but it's not that awful when it happens anyway. The worrying about it happening is alot worse. Anyways, i thought i'd finally come on here to tell everybody now that i'm feeling a bit stronger, i've started eating lightly again and drinking watered down fruit juice. I missed flavour soooo much yesterday! But i like to give myself 24 hours since it last happened b4 i start eating again.

I haven't made this graphic because i actually want people to read this and take on board that i was someone who dreaded it sooo much and i got through it, it wasn't that bad, more annoying cause all i wanted to do was go to sleep. Anyways, i've spent the last couple of days in bed just relaxing and reading and getting my strength back.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask because i can't write everything and every detail down here at once.

Katie

P.S - I did it!! and i survived [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Edited by: katiepool129

Well done Katie

Soooo proud of you, im glad you got through it ok, funny everyone has said that once they had done it they didnt feel so bad. Your story has really made me feel good.

Thanx so much for sharing
    Hope you feel 100% soon

xxMar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Yay!!! That's great! How do you feel now? I mean, mentally? Do you think it will help ease your anxiety? Did you have a sv?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Good job. I guess it's a lot different when you're in the situation and it's actually happening. Did you feel sick for awhile before you actually v*? How did you know the difference between the n* caused from our everyday fears/anxieties and actually being sick? Or did the fact that you v* pretty much tell you that? Just curious because whenever I'm n*, I think to myself, "Now, am I really sick? Or is this just my anxiety about being sick again?" I think that's my biggest fear...not the knowing the difference.

Hey katie, well done - this is great news!!

I'm curious - what was the lead up like? Were you very anxious/worried? Did it just happen or did you make a conscious decision to actually do it?

Good on you for being brave!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

well done !!! i havent been feeling to clever myself the last 24 hours !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey all.

1stly thank you for all your kind words. I'll try to answer your questions as best i can without too much detail too.

Irishchick - I'm so glad the story has made you feel better because that was the reason i put the post up in the 1st place to ease peoples anxieties.

shiva - I feel ok mentally now, not too bad, the only worry i have is if someone in my house catches it because i'm not sure how it'd react, its totally different case when its someone else with different fears attached. Hopefully i wont worry about being sick so much now. I'm pretty sure it was an SV, i 24 hour bug thing i think. Although i still have a high temperature and not very hungry and tired.

haiku25 - I actually didn't feel that sick before i v* the 1st time, anxiety n* is worse fo rme than actual n*. Thinking about it theres not much difference, it happened very quickly so i guess thats the difference. Anxiety n* for me lasts ages but nothing happens. I've also just finished counselling this monday so maybe it was a sign to show me that i can actually cope with it (also just as i finished writing the post the last time my dog was s* behind me twice..strange)

angel13 - the lead up the 1st time i honestly cannot remember it happened so fast, i was feeling a bit weird and knew i didnt wanna have dinner and i stayed in my room because the smell of food downstairs was making my n* worse. It just happened. As soon as i thought it was gonna happen i grabbed my bin in my room, emtied it and used that. I really wasn't that scared, especially during i was just like 'this isn't very nice but it'll be over soon' The 1st few times it just happened but later on in the evening i was feeling very n* and knew it'd be time again so i sat up and just waited for it to happen. Until there was nothing left and i just sat through the n* after that because i was just gagging at the end and wasn't nice.

Jodi - i hope you feel better soon and thanks.

Hopefully this has answered a few questions for you, i need to go back to bed now as i'm feeling really hot, my cheeks are burning up, gonna go for a nap i think.

way to go! that's a huge step!

i know how you feel, it's totally different when someone else gets sick. i still hate throwing up, but i can close my eyes while it happens and i don't really make noise except for a cough here and there. but having to hear or see someone else v* makes me freak out.

hope you feel better! take care!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

I actually love reading posts like this---very reassuring and kind of inspirational for me!! Gives me hope that the next time (knock on wood!!) I have to experience something similar I would make it out okay as well.
    Katie....I'm so sorry you had to go through that but I'm very happy to hear you survived it and are now feeling a bit better!!! It seems like you handled everything extremely well and were quite calm. Very, very well done!!
    Take care of yourself and rest. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids!
    Feel better soon!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: christianne

Thanks for the info. I hope you feel better soon!

your very brave well done !

Hey Katie you did great! I'm glad it was more a positive experience for you (well v*ing isn't positive but that you got through it and realized its not that bad). You did very well. How long has it been since you were last sick?
    Just take it easy, it does definately sound like an sv.

Wow, thanks everyone for all the kind words. I'm still weak as it's been a couple of days since i ate anything properly. Galadriel - the last time i was sick was yesterday morning at 8am, its not 7pm the following day so i'm hoping thats the end so long i dont push myself to eat anything too big. The fact i got through last night with a good sleep was great. I'm taking it easy today, read a whole magazine from cover to cover and was doing word puzzles too, hehe. Kept me in bed though. Been up a couple of times to have a wonder because i get bored in bed but i know when to go back.

Katie

Wow, that's great that you coped so well!! From what I remember, after it happens once, the times after that aren't as bad. Is that true?

Glad you're feelong better!

Thanks so much for answering all of the questions. I am so impressed. I only hope that my next time I am able to manage as well as you have.
    \"This too shall pass\"

omgg!! congrats!!!!!!

Was it rwally as bad as we all think it is? Like on a scale of 1-10

Hey, wow the response has been great, i am so glad.

Kelly-bean - I have to be honest that after the 1st time it got better but at the end when hardly anything was coming up that was the worst for me because i was tired and just wanted to sleep.

lianaismadchill - It wasn't nice. Put it this way, thinking about it gives me anxiety of 10/10, doing it is about 7/10. Prolly not what you wanted to hear but i have to be honest and not kid about it. The way i felt after about it was about 2/10 and it got easier, the thing that shocked me most was the fact i didn't panic. I thought i'd have a panic attack that would make things worse but i didnt. Your body goes into a concentrated state my mum says that happened when you give birth. You just do it. I'm not even half as scared of it happening again, just wouldn't like it very much but its not like the end of the world. (for me anyways)

Katie-

You are so brave! When was the last time you actually v* before you had this sv*? Years?

Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

The last time was 2 and a half years ago, it was that last time that set off my emets. (think it was a reaction to watching a scary movie and then being ill) thats my spin on it anyway, though it could have been a combination of things.

Katie

I am so proud of you! I really hope that when I have to go through it again at some point that I will be able to be as strong as you were. You should be very proud of yourself and your accomplishment with it. Its amazing that you were able to make it into such a positive experience. Thank you for the encouragement that you also gave us...you are my HERO!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Hey Katie,
    I know what you mean about it, its like your mind goes into a zone or something, and even tho you think "wow I should be freaking out" you aren't. I wonder how that happens. I'm glad tho that you are feeling better and aren't sick anymore v*ing. The thing is hanging onto the feeling of "it wasn't so bad", thats hard because its all too easy to lose touch with that.

Thanx for posting your story, it really does help to read about how others have coped.

I hope you are now feeling much better.

Laney xxx

WOW. You are so awesome for being so informative about your experience. I was wondering if you were by yourself when this happened or did you have someone by your side while you were vomiting? See, my biggest fear is more of it happening when I'm alone. If you were alone, how did you handle it? If someone was there would it have made a difference if they were not?

Hope you are feeling better. I know when I had the sv a couple of years ago it took about 3 days to fully recover even after the d* and heaving stopped.

Thanks for sharing...

Tina

Hey mason14, the 1st couple of times it happened i was alone and kinda wanted it that way, but my b/f was coming over that night because he was working near where i live the day after so he stayed with me. He was great and i was mostly worried about his reaction to me as i was so embarrassed i just wanted to be on my own. Though he was great cause he helped me clean up and the very last time it was me by myself cause he was in the shower and it really didn't bother me that he wasn't there. I'm mostly now scared of eating again I've had toast and a tiny wee bit of pasta but i'm so scared it'll take me right back to the start. Hopefully it wont. It's now Sat night and i haven't v* since thursday morning at 8. Even managed to drink more and eat little bits. Hopefully i'm on the mend so long as i don't over do it.

Thanks for everyones kind words, they have reall yment alot.

Katie

I'm sure you'll be fine for me, that's always the worst part about v*ing - knowing whether or not it's safe to eat again. But it's been over 48 hours since the last time you v*d so you should be OK.

Thanks for replying and it helps a lot to hear you made it on your own. That is my biggest problem with this fear. I'm not sure why. I guess when people are scared of something it's more calming to face the fear with someone by your side. That's great that your boyfriend takes care of you. Sounds like a nice guy who obviously has no fear of being around germs. My husband dosn't get grossed out by anything so he's right there with me when I feel sick. He wants me to vomit so I will see there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure if I was vomiting he would be cheering me on!

I think you are ok now. I would be scared to eat and don't let that discourage you from feeling success. People that don't have this fear also get scared to eat right away after being really sick. I was told by a doctor a long time ago that after having a stomach bug you have to eat light for the first 48 hours and then after that if you crave something, eat it. If you are craving it then you are better. What helped me get better was sleep. Get lots of sleep and water. Hope you feel better and thanks again for sharing...

Tina

Thanks Tina and sophia, thats really helped settle my nerves. I have been eating light over the last 48 hours and just going to do what my body tells me to do.. like i just had a shower and feel lots better... more refreshed. Only had a small bit of pasta and i was enjoying it so i ate it. Once i get my stength back up i'll feel better. Thank you all again. XX Katie

Hi Katie. Just wondering how you were feeling today. Hopefully better!

hey Katie! How are you feeling now? i think my Monday you should be able to resume an almost normal diet. You most likely won't v* again, so you should be ok

Hi manson and sophia, i am feeling ok but i'm still not eaing properly. (my hunger levels where very low b4 i was ill) I'm gonna try my best to eat, yesterday i managed to have something for breakfast and lunch but not dinner, hopefully i'll manage all 3 today. My energy levels are def going up and i'm sleeping much better too. It'll just take a bit of time to get back to normal but i really appreciate everyones concerns, i am very grateful, thank you. XX