Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I did it!!

LOL this is a big deal for me...I sat through getting my haircut and styled without freaking out!! YAY and my hair looks good! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]That is so totally wonderful.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] So proud of you /hugs. I know that feeling and hope I can do it again. Congratulations hun. If you can send a pic. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Congrats to you...I have such a sympathetic heart about this because I am a Hairstylist AND a severe emet. So YAY!!!

What did you get done???

I just had 3 inches cut off cause I had REALLY bad split ends and my hair is super long! LOL

Now tomorrow I am going to try to suck it up and go get that flu shot!Edited by: 1scareddj

Get the flu shot! This year I already got the flu so I'm hoping it won't come back to get me, but I live alone and have limited contact with the outside world so I'm not too scared of it. Good job on the hair cut!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Good for you!! That is great![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I have to get my dark roots touched up next week. I am a little nervous cuz of my reaction the last time but I will remember not to rush like the last time and I will definitely take my ginger pills.

congrats , dont you feel great ! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Good for you! Do you have any pictures?

That panicky feeling of being trapped in the hairdresser's chair is exactly why I only get a haircut once or twice a year. Great job for remaining calm!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well done! Isn't it a fab feeling when you do something that scares you and are absolutely fine? Something insignificant to people who don't suffer panic attacks like us, but to us a real big deal.Makes you feel on top of the world and ready to face more!

Just a thought to people who avoid getting their hair cut because of anxiety - would it be any easier if you had a mobile hairdresser visit your home and style your hair?
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Good for you!! Baby Steps is the way to go when you are anxious about being around other people or being out of the house...Be proud of yourself!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

YAY Good job!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Good job!!

I'm jealous, I need my hair cut or something done to it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good Job!!
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

Good for you, I hate gettingmy haircut. Mine usually takes about 3 hours, since I get it highlighted, lowlighted, and cut. And I got an appoitment tomorrow!!

Well, I have been hoping to get mine cut and colored but I just had it cut cause it REALLY REALLY needed it! LOL