Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok you guys...I go in this coming Friday to get all four wisdom teeth pulled out. I'm scared to death though, they're giving me IV sedation. I know I'll be getting some nitrous oxide beforehand so I can relax and I won't notice that big needle going into the back of my hand, but I'm still scared. I've never been put under before and the closer it gets to Friday the more anxious I'm going to be. The good thing is, I requested anti-emetics to be put in the IV before I wake up so I don't get sick on all the blood that I'll end up swallowing, so that's a big weight off my shoulders. But still...ya know, it's scary!

Any comforting words or words of advice???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I personally have not had mine taken out but i have asked a question about it on here before and all of the replies were good. no one got sick at all and all the said was that they were tired from the pain killers and just slept a lot . im sure more people will post with their experiences and it will give you a little comfort. I hope everything goes well for you and im sure you will be just fine make sure you keep us posted though . I know its not until friday but try not to feel to nervous because that might make you tense and you wouldnt want that , try to have a relaxing week and think that by next monday youll be all done and over with [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Trust me, they will make you quite comfortable and "happy". I love NO2 (nitrous oxide)!

Afterwards a little sore and swollen but you will be fine![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Ugh! I know how the anxiety as the time draws closer to doing something scary! I agree with punchbuggy! Many people onthis sitehave had this done and I didn't hear any horror stories! I was very relieved. I had 2wisdom teeth taken out and was fully awake. No IV sedation, no nitrous oxide and the limit of novocaine injections a dentist can give a patient.It was hell-let's just sayit was like I was doing it myself( just a crappy dentist at the time-please don't let this scare you!), but i know in the future because my dentist now of 4 years is WONDERFUL, this will NOT happen!!You will be sore and feel your mouth funny for a couple days, but the fact that you did it andgot it over withwill make you feelEVEN better!!You'll be fine and have all the good stuff ready for you--good luck!! Edited by: ginger_saves
    -Bridgette

I had mine out w/ IV sedation and antiemetics in the iv and was completely fine. The only time I ever felt n was BEFORE I got the iv from nerves lol. Basically you will just sleep and be tired and if you're like me HUNGRY! The worst part is not being able to chow down on popcorn and other crunchy goodness hehe. Try to remain propped up when you get home and go to sleep it helped me w/ the oozing and w/ swelling/pain I think. All I used was Advil and ice packs. You'll be fine, what you are going thru now w/ worry is sooooo much worse than the actual procedure and after. Plus you will be done after this, no more worries about wisdom teeth! Good luck!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin