Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: HATE HATE HATE

i hate, hate, hate when people say to me 'well no one likes to v*'... it's not that we just don't like it, we FEAR it- there's a difference people!!!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Oh, I totally know what you're talking about. Especially when you know the person who's saying it ISN'T afraid of v*!

I'm with ya!

AMEN!!!

WORD!

I KNOW!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Big up on that one.

ALL doctors tell me that when i tell them i hate to puke they say that STUPID phrase " well no one like to " , its like SHUT UP you have no clue what im talking about , your just saying that to shut me up .

well, in the same respect, Im sure no one out there likes to stub their big toe, but if you say that to someone with a phobia, isn't it the same thing as this?okay, I'm being silly, but you see my point.

Im sure the word gets overused.. and it is frustrating when someone doesn't "get" it, but its not exactly a well known phobia,, like heights, or snakes, and so on.

and, Im sure there are very few emetophillias out there - I think its better to hear something like, " oh I hate throwing up too" rather than " Are you wierd or something? I love it!" makes you feel a tiny bit more normal ( even when you know your irrational about it and they probably are rational).
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

One of my favorite things to do is ask my husband or some other trustworthy person to rate how they hate v*. Very interesting. Because ask one of us, and you may get the word death. Ask someone else, and they may compare it to getting a shot at the dentist, like my hubby compared it to. Are you serious? I live with this day in and out, and you compare it to that? I asked my son if he'd rather v* or have a sore throat, and he picked v*! He didn't like sore throats, so for him the easy way would be to just v*. My hubby wants to when he feels bad, actually wishes it would happen. My brother will be talking normally, then just get up and v*. I'm so impressed! I pop too many antiemetics and pace the house like a crazy woman, walking up and down stairs, going outside until I am frozen, taking a shower, even pinching myself. And most people just think of it like something inconvenient. Like diarreah. I want to be that person.

That's what the psychologist I saw years ago said to me - Well nobody finds it pleasant! They just don't quite get it do they!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Nobody gets it! Everyone else is always so quick to judge us and it really hurts! People these days don't even want to try to see life from someone else's perspective, what it would be like to be in an emet's shoes for a day. Why can't people just realize that this is something we have to live with EVERY DAY?! Something that we have run and hide from because we fear it more than death?!

Maybe one day we can get more people to understand us. It's just sad that they can't take the time out of their lives to even think ONCE about what it would be like to be us.Edited by: metallikat87

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now that I think about it... I actually do fear v* more then death.

Is that crazy?! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

I fear death and v* about the same but if I had to choose only one on the spot...I'd really need to think it over![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

That's SO NOT crazy! I reckon we've all thought the same thing at some stage. Before I found this site I would've chosen death over v* any day! I used to think about it all the time.

Does anyone else make sacrifices so that they will somehow be 'protected' from v*ing? Like, if I don't buy that top I really want, then I won't v*? But if I do then I will, so I can't get it? I do that sometimes, too. It's like I have to choose between two things that I want- one of them being NOT to v*. Lol I guess we all have some weird things we do, ay?

I can't be sure because the act itself is so disgusting, but I think mine may be some kind of control issue. It is something that you have no control over. I try and control it with all of the rituals of handwashing and grabbing things with napkins. If God forbid it ever does happen, you are helpless. It is like being born and dying. Somebody can be there with you, but buddy you're doin it alone. You are completely and totally alone. I fear tornadoes too but I don't have to live with them everyday. This thing is lurking everywhere. You don't ever get away from it unless you are a da*&amp; recluse. I've thought about turning Howard Hughes. It's like Vietnam vets and post traumatic stress disorder. It's like you are in the jungle day after day waiting to get shot. The waiting is the worst part.

Oh YES SIR

Mere mortals (non-emets) just don't understand. They go around "Well no one likes it" yet I know some people that talk about it like it's going on vacation or something fun.

A close girlfriend of mine (before she knew I was emet) use to always say stuff like "Oh I would just v*" or "I would've v*d" like nothing to it, until she got sick in the car one day, and I jumped over the EDGE (It was really bad) I mean all out PANIC with the shakes and everything, so now she falls back when it comes to that, but I told my daughter that, the whole thing was going to change our relationship. People like that drive me NUTS.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by tree1211

A close girlfriend of mine (before she knew I was emet) use to always say stuff like "Oh I would just v*" or "I would've v*d" like nothing to it</font>
    Oh I know! I was once in a class with a girl who almost everyday would say "I wanna throw up! I ate so much before class today, I hate it when I eat too much junk food!"

It was torture for me to hear that, although eventually I realized that she said that everyday but never actually v*ed so she probably wasn't going to. I guess it just doesn't occur to nonemets that even saying it if you don't mean it is frightening to some people.

The most frustrating part, however, was that she'd everyday say how much she hated eating junk food because it made her feel sick, but almost everyday she'd also eat a bag of doritos before class! Ugh! She was skinny as a rail too...there is just no justice in this world. lol [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

ARGH!! I frickin HATE it when people say "well, no one likes to V*".......WOW, GENIUS, You want a medal or a cookie????? Maybe this person should be awarded the nobel prize for stating the obvious!

I wish EVERYONE had an irrational fear about something so "non-emets" would know what it's like to totally, truly fear something...

You know what makes beingEmet so hard??? We can't escape our own bodies! You can steer clear of heights, snakes, clowns or whatever but you can't avoid your own body! People are stupid and they just don't get it. The next time someone says to me "Well, no one likes to V*" I'm going to make them swallow their teeth! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Idiots......Edited by: 1scareddj
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥