Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So my husband came home from work yesterday with a very sore throat, fever and headache, earacheandmuscle aches.We figured that he had the flu, he bought some Neo Citran and Tylenol, you know, the usual.'Well' Around 1:00 this morning, he started to v* and didn't stop all night. I was just freaking out, because obviously this is something contagious, and I could hear him - something that doesn't really freak me out anymore because he v*s on a regular basis, sometimes for no reason at all, it only scares me when I know that he's actually sick. I don't think it's a sv because he had those other symptoms for a long time before the v* started, and he still has the flu-like symptoms and the v* has stopped. I'm wondering if he has an ear infection, because I know that middle ear upset can cause v*. He's had a high fever for over 24 hours now! The worst part is, when I got home from work yesterday I kissed him and he gave me a cough drop that he had been sucking on!! That was long before he started v*, though... from the time I got up this morning to this very minute the kids and I have been wearing gloves around the house so we don't touchany germs.I am in an absolute panic - has anyone else tried fasting when you think you've been exposed to a sv? Does it actually stop you from v* when you come down with a sv? If anyone has anything to tell me about this, that would be great! I feel so selfish - I am worried about him because he is really, really sick but I'm also equally worried about myself and the kids! I'm still taking care of him, bringing him Tylenol and dry toast and making him drink Gatorade, but I'm otherwise trying to stay away from him as much as possible!

Could it be strep throat? My little brother always *v when he has strep.

Good luck!

It doesn't sound like a sv to me. It sounds like influenza, which if he v* regularly/easily, is probably the cause. Some people v* with a fever, or if they have sinus drainage. I know it is hard, but try to stay calm. Even if you did catch it, you probably would not v* because you are an emet!

Hopefully you won't catch whatever it is. My husband knows that I'm psycho, so he knows not to expect much out of me during those times[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

I do go on a fast or BRAT diet when I've been around someone with sv. However I don't think your husband has that, it sounds like he gets sick often so he may just be one of those people that v* when they get high fevers and stuff like that.

I would say, sanitize, and keep him in one part of the house so as not to spread it around, and wash, wash, wash the hands.

I hope he gets better soon, and you and your kids don't catch it. Hang in there.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Doesnt sound like and SV to me, but the flu (influenza) can cause v'ing. I used to work in a family practice office and a man come in one time and got diagnosed with influenza. I remember him sitting in the secondary waiting area v'ing into a trash can that one of the nurses had given him. I dont know if its the high fever that causes it or what, but it can happen with the flu. I hope that he gets better soon, and that you and the rest of your family stay well!!!!

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

People who v* easily will do so with influenza and strep because of the swelling in the throad (triggers the gag reflex). So it does not sound at all like sv*.

Hope he gets better soon and you stay well!

He's doing better now, he's eating again! His glands are swelling up and he said his throat really hurts, so I know it's not an sv. Thank God! He's going to the doctor tomorrow if he still feels like this. The funny thing is, last night when he was v*ing, he said his stomach actually felt fine the whole time, it just kept happening and catching him off guard! Thanks for the advice and good wishes!

I was speaking to a nurse practitioner who is also my close friend and it sounds like the flu, the influenza, she said that you can have headache, sore throat, fever and aching bones, vomiting or no vomiting comes with it, so it sounds like your husband has the nasty bug. Just wash your hands you should be fine. My hubby had the same thing last year, he was in bed for about a week with it, I didnt catch it at all.
    Hope he feels better.

Yeah, I'm with everyone else here. My mom had strep really bad and had v* with it. Just take the usual precautions and you'll be fine.

Well I would say it does sound like like influenza...but I wanted to say if your exposed to someone who is sick your best defense is vitmains, zinc, and food, becasue they boost your immune system...not eating only stresses out the immune system, which can lead to it not being able to defend itself againt a sv*...so i would say eat...its a good choice
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120
    Well I would say it does sound like like influenza...but I wanted to say if your exposed to someone who is sick your best defense is vitmains, zinc, and food, becasue they boost your immune system...not eating only stresses out the immune system, which can lead to it not being able to defend itself againt a sv*...so i would say eat...its a good choice

Yeah, I'm with Ruby on that. DON'T FAST! It's scientifically proven not eating will knock down your immune system. Zinc does seem to work pretty well with cold/flu bugs too. I kept teetering on the brink of getting something, had the beginnings of it, but I got on the vitamins and zinc this time and never really got more than some swollen lymph nodes and mild sore throat. Get plenty of rest, drink enough water, and as for food, just don't eat anything that's spicy or something like that.
    Edited by: stormchaser97

OMFG DO NOT FAST!!! That's the worst thing you can do! I've been around so much sv* last night, more than I ever have been, and I'm not fasting...

also, it's probably just the flu. People who v* easily could v* from the flu.

Don't worry, I didn't fast! I was too hungry! My husband is doing much, much better - he did have strep throat, I took him to the doctor on Sunday morning and got some medication, and all is well again!