Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok. My little Chihuahua is really really sick. he has a horrible ear infection and its making him horribly sick. He wont eat or drink anything. So my fiance thought we should feed him some cooked chicken. and he actually ate it. But the next day when we gave him his medicationn, he V* it all up.

Usually dog V* doesnt bother me. But it smelled horrible like human V* and I think it was from the chicken! Am I being totally insane here? But its freaking me out b.c. its making me feel really sick. My whole house smells like v* !!! I dont even want to be here@!! ITs crazy, b.c. its a dog and it never bothers me! but its the fact that its just like humans...its making me miserable. I dont even want to go near the dog. I feel so horrible saying that. But its true :*(

And to top it off my fiance and I have been arguing like crazy. He knows about my fear and he has accepted that...but he doesnt understand why I am getting like this with the dog. He doesnt understand.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with a dog???
    *Mandi*

Yes. Last year my dog had a dog sv*. The Vet called it actual Gastroenteritis...He was v* blood and d* had blood in it...It was awful...He had to get fluids and everything. I freaked out. I understand what you are going through but just try to calm down. You will be fine and your dog will be fine. I know it's veryhard but just try to breathe and relax.

I also hope that your Fiance can be more understanding about what you go through with your Emet.

Just take some deep breaths and turn on the tv or watch a good movie.

I will be online if you need anything.

It really sucks. I am usually good at dealing with animal V*, but this time its just horrbible. I just wish I could disappear!
    *Mandi*

What is it exactly that is bothering you so badly? Are you afraid that you will v* or catch something? Or is it just the gross factor?

What is fiance doing? Can he clean it up and spray some Oust or Febreze or something?

That it actaully smells like people V* . usually when our animals get sick it doesnt really have much of an odor. But this smells like some person V* and its making me feel sick. I dont even want the dog near me. I feel N* just smelling it. Its been cleaned up. But he keeps doing it on himself. and he reeks. I gave him 5 baths already today. I just cant do it anymore. I feel like a horrible person for saying that. But I just dont want to be around this dog anymore!
    *Mandi*

No you are not a horrible person, this is just a horrible situation. I hope that the little one is feeling better tomorrow and I hope you are also. Try to get some rest tonight and do whatever you can to get your mind off of it. Hot bath, good movie, good book, burn some candles...whatever will help you keep your focus away from the dog.

Let me know how you are doing.

I'll be ok if he just stops V*. Its the smell thats making me panic.
    *Mandi*