Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, as some of you may know from a previous post, last night (Saturday) was my last Madrigal Feaste performance for choir out of 3, the other two occured Thursday and Friday. I wasn't really looking forward to going, since it's pretty tiring. And on Saturday I had to be there from 4:00 PM (doors open at 6, starts 6:30) til 10:30 PM (musical ended 9) for the take-down. Well, everything was fine at first. We all went in to the dinner hall and discussed the performance. Then we noticed Stefano (who plays the King, the main character) wasn't there! And we're like "hmm where could he be?" so then about 4:30 he finally shows up and he's all "sorry I'm late, I've been throwing up all day" and he proceeds to go change. Then he finally comes back for the pictures.

So then during dinner (we ate different food than the ppl attending the dinner perfomance.) in the cast room, I heard Laney talking about how she was puking ALL day!!! and that she just puked in the bathroom, but it was only water. I was a little nervous since I was spending a lot of time w/ her yesterday but still... she was coughing a little too, eww... like a mix of coughing/retching. But ya mr. McKee (choir teacher) sent her back in the dressing room to change and go home. Stefano had to stay though since he was the main role.

During most of our performances I noticed a lot of people were missing. So between some of the songs, when the food was being served and we could go back to the cast rooms, I asked what happened and it turns out a lot of people had to go home sick cuz they were all v*ing! But they came sick!!! THEY CAME W/ SV*! that's what pisses me off. They all woke up sick. But they were all just fine the night before, I swear! I'm somewhat nervous because I ate some of the food there last night. I only had two cookies and a granola bar. But I didn't wash my hands. I couldn't.... long story. but I ate the cookies w/ napkins, and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to get them. and the granola bars were wrapped, of course. but ... ewww... I didn't eat anything else. and I never ate anything else the previous nights cuz i packed my own food.

Anyway long story short, it was nasty. But after about 7-8 PM once every1 who was sick was sent home (except Stefano) we didn't see any new cases of sv*. Someone from the kitchen also got sent home sick, I think. eww.... oh yes, and at the end of the performance, I high-fived Stefano! I couldn't not high-five him, he had his hand out, and he's soooo freakin nice and I felt so bad for him. And some of the ppl were even hugging him. He was really sick though, once we started taking everything down (he was gone by then, of course) I noticed behind the table he was sitting at there was this big white bucket and pepto-bismol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]. incase he v*d on stage.... and I'm guessing he did cuz I heard mr. McKee telling every1 "don't touch the bucket" and stuff. I REALLY wanted to go up stage and look in it, but I knew that'd just scare me more... but I really wanted to. Don't ask....

anyway I hate playing the "wait-and-see" game. I hope I'll be fine. so far I am *knocks wood*. I'm impressed though I DIDN'T get a panic attack or anything!!! I usually like collapse at that stuff. Although I can't get over my irrational side cuz I fear that if I stop being that way then i'll get sick. which is weird.... I'm so irrational. But my mom said she's proud of me and that I shouldn't be thinking about how irrational I'm being but how much better I can deal with it.

OMG. Where do you live?

whoaaa thats insane!!

You were very brave to give him a high five. I would have been wayyy to scared to do that.

I don't understand what possesses people to go out when they are sick like that. How can they do that?????
    How can they just carry on and act like everything is normal? I used to think EVERYONE but me was like that, but now I know better.

I live in Kent, WA. I've never seen this before.

Do you think that all of these people have sv* or the flu?

I hear it going around here also...I am in the Deep South. I am sure more people have/had it that I am around, I just can't ask them...otherwise, I would freak out.

I am proud of you for high fiving him...that's really impressive and it sounds like you are a step closer to beating Emet. It really does.

they have sv*. and it's only v*. I dunno about fever. none of them had d*. anyway I know they were starting to think it was the food they served to the cast Friday night because they had meat and dips out and stuff that they left out for a few hours for ppl to still eat. and they had this REALLY weird cream s***.

oh yes, and no1 got sick who didn't eat the food. But not every1 who ate it got sick...Edited by: xxsophiaxx

Whoa...Ok wait. It sounds to me like it was the food...OR someone was s* who prepared the food...I don't think that everyone would have to get s* from the food, perhaps they just had crackers or something...I am petrified of food left out, especially meat, dips and creamy stuff...The timing sounds about right though...They ate the funky stuff on Friday and got s* the next day...This sounds very suspect to me...

What do you think?

That is just a reminder why I don't eat party food.

why would they have gone if they were sick. I dont understand people at all !!!

That is crazy! Sounds like hell to me!! You are brave!!!!!!!!! I would have been a nutcase and not been able to be aroud for fear someone might v*. I know what you mean about the wait and see game. Anyway, you did a good job being brave about the whole thing and still interracting with these folks.
    -Bridgette

lol kasey I never eat party food either [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]it just disgusts me, how ppl can leave the sausages, carrots and dip, etc. out for sooo long!

eww... I DID however eat a piece of cake from the kitchen Friday night. and a couple ppl from the kitchen woke up sick Sat. morning.... but I may be fine *knocks wood*

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx

lol kasey I never eat party food either [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]it just disgusts me, how ppl can leave the sausages, carrots and dip, etc. out for sooo long!

eww... I DID however eat a piece of cake from the kitchen Friday night. and a couple ppl from the kitchen woke up sick Sat. morning.... but I may be fine *knocks wood*

Oh yeah, you are fine...I think that it would have hit you by now...And it's cake...Not some nasty sausage, creamy, meaty finger foods...It sounds to me like they all got s* from eating that food.

I must say that I am really impressed how you are handling this situation...Work it, Own it, Make it pay rent!

Wow Sophia, I know on the other thread I asked you if it went ok, now I know! I am sorry you had to go through that, and that poor stephano guy had to stay tho he was ill, argh!! You did real well sticking it out!

God that must have been just awful, you wouldnt have seen me for dust, I would have just ran ran away!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are well.

Laney xxxj

In that situation I'd definitely say the food was contaminated with something, could've been noro in the food, like the damn dino place, or bacteria from it sitting out. Smart move packing your own. It might be a bad idea to mention to these people that sv*s are contagious for a minimum of three days after symptoms start, and that you should stay home during that time, or for at least 24 hrs after the last time your were sick because you can still spread it. It's good your the teacher sent ppl home, but he shoulda just postponed it at that point.

...........and kudos for not freaking out royally, I'd have been GONE! right away.

OMG that sounds just like the nightmares that I have. It does sound like the food. I'm glad you are ok and you are very brave to have stayed there!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks! well it's officialy been 48 hours since the event... BUT a lot of the kids came back to school today - and they were still sick! arrghh.. here's some of the stuff I heard -

"ya I wasn't there Saturday night because I was puking all night, and I even fell asleep near the toilet"

"I never vomitted so much in my life!"

"I'm still sick and it's been three days!"

"I threw up this morning but decided to go to school anyway"

etc etc etc.... geez why do people come to school sick. I mean come on, these are kids OLD ENOUGH to make their own decisions. And isn't it kind of dangerous to be on the roads when you feel like your gonna v*? eww... scary. I mean what if they got in an accident? OK I'm exagerating...

By the way, so far I haven't heard of any d*. the only symptoms were v* and mild fever. and the v* was pretty sudden. sounds like norovirus to me

Sure sounds like food contamination (just as easily Norwalk). This is like the Beadrock bug in the Flintstones Christmas Carol! I don't mean to make light of it but is was a play and everyone was comming down with the v*!

What a hell that must have been! God bless you! Hang in there!

Oh my God, that's insane. People are NOT supposed to be going out into public when they are sick like that! That whole experience sounds like an emet's worst nightmare!

lol it's OK John now that I think of it, the whole thing was actually pretty amusing! except I felt SOOO bad for poor Stefano! at first I was mad but then I thought "wait, it's not like he had a choice. There aren't any understudies, he had to come". I really admire him. He was still able to hold the lead role. Although I know he actually did v* on stage a couple times [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]not ON stage, but in the sidelines. He had a v* bucket. aww poor guy [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. It's too bad that this had to happen on his senior year. This guy's truly amazing, I swear, I've never met a teenage boy w/ so much motivation to sing and act. He even performs in the Seattle theatres