Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exam stress!

Hi,

This isn't really to do with my emets. I have uni exams all week. I had my 1st one last friday and i have one tomorrow, one on thursday and one on friday. They all consist of two essays each! I'm stressing. I did alright in last years exams but they where not all essay exams and in such a short space of time! There's no way i can remember everythng i need to. I'm doing psychology so there are alot of names and dates to remember which i am trying to do in little stories and i've been boring my b/f dictating to him lots of info. I hope it's enough. Here's the thing that IS to do with emets tho, when i get nervous i feel really sick and i'm afraid i'll v* in the exam hall infront of everyone, so if it's not enough to be worried about the exams themselves i have that to worry bout too. Help! I don't wanna do badly this year I can't wait til it's all over but there's a long way to go yet.... can't wait to relax at Christmas, that's the goal i have in my head!

Exams suck, don't know what else to tell you bout that, except that if you've studied you shouldn't really have much to worry about when taking it. You're getting to the point of worrying about worrying. Not a good cycle, I know that from experience. I'd just walk in the exam, tell yourself you've studied and you'll be ok, and if put all your attention on the test and you can get done and walk out of there a lot faster, go home and relax and be done with it.

oh yeah, i have been known to take a mild relaxing agent such as dramamine, or valium before speeches. Tests don't freak me out that bad, but speeches terrify the crap out of me... I don't recommend making a practice of that though cuz it can do more harm than good for the grades.

I hear ya! Im smack dab right in the middle of mine, and I decided to pick up some shifts at work... great idea, huh? lol.

Im a 3rd year psychology major and the best advice I can give you is that dates are not important. If you can remember the general time period when things happened thats enough. Most psych profs are not concerned with dates, or exact stats of a study, more of the general conclusion.Also, you don't need to remember little details about stories. Most likely, the professor will test you on how well you can aply the information that you learned.

Most tests in psych revolve around applying the theories you have learned.what class are you taking? I miight be able to help you better if I know which course it is!

just wanted to add: you will learn to hate multiple choice - it SEEMS like a good idea - one of the answers has to be true... but I swear, 2 of the 4 or 5 possibilities ALWAYS look the same, and Its hard to pick the right one.

essays, now, thats usually straightforward, and if you know your stuff, you can't really mess up.[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I feel your pain! I am about to have a freaking nervous breakdown here from exams. I only have one left- thank god. I am so very looking forward to the 4 week break.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Yeah, I've got a comprehensive immunology final exam tomorrow, two parasitology quizzes, my parasitology comp. final the next day, and my guitar final the day after that. Then I'm done.

I say we throw an IES "DONE WITH FINALS PARTY"
    after we've all finished!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I'm not sure what that would entail, but I'm sure we can figure something out. lol. Good luck everybody!

</font>

</font>

See your personal tutor, explain you panic when you're stuck in the middle of a crowd of people. He or she should be happy to write you a letter that you can take along to the venue - the examiner there will then let you sit near one of the exits.

I have done this in the past for my tutees. Good luck!

Hey

Well i'm back from an exam and i think i've failed it. I've never failed an exam befor and i hate this feeling. I didn't have enough time to revise the topics inside out!! I have 4 exams in the space of a week!!! I'm doing psychology too btw babydoll, second year. I love it but i didn't get to show my best abilities because of all the stress and the exams so close together. A stats exam and 3 essay exams consisting of 2 essays each. The bad thing about todays exam was the fact that there was only 2 questions and you HAD to do both. The other exams have a choice and you pick one thats suitable.

I need mental hugs!!

My PAT guy is always so blunt in emails i think if he's not supportive about this i'm gonna ask to change to a different PAT.

I'm not even going to enjoy xmas now!![img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Right there w/ ya. Finals week SUCKS! The only good thing about it is when it's over the semester is too lol. Anyhow, do your best, that's it. I know if you're an A junkie like me thats not real comforting but truly its all you can do and its not worth stressing yourself out over. Generally if you have good grades over all the final will not flunk you out so breathe (heh I should take my own advice).

stormchaser- Definitely need that exams are over emet party!

Jill- LOL no kidding about mc questions! There's never an OBVIOUS right one. Exams in general suck!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i have been n* all week and my period's late because of these stupid final exams! i'm a psychology major too, btw!

stress, why do we do it to ourselves eh?

i wonder if theres any correllation between having emetophobia and majoring in psychology[img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img] Edited by: prncesspnk

Oh forgot to add I'm a psych major too LMAO! Look out world!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

aww it's OK I'm sure you'll do fine!! All of today and yesterday in world studies class consisted of our Renaissance Final and I was sooo freaked out because it was A LOT to remember! But then once I took it I couldn't believe how easy it really was... anyway I'm sure you'll do fine.

I'm free!!! Just had the last exam!!! Oh yea and now i can relax and enjoy the festive season!!! I am sooooo happy[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheeser!!!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

MEEEE TOOOOOO!!!!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"