Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was thinking about the little run it I had at work the other day (see post "I was kinda brave") and it got me to wondering what was so scary about seeing other people throw up. After some thought this is what I concluded.

I think that it is scary to see someone get sick because I am ultimately afraid of myself getting sick. When I was really really little (I don't really remember this, but it's what my parents tell me) I guess I used to be one of those people who saw someone get sick, and would immediately throw up. So somewhere along the way, I stopped throwing up when I saw someone get sick, and I started just to have panic attacks. So everytime I see someone get sick, I freak out thinking that I am going to be ill.

So I guess my current goal is to try to get over freaking out when I see people getting sick, because obviously I have been able to override the reaction, so all I have to do is stop the panic attacks (easier said then done!)

Well that's what I think is so scary about other people getting sick, What do you think is so scary about seeing it?

Danielle

wow... i cant imagine ever throwing up because someone else around u does... how horrible =|=|

my phobia of others v*ing is getting worse. i think its because, if they have sum kinda bug around me, and they throw up, i immediately think im gnna get it.

the noise, is just horrible anyway! so thart makes me hav weak knees. and because i can imagine how horrbile they must be feeling, i kinda get panicky about it..

i guess they r the reasons

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think for me the reason I don't like to see someone else is because the sight is absolutely disgusting, and if your close enough it smells and the sound of it could be really horrorish.... It comes with the territory of being freaked of v* altogether

same here I think its gross but I like helping them out AFTER
    they did the deed like reasure them that its nothing and nothing
    bad has happenned and how good they will feel after this
    horrible experience.. although most of them go on and party
    after they puke..
    i just do whatever... i want people to say to me if i vomit.. i
    dunno just give back the good deed typo thing

I wory about catching bugs from other people but even if I know IT is happening to someone because they are drunk or have a migraine or whatever the reason I hate seeing/hearing people being sick is it reinforces in my mind how horrific IT is. And it seems to go on for ages (to me - probably cos I hate it so much).
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.