Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am having a panic attack right now. My daughter has a headache and isn't feeling well and I am worried that she will be sick. She says her tummy doesn't feel sick, but she's acting strange. I am supposed to leave for work in a half hour. I don't know what to do. My husband is home, but he's working. If I call off they will have my head at work it being so close to Christmas, but if I leave I will be a nervous wreck wondering what's going on with her.

HELP!
    \"This too shall pass\"

First of all, take a deep breath! I know it is hard not to worry, but just try to carry on with your day as normal. Your husband is there for her, so she is taken care of. I hope she feels better soon. I know headaches sometimes make me feel yucky, so maybe that is the case with her.

thanks daffodil. i hope that she just plain and simple has a headache. god... i can't handle this right now. norovirus is like all over my area right now- otherwise i might not be in such panic mode.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I agree with Daffodil. Your daughter is complaining of a headache so please don't think this is anything that will cause her to v*. She's also old enough to know whether or not she feels n* so if she says she doesn't, then try and believe her. Have you given her something for her headache? If it is causing her real discomfort then she will appear restless, and even make her feel generally lethargic.

I think it would be best for you if you went to work. Your husband is in the house and providing he keeps an eye on your daughter then there's no reason why he can't continue with his work too. Give her something for the pain, make her comfortable in front of the tv, make sure she knows where your husband is should she need him, then get yourself into your normal routine. You will feel so much better if you can carry on as normal. Just tell your husband to call if anything changes.

Hope things turn out OK.

thanks suze-

well, i called off work because my panic is so bad i can't even imagine driving right now. maybe i will be able to go in after i calm down a bit. i hope she's just tired and having a headache. i just have this dreaded feeling, you know?

\"This too shall pass\"

How old is your daughter. My oldest will be twelve in March sometimes she gets headaches that dont have anything to do with her being sick. I just chalk it up to hormones and the beginning the dreaded puberty! Haha!! We have to try hard to not think the worst. She could be getting a cold too. Whatever happens, your husband is there for her and she will be taken care of. I hope that she feels better soon and that this turns out to be nothing. Keep us posted!

did you giver her some ibprofen? ask her where it is. if it hurts along with her face when she sniffs...then it would be sinuses. I hope she is well soon!

Quote Originally Posted by shiva

i just have this dreaded feeling, you know?
    Yes, I know! But if it helps, I get this feeling most nights when I put my kids to bed, and it probably only comes true 2 or 3 times a year.

i gave her tylenol. she's 10. she did say that it was in her forehead- maybe it is just sinuses. i was trying to ask her earlier about that and she told me she would appreciate it if i just let her sleep. lol. okie dokie then. i know i get really sickly feeling when my sinuses are all amuck, so i wondered if she was experiencing that problem. but she's not into talking about how she's feeling, i guess.
    \"This too shall pass\"

oh man...do i know what your going through!!!.....my daughter is 9.....she gets headaches and tummy aches so often it's making me a nervous wreck.....it never turns out to be anything...she hasn't been sick in 3 years....and i can't believe the amount of times i went into panic for nothing...she is a bit of a drama queen also, so most of the time i think she exaggerates whatever she's feeling.....i really hope your daughter will be okay....i feel bad that your having this anxiety, it's just so messed up isn't it?....hang in there.
    ~Sheri~

thanks so much. i appreciate all of the support. i hope that all future updates are good ones from my end.
    \"This too shall pass\"

How is she feeling now?

It definitely could be her sinuses. I had a headache almost all day yesterday and today I woke up and my sinuses were just killing me. I don't know if it's the weather or what. Unless she complains of any other symptoms I really wouldn't worry. Maybe the nap will help her to feel better. Let us know how she's doing.

yay!!!

i'm happily reporting that jade woke up from her lllooooooonnnggg nap and said 'mama- i feel soooo much better'.

thanks for all the support.

sherbear and katsamsmom- i think you are right about the sinuses!
    \"This too shall pass\"

That's great news! I'm glad to hear she's feeling better!

heyy thats great , im glad shes better and your at rest .

I admire all of you who have kids! Not just because of the emet, but it has to be so hard to be a parent. Good job, Shiva. You made it through! Your daughter is lucky to have a loving mom like you.

Steph

Shiva-

Just saw this post, or I would have responded earlier...I would have
    told you that this weather could cause anyone t have a headache!
    It is awful and I am sure that it is not much different for you!
    It is not supposed to be 60 degrees and raining in Northeast Ohio 3
    days before Christmas. Apparently, there is a snowstorm
    brewing...I am certain that she is suffering from a headache from the
    weird weather!!!!

Glad to hear that she is doing better...Please PM or call me if you need to! I am not at all far away!

Julie

Im glad she is doing better!

thanks everyone! i just got back from a well needed yoga class and she's feeling fine. she's even up and about a bit asking about ordering pizza (ummmm nope)

again, the support here is amazing! love to all of you.
    \"This too shall pass\"

oh what a relief, i'm so happy for you and i'm glad she's okay[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~