Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Year plans?

What's everyone's plans for New Years?

I'm supposed to go to a party at my friends house on New Year's Eve and have black eyed peas and ham w/ my family on New Years Day.

What ever you do stay safe!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i am staying in this year seeing as how my fiance wont be around , its okay though because i will spend time with my parents. On new years day im going to visit my future mother in law ( i love her) she always has everyone over and we just sit around and stuff our faces with YUMMYYY african food ( seriuosly you people have no idea how good it is) . its going to be exciting this year becaus etwo of his aunties just had babies so i get to play with all the kids and these little babies.Have a safe new year!!

I will be in Minnesota freezing my butt off and celebrating the New Year at some sort of camp type place with a bunch of old friends! I can't wait! Happy New Year!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I am going out to dinner at 430 (which I probably wont eat anything) then we are going to a party!! Its a group of about 30 of us.

Me and my bf was going to my mom's house, and we are ordering take out Chinese and renting tons of movies and laying in my moms big bed watching movies and eating yummy food. Chinese food is our tradition, my mom always said it brings good luck to eat it on New Years Eve. Also we are gonna bake a New Years chocolate cake, and do Henna tattoos.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No plans. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I'm not a big New Years type of person anymore ~ for some reason it was alot more fun when I was younger! Still, I'm flying out to Denver to visit a very good friend of mine for a few days. It will be nice to actually be able to do something this year ~ every other one I've had to work!

I guess I am hosting some kind of shin dig here at my house. Haven't thought much about what that will entail, but I know that people are coming over. Guess I should start planning some food or something.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Top-o-the Hub in Boston. And mabey First night but we'll be with the kids so night to them is like 7:00. Really kind of nervous about it too. Mostly because after dinner, we'll have to go change out of our dressy clothes in the publicbathroom.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Kristy Lee concert at Play in Nashville! I love that girl so much-she rocks. I worry a bit as I will be at a club/bar on NYE, but it's worth it. As long as it doesn't get on me-I'm good.

well, one of my good friends is getting married on new years eve.. so that's where I'll be!!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

a wedding on new years eve???!!!

Party at Sophie and Shane's

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to love to dress up and go out on New Years Eve, but now in my
    mid-30s, I love just staying at home. This year we're going to
    our friends' apartment (they just moved from Kansas City to the Chicago
    area) and I'll be helping re-upholster their kitchen chairs! One
    year a friend and I pieced together a quilt. Craft on!

5cats, are you in the Chicago area, too??
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll
    well, one of my good friends is getting married on new years eve.. so that's where I'll be!!

My folks got married on NYE...

My Dad wanted to do it before the first of January so he could get the tax break...

How romantic...

My husband has to work, so our neighbours invited me to a house party. I would rather stay home because I get tired so early, but that might be kinda boring.

I live on a college campus, so more than likely someone will have a party I'll go to. I know a few people at least will be on campus, so we can all go and find a party together. Should be fun, as long as someone takes the initiative and throws a party, becomes I'm just relying on the hope that someone will...

Quote Originally Posted by swiftette
    Top-o-the Hub in Boston. And mabey First night but we'll be with the kids so night to them is like 7:00. Really kind of nervous about it too. Mostly because after dinner, we'll have to go change out of our dressy clothes in the publicbathroom.

Try not to worry! You'll have a good time. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I ain't doing anything. I never do

my uncle is visiting so i will probably stay up with him and my
    dad.....and hopefully they will both fall asleep before midnight again so i
    can eat all their popcorn like i did last year.....hee hee
    ~viva~

Probably First Night with friends, like Swiftette...maybe see you there!! Although apparently it's gonna like, sleet/hail/rain, so that might not be too pleasant.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

At home with my mum

I don't ever risk being out on the streets with all the drunks. If I get a sitter, I risk my own life and I want to raise my kids. If we go out as a family, I put my kids at risk. We will snack around tonight, watch movies, maybe build a fire out back in the fire pit. I will probably have a few glasses of wine, then be in bed by or before midnight. This is kinda a boring holiday! Have fun everyone!

Looks like my plans changed, I'm by my lonesome tonight.That's okay, I will probably be sleeping my midnight anyway![img]smileys/smilies_35.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe

What's everyone's plans for New Years?* </font>

I'm supposed to go to a party at my friends house on New Year's Eve and have black eyed peas and ham w/ my family on New Years Day.* </font>

What ever you do stay safe!* </font>
    My family always has black eyed peas and ham on New Year's. How cool.

Have a good one!