Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been taking a break over Christmas and New Year because my emet has been bad and the sv* talk has made things worse. But I had to come back on and tell you that my lovely cat Toby was killed yesterday. He was about to cross the road and was looking out from between some parked cars when a speeding taxi struck him from behind. (there were several eyewitnesses) I doubt if the driver even noticed.

I am devastated. He was the sweetest-natured, most affectionate cat in the world and we loved him so much. He was twelve, and I hoped we'd have him for a few years yet. My other cat hasn't really noticed yet and I am dreading when she does. I can't get the image out of my head of him lying on the road. His injuries were dreadful. Thank god my son never saw him. I feel like I'm stuck in a nightmare. Thanks for reading & letting me vent.

Wow I'm so sorry about your cat, I have two and I know it's going to be so hard for me when they die. I hope your other cat doesn't have too hard a time of it.

Im so sorry about Toby! I hope you are ok, chin up! x
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

Dreamer, I am so sorry about your cat.

I'm sorry about your kitty...poor 'lil dude!

I'm also glad you son wasn't around to see it How is he taking the news?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat. How very sad.You are in my thoughts and I hope you are o.k.

oh no im so sorry to hear this!

I feel your pain. I got an email from my mom on Wednesday afternoon. She told me that Mittens, the cat we adopted when I was 7 years old (and when my parents were still together) passed away. She had kidney failure and she was nearly 14 years old. I couldn't stop crying that night...she was the sweetest cat in the whole world. Always wanted to climb up on your shoulder and wrap herself around your neck, like a scarf ^_^...she is definately missed. I know I'll be in horrible pain when my little kitten passes on, but hopefully it won't be for years to come, seeing as he's only 10 months old. Our older cat is nearly 13 years old and she's showing the signs of kidney failure...so she'll be lucky to see another year pass by. It's so sad when our pets go. But just know that your cat is in a place where he can never be hurt by anyone or anything again, he's safe now, and probably misses you as much as you miss him.

Word of advice though...I would not recommend letting your animals outdoors anymore. Now that you know first hand of the dangers, they're much better off indoors and they will also be much healthier in life by not going outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts and kind words. Amber - my son (he's 7) has been very upset, but in between crying he's been playing, eating, and doing all his usual things. He understands about death, but believes that Toby is happy in kitty heaven, and if that gives him comfort, then it's all right by me.

The people I feel for most at the moment are the young teenage boys who saw the whole thing and came to tell me.

Metallikat - I'm so sorry about Mittens. I hope your older cat doesn't get any worse. My other cat doesn't like going out! We didn't have a garden when we got her and she has always preferred to be indoors. Toby actually had good road sense, and seemed to be checking it was safe when he was hit. Our road is usually quiet - but one idiot speeding driver has devastated my family. I am glad there were no children crossing at the time!!

Awww...well at least your other cat is happy staying in! We used to let Kitty (our older cat that we have now) outside, but she would always roll in dirt patches and bring in sand fleas so...she doesn't go out anymore ^_^...Tigger (my kitten) tries to sneak out but is always caught if he does get out. He's just a very curious little fellow!

I am so sorry to hear about your poor kitty. I know how much it hurts. I lost my guy in October. He was my best friend. I am comforted now inknowing he is with me all the time in spirit. He even visits me in dreams!!

You and your family are in my thoughts.

OMG I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine losing my little Pepper, it just makes me shudder thinking of what youmight be going through. I really hope that you are okay and you feel better soon. My thoughts are with you
    ***Elvia***

I am sooooo sorry!!!! I hope your other kitty and son are doing Ok with this

Back in 1996, I was outside with my cat "Mouse", and she ran out into the street and was struck by a car right in front of me! She did pass from her injuries, and I went into a depression and cried for 4 days! She was one of the best cats I've ever had. So, I know how horrible it is, especially o=to see it happen, and I feel for you---hang in there hun!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your loss of sweet Toby. I know the pain of losing a much loved and cherished pet. You and your son are in my thoughs. Take care x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I am so sorry about your cat. I have two cats Chunkee Munkee and Isabelle. My heart would break if that hapened to me. My heart goes out to you. *HUGS*

Thats really sad news. i'm so sad for you.

I am so sorry about your kitty! i had a kitty get hit by a car when i was about 10 yrs old and im the one that found him in a pool of blood and recently my 14 year old cat died and i honestly think it was of hearbreak bc his "girlfriend" was missing for about a month when he passed away. it is hard loosing pets bc they are one of the family and can be so loyal and caring. once again i am so sorry to hear that! R.I.P. Toby

I'm so so sorry! That is awful. I'm sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Toby. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I am so sorry to hear about your poor cat. My cat was hit by a car 5 years ago and left with a broken jaw, her eye was so damaged it was removed and she had a tube in her throat. I'll never forgot how horrible that was. Thankfully she survived but she's 11 now and though she is an indoor cat I know I will be devestated when she does pass. I am thinking of you.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I am also very sorry to hear that....I am a cat lover and we have always had cats in the house. When I was 17 my cat got hit in front of our house. I didn't see it but I felt sad for a looong time. Cherish the memories you have of him....take care.</font>

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your lovely replies! We are all still very sad (my son was very tearful at bedtime and wanted to sleep in my bed) but we will be fine. At some point we might look into honouring Toby's memory by taking in a rescued cat, but that's something for the future.

It's so heartening to know that people care. Thanks again.

Dreamer, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I have always lived with cats, and losing them is devastating.

So sorry to hear about your cat. I have 2 cats also. Cotton and Gizmo and they stay INSIDE for that reason. I asked my vet if they would be miserable stuck inside, but He said not at all, so they look out the window. I know the time isn't right at this point, but when your emotions heal a bit and you may concider another one, try a Ragdoll. Look the breed description up online. They are exactly like that. I thought I would get the random Ragdoll that would be "different' from the description and He fits it to a T. Your cat had a wonderful life and was loved very much. You'll always carry him in your heart. Hang in there! HUGS!

I'm so very sorry Dreamer. Animals become such big parts of the family and it's going to take some time before you feel right again. Allow yourself time to grieve, it's a massive loss to you all I'm sure. Will be thinking of you.

awww this breaks my heart to read this. in the past 6 months ive lost 2 of my cats that ive had since i was only a baby and im 20 now. i know how hard it is to deal with this pain.. only a true cat lover could understand. the most heartbreaking thing is to watch how the cat(s) left behind cope with the loss. my other one is still mourning her losses kids seem to bounce back pretty quick from things like this when they're young though so hopefully your son will be back to his same old self soon. my thoughts are with you xo
    Angles

sorry about little toby. its never easy to lose anything you hold dearly. i hope your son and mom dont take it too deeply.sorry again.

Sorry this is late, just seeing this post. I am so sorry about Toby! I agree it's good your son didn't see. And think it's a very sweet idea of rescuing a cat in his honor later on!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am very sorry for your loss. I know it is very hard to lose such an important part of the family

Oh how terrible. Pets really do become family members and it's so
    incredibly hard to lose one (especially in an accident like that).

Hang in there.

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {