Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I hate to admit it, but I just bought a cell phone. It's one of those crappy pay as you go phones, but I decided for safety reasons I should probably own one. I mean I am a single girl in the city and it's safer to have one close just incase I need to call 911.

Anyway what bugs me about it, is the fact that I just read a book by Stephen King called "CELL" and it's about some sort of pulse that goes over Cell phones and causes the users to become these psycho zombie type people! LoL! I don't want to be a zombie person! I doubt I'll use the phone very much but still, scary thought huh?

Is there anyone on the boards that DOESN'T have a cell phone? I feel like I was the only person in North America who didn't have one, so I bought one. LoL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Actually, my older sister just got one a coupleof months ago, other than that, everyone I know has had one for years. I think you were definitely in the minority.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

most 10 year olds around here have them too actually lol

LoL I KNOW! I see like 12 year olds at the mall with phones and I'm like "WTF?" So I got one! It's actually better then I expected it to be, I live in the basement of my building and it's getting AWESOME reception, and I just sent a text message to my sis! LoL This is SO COOL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

nice! i only got a cellphone from my dad when i started driving but i
    hardly ever use it. I usually forget it when i go out or there isn't any
    batttery or something. I used it for the first time in months yesterday. I
    guess it is more of a safetly blanket....that said you are probably in the
    minority...hee hee
    ~viva~

Haha!! Here where I live EVERYONE has a cell phone, even like, nine year olds. Except I'm sixteen, and I just got mine recently. It's kind of ironic though, since I live in Boston my parents got it for me so that I would be safe on the streets and in the T. But, the problem is the T is underground, so...no reception! If I get attacked in the tunnels it's all over.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I always get hand-me-down phones from friends and relatives! I held out as long as possible before getting a mobile phone, as I like to be inaccesible at times - but not anymore [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] I hardly ever use it to talk to people (always use my land-line for that), but do text a lot.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

i use my mobile mostly to txt aswell and only really use it to call home when i'm away or call someone i'm meeting that day if i'm going to me late but i never really have long conversations on it.