Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm having one of those horrible nights. In fact I have been having lots of bad nights with my son as he has been unwell. He started with a high temperature and just over a week ago. Since then he has had a sore throat, nasty croupy cough and has just been really lethargic and miserable. I took him to the doctors but was told it was just a virus. This morning he seemed much better, but then this afternoon he started with a fever again. Then, after his bath he coughed until he v*d. He did the same just after going to bed and now he is coughing again. He says his tummy hurts and I am just waiting for it to happen again. I know I should feel relieved that it is from his cough and not stomach related, but I am sitting here really shaking . I am so tired from over a week of really disturbed nights and just feel like I can't cope with any more v* tonight.

Hey Curly,

Im sorry to hear you are having such a bad night with this..

Do you think that maybe putting a bowl of hot water and mox some vics menthol stuff in it would help, sooth and keep the air from getting dry? thats what I do when I have a cough.

I do hope that you get some rest tonight.

We are here for you xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so sorry hon, it it horrible when they are sick..((HUGS))

Have you tried childrens motrin? It will help him sleep too. I hope he feels better soon. You're doinga great job! *HUGS*

Thankyou for your replies Viloet, Mommy2braylynn and Sqil30. I have been using a plug in vaporizer in his room which I think helps a bit. I think my son is finally asleep, but I expect he will wake up coughing soon. He has been waking several times every night. I think I am a bit calmer, but now I keep coughing. I have had a sore throat and headache for a couple of days but just put it down to being tired. I have just had a fantastic email from my husband. It included his flight details. he will be home on 17th January!! Only another 11 days to go. I can't explain how good it feels when I know my husband is on his way home, but it is one of the best feelings ever.

Aw, Curly, sounds like you're both having a rough time. My daughter throws up all the time fom coughing, but usually once it's happened once, it doesn't continue, unlike a sv. Have you given him anything? Tixylix nighttime is quite good, it also has promethazine hydrochloride (phenergan) in it - only a low dose though. I also give my daughter an antihistamine sometimes - piriton woks well - it drys up the nasal drip which causes the coughing in the first place. Might be worth a try.

Can you sleep with him? Might save you having to clear 'it' up if you have a bowl handy - he'll pobably only bring up a bit of mucous. My daughter will cough all night in her sleep but usually sits up when she's going to v* from it - if you're with him then it might be easier to deal with if it happens.

Hope things pick up soon though - in my experience, kids cough for a few hours then fall into a deep, coughless sleep around about 4am!

Oh, FANTASTIC news about your husband!!Edited by: suze

I'm so happy your husband is coming home soon. And its right before my birthday I can imagine your so excited about it. I'm sorry your son is still sick. I hope he is doing better, and that you both get well soon. *hugs
    I love Sam

Thankyou for your replies Suze and Ruby.

Well I got through last night with no more v*. It was a very disturbed night, but my son eventually settled at about 3am. This morning my son coughed until he v*d again. It was not much and I managed to cope just. I wish I could be like my daughter. She put her arm round her brother and said, "Don't worry little sweetheart. You will feel much better now". She ran to his room to get him clean pyjamas whilst I cleared up. Then she told me how brave I had been.She is so funny sometimes and I am so glad she does not take after me with the phobia.

My son seemed much better as the day went on. He has not coughed nearly as much. He went to bed at 7pm and I have not heared a peep so far. So hopefully a better night tonight.

Suze, I got some Nightime Tixylix todayso maybe that has helped tonight.

Ruby, Your birthday must be near my daughter's. She will be 7 on 20th January. She is so pleased that her daddy will be home.

Hi, just saw this email. Sorry to hear about your son. I was hoping everything was better. Look forward to a nice long rest once hubby returns....</font>

Awww..Im sorry curly....I feel so bad for my kids when they are sick. I hope he gets better soon. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!!

you are a good mom and it sounds like you have a wonderful daughter!

Keep up your courage!

Glad your hubby will be home soon!

Awwww, I'm so sorry you've been through this, I hope your son is feeling much better now. Your daughter sounds like an utter star, bless her heart. Not long to go now eh until your hubby gets home - bet you are all soooo excited!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb