Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've noticed in several posts that some of you can actually talk while you're n*, like to a support person or even yourself. When I'm n*, I mean to THAT point, I cannot talk, or think straight, or hardly move. If I'm even just minutes from v*, I wouldn't be able to speak because I am in such distress and so uncomfortable and so scared, and also I don't want to move any part of my abdomen by talking. Its like the fear and dread suck every bit of human out of me, and I'm just sort of there, but unable to talk or communicate at all. Inconvienient when you're n* and you have two small kids or a hubby that keeps talking to you, not knowing you'd rather put your hand over his mouth and offend him than utter a word and barf. Sigh, oh the things I do, does anyone else do this? If you're able to call your support person or something along those lines, are you actually able to talk right before you v*? I also can't cry before or anything, the only thing I do is shake uncontrollably. Sometimes pace, sometimes sit so still my back hurts. But I'd love to be able to tell my hubby when I'm scared if I'm really n* and to let him know what I need. Why am I like this? Janna

Hey there,
    When I am REALLY nauseas (I mean the right before you do the deed super nausea) I don't want to move or make a sound or do anything to further upset my stomach because I feel like I'm barely keeping control by the skin of my teeth and if one wrong move or anything then I might lose it. Ugh I remember one time I woke up in the nite so nauseas that I was afraid to move because I felt like even if I moved my pinki I'd be sick. Ugh!

When I am sort of nauseas (not to the point as I wrote up above) then I can talk and do things and move around some.

One time tho I was talking to my mom on the phone, and I had an sv, and she wouldn't stop talking and I'm like "mom I gotta go now, Im gonna be sick!" and I literally flung the phone aside and then got sick. That time I guess I could talk right before it, but usually I don't want to do anything at all to upset my very precarious hold.

Hi I usually am just being flung around mentally and I can't talk or move or anything. I just keep pushing my lips closedwith my hand or a rag. The only thing I can do is listen to my mom tell me to pray for support, and I can barely just squeek out that I would like her to do it for me! I can't usually make it to the bathroom, mostly because I don't like to stay near it because it's sort of a mental sign to me that I really am going to be sick! Anyway, I really can't do much but freak o.O

"I don't want to do anything at all to upset my very precarious hold." yes, that's just the right way to say it!

This is how I tell the difference between true n* and just anxiety. When I'm anxious, I just ramble on about anything to anyone - I'm one of those people who gets chatty when nervous. Talking takes my mind off it, and makes me realise that I really do feel ok - just a bit jittery.

But with TRUE n*, I go really quiet and have to get away from everyone. I feel like I need to, in order to pour all my concentrationintoNOT v*ing. I can't even listen to other people talking right before I'm gonna v*...it just adds to the panic, for me. I need to be somewhere quiet when I'm really n*.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

even if the n* is anxiety-related with me, i'm usually unable to talk because i'm so fixated on my n* and the possibility of v*... although i find if i can somehow indulge myself in conversation, i usually feel better.

I'm like that too, that's why I am glad I live alone. I usually have to sit and watch TV or something until it goes away, I always want to minimize anything that will agrivate my stomach any further.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Quote Originally Posted by angel13

This is how I tell the difference between true n* and just anxiety.
    When I'm anxious, I just ramble on about anything to anyone - I'm one
    of those people who gets chatty when nervous. Talking takes my mind off
    it, and makes me realise that I really do feel ok - just a bit jittery.

But with TRUE n*, I go really quiet and have to get away from
    everyone. I feel like I need to, in order to pour all my
    concentrationintoNOT v*ing. I can't even listen to other
    people talking right before I'm gonna v*...it just adds to the panic,
    for me. I need to be somewhere quiet when I'm really n*.

Same here.

You only live once