Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all. Well i posted here a few days ago about my daugther's v* incident. Well you can guess why i'm backed. She v* again! Was fine all day yesterday and the day before. This am she woke up and told me that she had v*...it was just a little...mostly water....so i cleaned it up. Then about 30 min later she says she had to v* and goes into the bathroom and v*s! She has no fever. She had a cold about a week ago but she's fine now...just a little cough...she wasnt having a coughing fit though. What in the world is going on? Should we go to the doctor?

Edited because i failed to mention that she is downstairs singing along with cartoons and jumping around. Blah.Edited by: cmatijevich

How old is she? Maybe she has postnasal drip or something going on back there that is making her feel gaggy?

She's only 4. Maybe. Do you think i should take her in to the doc? She's been catching colds one right after another. Also though...a friend of hers that is a little older was v*ing the other day...due to car sickness not sv* lol...but i thought maybe she is kind of making herself because now she is curious about it?

Well i reall do think she is making herself. I walked in on her hang out over the toilet. I had a talk with her about making herself v*. Why me??Edited by: cmatijevich

I think you could wait a few more days. Does she have any other symptoms at all? Is she eating normally?

I hate to say this, but shecould very wellhave a touch of something. I know kids (my daughter included) that have v* a few times but otherwise feel fine and can jump and play around. It is obviously not the nasty noro, but it does happen.

As for taking her to the doctor, you should do what makes you feel better. I hope she is feeling better soon!

AAAAH! Definately not faking. She has v*ed 5 times in the past 2 hours. She says her stomach hurts...that is her only other symptom.I am scared it is a sv* and that i am doomed bc she did drink out of my drink last night!!! Whyyyyyyyyyy? I've told my husband maybe we should buy some dramamine just in case. She hasnt v* in 30 minutes...i gave her some milk just before her last v*...i knew i shouldnt have but she asked so i just gave her a tiny bit...now i'm not giving her anything until she goes at least one hour without v*. Still no fever....odd.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope the v* is over now. Good idea to not give her anything unless she goes 1 hour without v*. I may even up that to 2 or 3 hours.

Sorry you are going through this.Youseem to be coping really well.I hope your little girl is soon feeling better.

She's still v*ing. I'm washing my hands 40 million times but other than that i think i'm gonna be alright. If i'm doomed to get it...then i'm doomed lol. Hope this mystery illness is over soon.

Oh you poor thing...i am so sorry...i hope it stops soon!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

How is she now? Hope things get better and the worse is over. Yes I agree with not giving her anything unless she has been vomit free for at least 1.5 hours..and when she has don't let it be milk or anything else dairy that willjust make it worse...

How is she doing now? I hope she is better now.

Hey guys! Well she took a nap after i posted and it had been about 3 or 4 hours since her last v* so i gave her some juice. Bad idea. She v* on the floor and my husband came home to me crying and cleaning to floor. After that she begged for juice again so i gave her some. She kept that down and played in her room until bed time. At bed time she asked for some crackers and juice. She ate and drank all of it and went to sleep. Has kept it all down and is still sleeping. Do you think my day will be v* free? I am so scared of what will happen when she wakes up. Also...how long until i am in the clear and know i wont be catching it?

If she was able to keep crackers and juice down then I think you are in the clear. She will probably wake up very hungry and thirsty, but I would take it slow, just bland foods.

I think you would know bytomorrow morningif you were going to catch whatever that was, but I don't think you will. I have never (knock on wood) caught an sv from my daughter.

Here's to hoping you will have a better day today![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Maybe she v* because she drank the juice too fast. You might get some Pedialyte...the grape kind (the other flavors are so nasty I feel bad making my kids drink it). You don't want her getting dehydrated, that will make her feel worse. Have her take small sips. Hopefully since she kept it down the last time she ate and drank, she will be ok.
    Be Here Now

Well she just woke up. She says she feels good. She asked for crackers and juice again. She's been drinking gatorade. She's resting in her room. I'm praying for a v* free day and that i don't catch it bc i am pregnant and that would not be good!

Gatorade is very good for her. I will pray for you to have a v* free day and you don't catch it too. I think you will both be okay.

A very similar thing happened with my friend's daughter who is 2 years old. It was wierd. She v* twice one morning--then that was it for about 3 days. Then one night, she woke up with both d* and v* although she seemed better in the morning. My friend called the doctor and she said that many kids are showing up with this wierd bug that comes on, takes a little hiatus, and then comes back for the finale. It sounds like that may have been what happened with your daughter. I'm glad to hear she's feeling better. I hope you are in the clear too! 48 hours from now--if you're still feeling okay--you should be fine. I know how you feel! I'm just waiting for a bug to hit my daughter's daycare. It's absolutely rampant right now at the school I work in. I feel like it's just a matter of time before I get it! I've been washing my hands like crazy! I am one of those unfortunates who has alwaysbeen susceptible to tummy bugs. Yucko!

She's doing great. Up and dancing and singing and running around. I've bleached the bathrooms and door knobs. I've sprayed lysol everywhere. I always wash my hands frequently so hopefully i'll be okay. Now i just wish i would have slept last night instead of worrying. I'm exhausted!

I'm glad she's feeling better! I hope she stays well.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

If you've been washing your hands and making a conscious effort to be careful then I'm SURE you'll be fine and you won't catch it.

Glad she's feeling better now though and bleaching/lysoling everything should ensure nobody else gets sick!!

Give yourself a pat on the back....you survived!!

Ditto!