Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was thinking, and it also may help to ask those of you who feel that you have (or know that you do have) IBS the same questions I asked those who do not. So here we go:

1) Do you every get crampy in the intestines or around the sides of
    your stomach when you have to go br #2, and if so does it happen say
    like once a week, or once in a blue moon?

2) When you do go #2 does it appear similar every time, or somewhat varies (but not to where its runs)?

3)
    Do you sometimes feel as tho you need to go again after you have gone
    not long ago (like say an hour or 2 after you've already gone)?

I'll answer first:

1) Yes, probably like at least once a week, its not bad cramps, just can feel them around my intestines/ guts.

2) It does vary, sometimes on the looser end (not d* tho) and sometimes on the constipated end, and every so often it is normal. Dont know if this is a diet thing or what, but I'm fiddling with my diet in hopes to improve stuff.

3) Yes sometimes I get this where I feel I need to turn around and go right back not long after I've gone (very frustrating!)

Ah crud, hippy could you possibly move this to the private forum?
    I didn't realize it was in this one! Sorry!

1. Yes! I get cramps a lot! Probably more than once a week!

2. Varies a bit...

3. Yes!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

1) Yes, I do. Most times I get cramping right before a bm. Most bm's are very sudden. Will feel absolutely fine, cramps will hit and will need to find a bathroom within 10 minutes or so. And this is not even d*. It's just a sense of urgency.

2) Does not appear similar every time. Always different. Runs the the whole spectrum from d* to constipation.

3) Very often I have to go #2 again within an hour after going the first time. My husband always laughs and says I should spend longer in the bathroom the first time around, but I've tried that and doesn't make a difference.

**Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I get cramping sometimes in my lower abdomen when I have been constipated for awhile and can't go.

Mine varies a bit, but as of late, I have been having d* (just like water)for a day, then I take an immodium, then 2 days later the first time I go is "normal", then I get watery d* again. It's a vicious cycle.

On the days that I do go, I always have to go several times throughout the day.

I have IBS but have been in remission for about 2 years now : my life changing tool : CALTRATE.

I can't say enough about it. I used to LIVE in the bathroom, and now, I have normal BM like any other person, as long as I watch my caffine intake and aviod super rich foods.

I know when I did have IBS, i would have cramping ( thats how i knew it would be diarhhrea ( can anyone spell that). on the odd occasion when I didnt have cramping, my BM's would be normal.

cramping is a sign that your GI tract is in overdrive.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

1.) Yes I get cramping about once or twice/week....although it doesn't always mean a bm*

2.) It usually looks pretty similar every time unless it's d*

3.) This happens to me ALL THE TIME....I'll go to the washroom and then
    15 minutes later have to go again....and then 15 minutes after that I
    have to go again....and sometimes I just continuously FEEL like I have
    to go every 10 or 15 minutes but when I actually get there either
    nothing comes out or it's just a little bit. It's really
    frustrating!!

<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

1) I do get cramping but not usually if it will be normal, if it is kinda icky or soft serve as we call it here, lol then i usually get some or a lot.

2) It is usualy pretty much the same, sometimes it changes, but eating the same thigns, and exercising every dayI think helps.

3) I have had that happen, where I end up going all day. In the AM...afternoon, evening, its its annoying, because I hate public restrooms. Even last night I woke up at 1AM because I had to go #2, like thanks body, thanks. I get lots of gas easy too, which makes it all more uncomfertble
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do those of you with IBS get d* frequently (like once a week or more?) or is it just every blue moon (as much as someone without IBS would get)?

**Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Yep, totally varies! From more than once a week, to less than once a month!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Same here. Definitely depends on my stress levels. However, I do have an urgent need to go #2 regularly, which always makes me fear I will have d*.