Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well i'm back again. As you know my daughter was sick with what was probably a sv on tuesday. She had been fine all day wednesday and yesterday and my husband and i had almost hit the 36 hour mark uneffected. I played with her yesterday and everything...as i thought she was only contagious now through her poo and she and i both washed our hands a lot. Well last night before bed she said her tummy hurt. Sure enough at 1:30 in the morning she came into my room saying she had thrown up. The husband cleaned it up and she didnt do it again and is up now watching tv and drinking juice and eating corn chips that my husband left out last night. Was/is she still very contagious? Do you think her tummy just wasnt fully recovered yet?? We need to go grocery shopping today and i am scared of taking her and i'm paranoid again about catching it. Do i need to wait 36 hours from this event now before i'm in the clear?

My 6 yr. old often gets svs, then eats and acts normall and will v* agai out of the blue because she overdid it on the eating. She's probably fine!

Thank you! I think that is what it is...she had french fries from mcdonalds...i know i'm a bad mom...but she wanted them and i felt so bad that she hadnt had real food. Anyway i just read some info on this site about the spread of the virus and i think i'm okay now. I know that i wash my hands often and so does she and i was no near her when she v*. I guess i'll put her back on the sick foods. How long before she can eat normally again?

I agree with Donna---her tummy is probably still a bit sensitive and disagreeable right now. This happens to alot of children. My son had a sv* once and he seemed 100 % better the following days, but he ended up v*ing all over the place while sleeping. I had thought his tummy could handle pizza and apparently I was so very wrong!! He was quite fine after that instance however.

As far as taking her shopping just keep an eye and her use your best judgement. If it's something that can wait until tomorrow maybe give your daughter an extra day to relax. If not, I'm sure she will be perfectly fine at the store.

Hang in there!!

So much for my husband cleaning it up. He left a v* covered pillow in her room.

Nice...We can always count on our husbands to miss something important when we put them in charge of cleaning up something (at least mine anyway).

I hope your little girl is feeling better now. My children have been the same , fine for a day or 2 and then v*d again. Hopefully it is all over now.

No doubt in my mind that it was the fries that made her sick. After a stomach virus, the rule of thumb is liquids only for the twenty-four hours after the last bout of v**. Then for the next 24 hours, the BRAT diet only. By that time 48 hours should have passed since the last v*** episode.

After two days of a bland diet, I still err on the side of caution by staying with easily tolerated foods for the next five days. That means soft cereals, breads, soups. No fried foods, pizza or dairy products for that week.

Remember that the intestines are irritated for a bit after a sv and need some time to recouperate. Try to look at it this way. If you cut yourself, you would not rub the cut over and over. You would probably put a band-aid on it to keep it from being touched or rubbed so it could heal.Fried foods are hard to digest on the best of days. They are certainly not good for irritated little tummies. I know it is so hard to deny them something they want, especially when they are feeling better.They just have to trust that we know better.Itstough all the way around.

Stella

She's been fine all day today. It has now been 72 hours since her symptoms started...i'm starting to feel better about not catching it. Now i'm just dreading the night. Hopefully no more v* surprises for me for a while.

oh that's good. Hope she's 100% better soon!

I can assure you that she is past the v*. It was the juice and chips. Little tummys cannot take that high fat content after a virus like grown-up tummys can. You are free and clear as well. Relax, the worst is over. Keep washing those hands! That's what saved you!

Sleep well tonight!

Nichole

Well...I went through this too...son v* one morning and then didn't v* again till the next morning. However...if it is norwalk, which is most likely seems to be, she is contagious for up to 3 weeks AFTER her last symptom of being sick! So I would have to say that she is still contagious! Just make sure to wash your hands. If it makes you feel any better...8 out of 10 people got sick and I didn't!!!

3 weeks? I never heard anything like that the most I ever heard was 2 weeks. But usually just 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx
    3 weeks? I never heard anything like that the most I ever heard was 2 weeks. But usually just 2 days

Well, you will read 2-3 weeks, but this site here says up to 3 weeks. Better safe than sorry!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-01-08-stomach-bug_x .htmEdited by: 6pksummer

This was interesting reading...and hopeful...
    Other studies show some people are naturally immune to norovirus. "You can throw as much virus as you want at them, and they won't get it," he says.
    To cause illness, the virus binds to receptors in the gut, he says, but "clearly, there are people who don't have the receptors and won't get infected."
    Then there are people who get infected and can spread the virus but don't get sick themselves.
    Some research suggests people with blood type B seem to be resistant to infection and illness from at least one of the norovirus strains known as Norwalk virus, Widdowson says. Why? Another mystery.