Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well yet again I am posting about a s* child. I am sure it is not stomach related, but my daugter has still v*d today and I am worrying.

My daughter complained of a sore throat this morning and just was not herself so I told her she could stay home from school, but my husband decided she had to go. As usual I was not pushy enough and my poor daughter ended up going to school. I feel really guilty now. I waited all day for the school to call me to collect her but it did not happen so I really hoped that she would be alright when I collected her this afternoon. My husband had taken my son for a haircut so it was just me collecting my daughter. Sure enough she came out of school really unwell with a very high temperature and really sore throat. She told me she felt s* and all the way walking home she kept making horrible choking noises. I was so scared. Luckily we made it home before she v*d. She only did it once and I am sure it was due to the high temperature. I was really determind to be strong and forced myself to spend time with her this evening even though I was so scared she would v* again. I felt quite pleased that I had managed to stay quite calm. My husband was not impressed and says I have completely over reacted as usual and that I need to get some help. He is probably right, but I actually thought I had coped better than usual. I had read to my daughter, took her guinea pig to her room for her and jsut sat with her.

Tonight my husband is complaining of a sore throat so now I am worrying that he is getting it. I really hope not. I find it so hard to cope when he is ill as he is usually the strong sensible one. I am scared to go to bed in case he is unwell in the night. I can't even cope with ilnesses which are not stomach related, all illnesses scare me.

Forget what he said, I think that you handled it really well. If you think that you handled it better than usual, then for crying out loud let yourself feel good about that! It sounds to me that you did a fantastic job and didn't over-react by anyone's standards. All illnesses stink, everyone hates being sick...remember, you are very clean, wash your hands, practise good hygeine, you will be just fine. I am sorry that you are going through this none the less. Hang in there and tkae care of yourself!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I agree that you did not overreact to that. I hope you don't get sick.

Sounds to me like strep throat maybe. I have heard that v* can happen with someone that has strep throat. Sounds like you did a really good job!! Keep us posted.

Sounds like strep to me too. Fever, sore throat, vomiting in children all signs of strep. I would take her to the dr tomorrow if she's not better.

Oh hun, I am sorry ypur little girl isn't feeling well. Hopefully she will be better soon. If she needs an antibiotic, the infection usually starts clearing up in 24 - 48 hours.

I am pretty sure she may have v* from the possible strep, as that is very common for kids.

Hope she's better soon--keep us updated.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I feel confident that she has strep throat. Her symptoms are so textbook.

By the way, you did great, despite what your husband thinks.

Stella

Curly, you are the strong, sensible one. You coped brilliantly when your daughter was ill, and you rightly should be proud of yourself. And you were right in wanting to keep your daughter from school- I'm sorry to say this, but you are far more intuitive than your husband when it comes to your children - not just because you're a mum, but because you spend your time with them 365 days a year. Next time, be brave, put your foot down!

I wish your husband would give you the credit you deserve for everything you do and cope with.

Anyway, sounds like a throat issue for sure...I hope she feels better soon. And if your husband does get it...send him out for the day and see how he feels when he gets back! (sorry, that was bitchy!). If he is ill though, he won't be as bad as your daughter, he's stronger, so will cope.

HI Curly, I hope your daughter is doing better. I woke my husband up the other night in a panic when my son was experiencing excuriating stomach pains and thinking he was going to v* and pleading with me to help. I totally had a panic attack and needed help. I could tell he was annoyed by me waking him up at 2:30 in the morning but he helped me out for an hour until my son calmed down. He just kept shaking his head at me when we would make eye contact but so be it.

I can't help it and neither can you. We all know here that we would do anything not to has this phobia but we do. Your mother instinct was right to keep her home instead of pushing her to go to school and I'm sorry but he wrong for making her go!!. We all know how men are when they are sick and they tend to be rather insenstive when it's not them on the receiving end.

Please don't be to hard on yourself. Just think how many times you've dealt with these situations on your own without him around, you've always done a great job!!!

I do hope your daughter gets well soon, and I think you did a real good job handling it. Be proud...hope she will continue to get well...Kate
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Sally, I am so sorry!! It seems that your family gets sick when your husband is home, I just hate that for you!! I don't want his stay at home to be ruined!! I just went through this with my baby. He had an extremely high fever and the dr. said his throat was terribly red, and he did v* a few times from the fever. Take her in and see about getting some antibiotics. Let us know!!!

By the way, how long is your husband home for?

Thankyou all for your replies. I took my daughter to the doctors and he said it was a virus but to take her back if her throat did not get better in a few days. Yesterday she was still quite bad but today she seems a little bit brighter.

My husband is fine, his sore throat was not anything, but he tried to make my daughter go to school yesterday even though she had a temperature of 38.4. He said to give her some Calpol and send her anyway as she would only mope around if she stayed home. I was strong and insisted she stayed home. This morning my husband wanted to send her again, but I have still insisted she stays home as she really is not well enough for school. I don't think he is very happy about it though.

Donna, my husband is hopefully home until March, but he has already been away all last week on a course in Norway and he may have to do a 4 day trip next week. We never seem to get long together. As soon as his company need somebody he will volunteer. I really wish he wouldn't . Then he cancelled a day out we had planned to go and help his mum and dad. Sorry i know I should not get annoyed, but it does hurt when he rushes off to help everyone else and knows that I will just accept it without complaining.

Well it seems my daughter is getting better now and hopefully my son will not catch it.

I am so glad your daughter is feeling better hon! I hope the rest of you stay in the clear! *hugs*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glad your daughter is on the mend - and well done on staying strong, you absolutely should not send a child to school with a temperature. And you also have every right to get annoyed - don't feel bad about it!

Good for you for standing your ground on keeping her home. She should definitely not go to school with a temp as she is very contagious during that time. Aside from her being completely miserable, he doesn't want her to spread it to others does he?