Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh
    gosh I think I made a big mistake tonight. I have been on this diet,
    trying to lose weight since the birth of my son in March and I have
    done quite well. I am not eating carbs very much after a certain time
    of the day but I wanted to have one of those "splurge" nights tonight.
    My husband and I went out for dinner tonight and I treated myself for a
    nice piece of chocolate cake and it was very rich! Gosh I am n now and
    its getting worse and worse by the moment... in fact I feel my mouth
    starting to water.. I know I keep on saying that I want to end this
    emet and I would have to let myself v if I needed to.. but... I CANT DO
    IT! I DONT WANT TO V!! What if I do??? I hate this!! I'm just going to
    keep fighting the n until it turns into d, which is what happens! Uggh

Miriam

</span></font>

Hmm, sounds like panick to me!!! I'm sure you'll be okay, maybe take a gravol to settle your stomac? or some water or gingerale?

Let me know how you're doing! I'll be online for a bit.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I
    am sipping on ginerale very slowly, its helping a bit but still not out
    of the woods by any means. I am staying online until I feel better then
    I'm going to go to bed but there is no way I am going to bed until I am
    better!

Miriam

</span></font>

understandable! are you okay? did you want to chat at all?
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry you feel sick. Try to fight the nausea, but if it doesn't go away, I really don't know what to tell you. Um.... have you taken any anti-nausea medications? Are you sure it is "real" nausea? Since I have been Emetophobic, I have gotten my feelings mixed up, so whenever I feel bad in my mid-section, I worry. Are you feeling any better than when this feeling in your stomach first started? I hope you feel better!

Hmmm... I didn't know you could fight nausea and then it will turn into a thing of the intestines.

Peace. LiZZy

There
    are moments where its getting worse than others. Yeah I get major d
    usually after fighting bad nausea, but that could be due to nerves. I
    dont know... I dont have any gravol here anymore, what if I end up
    having to give in at the end[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Gosh I dont know what to do, if you want to chat I am only on AIM right now mbs73075

Miriam

</span></font>

Hmmm...I don't have AIM only Msn...

I'm sure you'll be okay, you can't get any gravol at all? that would work!!!!!

The pharmacy isnt open this late, but I'm starting to feel better, for now anyway until the next wave, uggh! I HATE THIS!

Miriam

</span></font>

Sorry. I do not have AIM. I really do not know what to tell you, except, even though you fight it, if may eventually happen, anyways. But, maybe not. If your husband is home, and there are any pharmacy stores in your areathat are open 24 hours, maybe you can get him to get you some anti-nausea medication. But, if that's too much trouble, never mind what I just said. I hope you will feel better soon!

Oops....never mind what I said about the pharmacy. I didn't know you posted about the closed pharmacy when I was typing.

This
    n is coming in waves, right now its getting bad again and unfortunately
    there are no 24 hour pharmacies around here, just downtown and we live
    just north of the city. Gosh what if I end up having to give in???? I
    dont want to, this gingerale is helping at times but right now its not
    doing much. I hate this so much

Miriam

</span></font>

Okay....one thing I can tell you. If you have to give in and vomit, you are better off giving in earlier than later because if you end up vomiting after many hours of suffering from nausea, you would have spent all those hours with nausea, but they truth is, after vomiting, you may feel better. Do you think it is the cake that caused it? If it was from the cake, you should feel better after getting sick. But, I understand that we are emets and would try to fight it off. I hope you don't vomit!

LiZZy

Its
    not getting any better, I cant believe I am actually saying this but I
    think I am going to have to give in this time...I honestly have no idea
    what else to do

Miriam

</span></font>

OMG
    I retched like 2 times and NOTHING... I think I am incapable of v'ing!
    The funny thing is, I am starting to feel better.. WHAT DOES THIS
    MEAN?? I am NEVER eating that cake again, thats all I can say!

Miriam

</span></font>

I
    am still a bit n but not like before, but there is no way I can v. If I
    couldnt v even after retching then its just never going to happen. I
    admit I am quite depressed over this. Someone who doesnt have this
    stupid phobia would have v'ed a long time ago and not cared. I keep on
    wanting to give into situations like this, and its so easy to say when
    I am not faced with it at the time but when I AM faced with it, well
    forget it! I freak out and cant let it happen. Anyway I dont know what
    to do this totally sucks! Thanks for caring though.

Miriam

</span></font>

Miriam, are you online right now?? I am on AIM my sn is ncsmile603. I tried Iming you but I got no answer. I hope you are okay! I will be online for a while just in case you want to talk, okay?

Take care!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay, you signed off...I hope everything is okay...!!!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miriam, my parents just got home and I have to log off. I hope everything is okay!!!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

I don't know how it is in Canada, but they sell anti-emetics (Gravol, Dramamine) at most gas stations around here. If you feel really bad, maybe they sell some around at a 24-hour gas station? I really hope you're feeling better!

mbs, the fact that you tried to v* amazes me because there would be no way in hell i would ever try to, even if it meant that i had to suffer all night long, but I'm sure you are better now, you didn't say when you left, let us know!

do you know what i think that is??

i think u ate that cake.. and ur stomach is ful. sumtimes that can make you feel yucky and full.... so when u "tried to v*"it didnt work, because ur body doesnt WANT you to!

the best thing to do under those sityuations, is to eat sum gum or smthing. it tricks ur mind into thinking that thers smthing more for it to digest, and it gets the stomach to work faster.. so the " full up" feeling shudnt last as long.

hope u feel better.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Miriam, I really hope you are getting better. I am sorry because I wasn't on this site while all this was going on, but at least you had these wonderful people there for you. How are you feeling now? Anyways, I know what you mean about waves of nausea, sometimes I get really really bad nausea and KNOW this is it, and it gets so bad that I actually want to v* to get it over with. But I never ever do. But the nausea is horrid, it comes in waves like you said, waves of better and waves of worse. For me, water helps me through these types of things, and then when I pee it out I know it went straight through my stomach without me v*ing it up first so I am fine. I am sure a lot of it was anxiety, yes anxiety can do this to you, I know first hand. Let us know how you are.

I think jenneh is right. I was on holiday last week and it was the penultimate night, so i wanted to slob out. I ate a whole load of spring rolls, a whole pizza and a large ice cream. Me and my sis had exactly the same thing and she, like myself, felt sicky full. I get that a lot after over eating. I couldnt get to sleep for a while because your food is still there. let me know how things turn out!!!
    ISAIAH 41:10

if you have any lemons, cut them into pieces, smell them and suck on them if you can&gt; ive heard that works. also, try to lay on your right side. suck on ice chips!

I hope your feeling better!Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Thanks for being so caring and concerned, well I got through the night okay and I'm okay now... and no I didnt v but you know what, I feel so defeated in a way. Its like, I keep on saying when I am not feeling like this that I'll just give inwhen the time comes and I still couldnt really do it. As far as I am concerned, a few retches are meaningless Oh well. I think Jen is right though, I was just sickly full and not used to eating that so my body kinda reacted that way but didnt really want to v. Uggh I dont know, all I know is that I hate this stupid phobia! Thanks for your concern though, that means a lot to me!!

Miriam

i used to say that all the time, " when it comes to it now, im just gnna do it, im nt gnna be scared of it nemore" but when the times comes, u just panic, and ne logical thoughts u once had, completly go out the window! which is why the whole "flashj cards" thing might be useful..

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

miriam i have the same thing.. ive been on no carb diet for a
    yrar n some.. everytime i eat something fatty i feel sooo
    nauseous.. i can ear juta lil bit... n its my stomach that doesnt let
    it...my mind just wants all the doughnuts n cakes all the time..
    its good in a way that i will not be overweight ever.. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey Miram!

Im sorry you were feeling so bad earlier. I know how scary it is when you know its REAL nausea and your feelin so sick. I understand how you feel defeated because you couldnt get sick, but I agree maybe your stomach didnt want to make you sick. Im glad your feeling better, I know how crappy it is to have a setback that scares you like that.

Jen
    yeah I guess many of us emets say that. It sucks huh? hanarky I am not
    on a no carb diet, its not good to be on a no carb diet but I am not
    eating carbs after a certain time of the day. Its best to eat them
    earlier when your metabolism is working at its best. But it sucks
    because once in a while I would like a treat which wont hurt you but I
    hope its just one of those days where what I had didnt agree with me.
    And yes Galadriel its sucks to have a setback like that. I still feel
    down about it but I am trying to forget about the whole thing even
    though its hard.

Miriam

</span></font>

Miriam,

I know you posted this a few days ago but I wanted to tell you that something similar happened to me last night. I ate some angel hair pasta with a pink sauce - something I have had a million times before and for whatever reason (not carb related) - it made me feel so sick. And I am pretty sure this was more real nausea than anxiety. I had wicked heartburn as well so on top of feeling sick - I could barely swallow - my throat was on fire! It was awful.

The reason I bring this up is because I was convinced I was going to v* this time. I felt like there was no way to stop it - but I did. I managed to "ride it out" like I always do and I was pissed at myself just like you. I always tell myself that the next time I faced with possibly being sick - I am going to do it and convince myself that its not the big deal I make it in my head. But no dice - I totally freaked out last night - had a panic attack - shaking - the whole nine yards. It sucked. And to boot - I was so disappointed in myself.

The best I can do now is just pick myself up - dust myself off (so to speak) and keep working on exposure and therapy. I am sad this happened but I am not going to let it stop me. We can beat this!

I am glad you are feeling better now and I hope the next time this happens to us - we can post better news. Knowing we are scared is half the battle - now we can work on fixing it.

Take care,

Jessica[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]