Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just another vent...I am getting sooo tired of this sv* season...we have had it going around since before Thanksgiving and it still hasn't let up!! It was really bad around Christmas and seems like it is picking back up again. My nefew and a coworker were sick with it last week, my friend said that she was v* all day yesterday (but still managed to go out and have drinks with me last night.) One of our clients was v* in the bathroom today and three of my clients called in stating that they or their children had the sv*. I have been around all of these people and feel like I am doomed. I was doing a lot better with this fear, but lately I feel right in the middle of it, trapped, helpless, hopeless, and mentally not right. Is anybody else feeling like this right now? How are you getting through it? What strides are you making to get better?I feel like I am going to be like this the rest of my life and always full of anxiety and fear....argghhhhh!!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Silver,

I know exactly what you are going through right now. I felt int he "middle" of all that sv* stuff in December right around Christmas. The lady that owns the barn I board my horses at had her niece there for the weekend...she got SEVERELY ill that Friday night. Then our barn manager (who had just gotten over the same virus a week before) called in a few days later sick with it again! Then, the lady I was talking about first got just d*, took compazine and said she was fine....NOPE...two days later she was v* all night long and had to go to the ER....then...my bf's sister had it three days before Christmas, and we had to go visit...his family does a "pot luck" dinner for Christmas...wewent hungry on Christmas! then....(I'm a court reporter)

***might be a little graphic***

I had a jury trial to report a couple of weeks ago. I was assigned to the second day of the trial. I was sitting there waiting for the judge to come in, and I noticed that the defendant had a white towel sitting in front of her and A ROLL OF TRASHBAGS!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]so her lawyer stands up before we get started with letting the jury watch a video deposition of a doctor and anounces that her client has come down with the sf and she may have to RUN out of the courtroom. That crazy lady pipes up and says, "Don't worry. I brought trash bags. I'm prepared." OMG! Can you believe that??? Can you believe there are actually people out there who don't give a CRAP who they infect with this stuff? HOW RUDE[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

here's what I did (I am SO ashamed of this!)

They started the video for the jury....I ran OUT of the courtroom, called my firm and told them I had an emergency with my son and they had to get someone to come relieve me...I left ALL of my equipment there (to the tune of about $4,000)...even left my coat!

then we found out that one of the kids who works at the barn has been sick with it all week...(I haven't been out to see my ponies since sunday because of this!)

so I understand what you are going through. I have been feeling VERY anxious too and can't wait for these stories to cease. I'm sick of hearing about it all.
    \"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"

The courtroom story is disgusting. This crap (no pun intended) passes around because of fools like that person. Then again, our system is not forgiving if the woman would have called in sick.

Stella

Well, the ironic thing is that I found out later that one of the lawyers ended up having to leave around lunch time (pregnancy issues), so the system here is forgiving,I guess.

Some people just like the drama of it all. I agree. The reason this virus won't GO AWAY is because of stupid people like that. I wanted to walk right up to her ans slap her!! but I didn't want to get to close...LOL!

She was leaning over talking to her attorney all in her face too! uggg!!!
    \"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"

Well I think the system was forgiving for the pregnant woman because they don't want any bad publicity or a lawsuit. Remember we are living in a PC environment. On the other hand, if the sick woman called her lawyer first thing in the morning to tell her she was sick (and she may have), her lawyer probably told her that she had to show up.

I had jury duty scheduled for me on my due date with my son. Even though a wrote a letter, telling them it was my due date, they refused to let me out of it, claiming it was my civic duty!!!! My BIL, an attorney, had to jump through hoops to get me a postponement. They postponed it alright -- for one month later. Yep, you guessed it. I had to sit there with a month old nursing baby. Fortunately, I was sent home after deliberation. But I was there a good six hours, before I was released.

Stella

I just got done with a jury duty term here! I had to serve for four months and in that time had to go in at least 8 times! I got a check in the mail for $15.10 the other day! I am so thankful that my term is done.

I think that it is ridiculous that managers and bosses are not better about people when they are sick. I know that some people abuse it and call in all of the time... As a society we are so focused on productivity and profit that they were rather have sick people there than not. It is sooo frustrating! I mean going to work with a little cold is one thing, but going when you have strep throat, sv*, flu or whatever is just rude to others! I stay home when I am that sick. I know that some people can't afford to stay home, but that is why crap keeps spreading around. Anytime we have crude going around the office its because people keep coming in sick and it just spreads to everyone. I am just so tired of hearing about this sv*, this morning AGAIN I had a woman come in and tell me that she was up all night with a puking kid...I AM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT!!

I feel the exact same way you do. Ive reached the point where I fear going out. I went to the grocery store yesterday and qwuickly picked up 5 things I needed and kept my gloves on the entire time. I had to do laundry so I went last night, no one was there and did my wash. Didn't wear gloves though but washed my hands till my knuckle bled. I still where gloves whenever I put anything in my mouth or handle any food at all, I just have to, yet even with all these precautions I still worry everyday that I picked it up in the air. Ever since my friend told me that a nurse told her it was 'airborne' I have been worried. It's consuming my thoughts day and night, I'm literally driving myself crazy and I know these boards only add fuel to the fire, but I am still here.

Kim

My doctor excuses me from jury duty the 2x I was asked to go. he writes that I have severe agoraphobia, which I do and anxiety. My husband got a notice to go several years ago and didn't go, never heard anything. I no longer fill out the census because I think that's how they find you for jury duty. Kim

This was the third time that I had been summoned (correct word?) Twice while I was in college, but I got out of it...this time I thought that I had better just do it! It was frustrating because I get paid as a contractor, so I only get paid when I am working and instead of my usual $20 per hour, I made $5.15 while serving!! I am just glad that it is OVER with!!

I HATE HATE HATE this sv* season! y'all are lucky you weren't doomed! this effing season broke my record of 4.5 years v* free [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

by the way, chances are, IF you get sv*, you won't v* as much as a non-emet. My mom and I had it Sunday (HORRIBLE experience) but I only v* 3 times. She v* 6 and had d* the same time! I had d* but only a little and it was Monday. go figure.

This sv* season has been worse for me then in the years before. I am so much more paranoid! It seems like everyone I know has it. I find myself running in and out of stores quickly, and also keeping my gloves on. I know how you feel. I sprayed my steering wheel down with Lysol today!!! Oh the things us emets do! I have to laugh at myself sometimes, or I'll go crazy!