Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This emet stuff is gettin ridiculous! I'm starting to panic about the slightest thing. Like for lunch today i had a sandwich and a bag of these bacon streak crispy things. Now i keep burping (sorry gross i kno) and i can kinda taste the crisps still, i keep thinking that its cos they arent gettin digested and i might v* if they arent going anywhere? Or does this just happen anyways?

God ive just read what ive typed and i sound mad! This emet is gettin so bad, i cant even touch a light switch without gettin the urge to go wash my hands afterwards!

I went bowling the other day and eugh imagine how many dirty fingers have been in htose bowling balls? Yuk, i kept going off to the toilets to wash my hands! I cant even enjoy a day out! Is anyone else getting this extreme obsessive behaviour as emet progresses? I wish i could see a psychiatrist soon, ive been on the waiting list since last november! Guess emetophobis isnt very important?

I HATE THIS PHOBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

awww Sarah, stands like ur standing on the edge of getting prtty bad OCD as well!!!

DONT LET IT !!!!

i dont really do nething obsessively like tht, cos of this emet... i used to have bad OCD, where i wud have to touch smthing if i got the urge, or evrything wud have to be even... its just smthing u cant stop.. i know how irritating it can be.

about what u ate for lunch: it may have made u burp or whatever... buts its not gnna make u sick.

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was getting like that too, and I went on anti-depressants, and they helped me. I still worry about hygiene and germs, but it's definately in the back of my mind, instead of the first and only thing I think about.

I dont' mean that drugs should be the cure-all for everything, but they helped me.

Hope you're feeling better soon, I know what you're going through and it sucks.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

First
    of all burping up doesnt NOT mean you are going to v. I do that
    all the time and I honestly dont worry because I know it doesnt lead to
    v. Neither does a bit of regurgitation. So try not to worry about that
    the next time it happens. Again you will NOT v from burping!

Miriam

</span></font>

Hi Sarah - are you feeling any better yet? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

Hey guys, thanks for replying.... i felt better after about 4 hours of panic! But ive kinda felt the same today. Ive started taking peppermint oil capsules for ibs and to elp my digestive system but i can tatste mint now all the time, it feels like its gna come bk up??? Does that even make sense? I finally got an appointment to see a psychiatrist on friday!!! Im very very nervous as im not sure what wil happen. Im scared they wont know much about emet and wont really know how to help?

This feels like my last hope, so everythings riding on this psychiatrist!

Wish i could stop feeling sick though. im only gettin about 3 hours of sleep a night sob... HELP lol

Sarah xxx

I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

i just want to say good luck with the psychaitist on friday!!

i really really hope they can help you out a little bit.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I know how you feel, sometime I don't eat for periods of days because I'm so sure that I'm going to vomit if I do so.