Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you have any other phobias or fears?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes (please describe in a reply)

77 68.75%
  • no

35 31.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you have any other fears that are kind of out of hand or effect your life negatively? Aside from emet., I also have fears of plane rides since 9/11. I used to be afraid of getting air sick on a plane, but not of any kind of accident. I have been on planes since that day but it is really hard and I almost pass out from anxiety beforehand.

I also am developing a fear of d* (basically anything that comes with nausea). And a few years ago I started fearing death: me or someone I love dying unexpectedly.

I am starting to think about taking some kind of medication cause it seems the fears are increasing.

fear of flying

fear of dying

fear of cancer

fear of high places

I have claustrophobia, I am afraid to go to the dentist (but I do), I am afraid to fly (but I do), I am afraid of bugs, mice and snakes, I am afraid of water (like for swimming andboating), I could probably go on and on. I have many fears but most of them don't stop me from engaging in them.

I have a fear of d*, which pretty much sucks when you have IBS. It's not so much the d* itself I fear, but more of a fear of being away from a bathroom or having d* at a very inopportune time. And of course, because I worry about it so much, and stress is a big trigger for IBS, I usually find that I am running for a bathroom at very inconvenient times and places. UGH.

I have a fear of driving. It's like i just can't do it. It's too scary. It makes my husband angry that he has to drive me everywhere and he wants me to just get my license but it isnt just that easy for me.

Flying (but i do)

Enclosed spaces

Dying

Snakes

I'm sure there are more......

Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Choking. (myself and others)

Dying.

\"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

There are other things that I am afraid of, but not phobic of (if that makes any sense). I hate spiders, I think that they are horrible and ugly, but I am only realyl scared of big ones and black widows and ones that can harm me. I don't care for flying, but I still do it, everything else that scares me, I can deal with it....just not v*.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Travel....I forgot that one earlier.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I could make a list, but it would take too long! I tell people that I am scared of EVERYTHING! That may be why I don't leave my house, and was diagnosed with agoraphobia. But a few of the worst are.........

Germs

Traffic

Elevators

Bridges

okay...this is gonna be a LONG list...

broken bones, insects (spiders included), snakes, mice, rats, any othe creepy crawly thing, being stuck in traffic (even though i dont drive), people yelling at me, standing in lines, crowded places (especially restaurants and buses), planes (because of emet),enclosed spaces, not being able to move (you should have seen me during my EEG...i wasn't allowed to even take a deep breath...), ghosts (but i love them at the same time...but get me in a haunted place and i'll freak if i'm alone), the dark, aliens (i fear being abducted), closests at night (i'm serious...and i have ET to blame for that), the Muppets (especially those two old guys in the balcony on the Muppet Show), my fingernails falling off, car accidents, nuclear bombs/weapons, guns, alcohol (because of emet), deep water without anything to hold on to, the ocean (swimming in it), boats (because those make me n*), being homeless, being bald (because i've been bald before), swearing, silence (i always have to have music...), movie theaters, men, sex, my mom dying (but not me dying...)...i'm sure i could go on and on...i USED to fear little dogs, like chihuahuas, but i got over that fear and i love chihuahuas now! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

if you read that whole list...congratulations! and i swear i'm not too weird...just afraid of most things! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

oh yeah...and i'm afraid of my mom cancelling our internet service...which she's been threatening![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a few more phobias:

Deep, dark water

Heights (looking down, agh!!)

Flying

Scorpions

Death
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yes.

Height

Water

Dying

Dogs

Bees and some other insects

You only live once

heights

large crowds

enclosed spaces

but as silver said these fears are no where nerear as bad as v* and do not bring about the same panic

Quote Originally Posted by haiku25
    I have a fear of d*, which pretty much sucks when you have IBS. It's not so much the d* itself I fear, but more of a fear of being away from a bathroom or having d* at a very inopportune time. And of course, because I worry about it so much, and stress is a big trigger for IBS, I usually find that I am running for a bathroom at very inconvenient times and places. UGH.
    Ditto! Could have wrote this myself. I never used to tell anyone about my ibs because I figure who even wants to know that? Plus I get SO embarrassed about it. But recently I was going away with a very close friend of mine and instead of just worrying about what she might think if I was always looking for a toilet etc etc I simply said that I have IBS and it's brought on by stress. Much to my amazement she told me she had the same thing, once that element of worrying was gone and I knew that I'd be ok in looking for a bathroom I felt a lot calmer.

I don't fear dying as such I just fear dying before I've had a chance to do more with my life.

My friends always laught because they say I don't have any "normal" fears and they're right! I don't </span>fear Spiders,Heights,Blood, Needles, Death, Flying or dentists. Which are what most people fear.

I do</span> fear D*,V* being anywhere I can't get out of, being trapped and also Ants
    Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i also have a fear of being in traffice stopped under a bridge....i am afraid it will eith collapse.....OR a car will jump it.

Also a few years back there was an accident in OKlahoma where i live...a barge (boat) hit the pillar of a bridge causing it to collapse and most of the cars that fell in the water....they did not make it out.

so needless to say...if possible...i floor it accros one.

migraines. I'm also a bit agoraphobic. Which I am faceing today because I am going to Foxwoods which is about 2 1/2 hours from home.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Claustraphobia, when I was like 5 or 6 my sister said that I could probably fit in one of the lockers in the changing room at school, so I got in, she slammed the door shut and it got stuck. Needless to say I freaked out and I hate enclosed spaces now.

Heights, which I really don't have THAT much of a problem with if I'm in a building or there's a rail or something. My parents like to go on vacations where we would hike up mountains and stuff where there would be no rails, that always freaked me out.

Clowns....wow you don't even wanna know the story behind that one.

Dying

Eating in front of other people (Which has gotten better but not totally)

Silverfish and Cockroaches, I live in a basement apartment and every so often I see a silverfish....god I hate those things.

That's about it!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

hippychick &amp; haiuku25 theres a name for what you are going through - that fear of being away from a toilet. i suffer from it as well - toilet phobia.

i also have bad social phobia &amp; have done all my life

x
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I have a lot of other ones. I have fears of: dogs, talking to people, long trips, NOT eating, being dizzy, being near a lot of people, not being near bathroom,being murdered, needles, diarrhea,and sharp objects. I think that's all. There might be a few more but I can't really think right now.

Fear of drowning in a car...that one is pretty bad....

I am pretty much afraid of anything that is out of the norm!

I am TERRIFIED of thunderstorms. I can't function during one. It's the tornados that get me. I was born and raised in Arkansas, and when I was in 4th grade, a tornado hit my home town, killing 6 people. We didn't have sirens at the time either. Then in 11th grade, I was watching a basketball game on TV (Arkansas vs. University of Memphis-go Hogs!) and looked outside. It was green, and it was raining hard, then not raining at all. All of a sudden, there was a huge BOOM and the power went out. A tornado had hit my neighborhood, completely destroying one of my friend's houses (thank goodness he and his family were gone for the weekend). One touched down 1/3 of a mile from my house a couple of years ago, and I actually SAW one once.

LOL can you tell how scared of tornados I am? Luckily we don't have too many here (we had one in December-the first one since 1972-go figure).

I don't like to fly, but I will. I'll fly before I drive anywhere, because I get carsick. But, when we moved out here, I flew. From Little Rock to Phoneix, it was awful. It was SOOOOOOO bumpy, I was NOT going to get on the next leg of my flight (Phoenix to Portland) but I did. When I went home last month, my shrink very thoughtfully provided me with Xanax, so when it got bumpy, I didn't care.

I don't like elevators, but I'm lazy,so I'll ride them rather than take the stairs.

I sometimes fear having d* while out in public, but since being diagnosed with Celiac disease, I'm constipated all the time, so that's not an issue unless I've taken a laxative. Then I refuse to leave the house. I don't care about doing it in public, I'm just worried that I won't make it to the bathroom. I've been known to wear pads during such times, but have never needed them.

I don't care for small spaces or bridges, but I don't freak out over it. Unless I am stopped on a bridge, then I don't like it. Oh, and there is one bridge here that I hate. It's the I 5 bridge that goes from WA to OR. I take the I 205 bridge, because it's wider and more open. Plus the other bridge is usually backed up, and it's on the other side of town from me (that's how I justify avoiding it).

I think that's it.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

No other fear for me,just v*. Well,actually i do fear losing my loved ones to death,but i don't think about it because i get too busy enjoying them as they are here. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs

I have a fear of getting Cancer. I don't let is consume me though. Of course this is also related to emet.

I also have a fear of loved ones dying (my mother passed when I was 18). At times I get upset about this thought but I try to keep it out of my mind as much as possible.

I have a fear (not really a phobia) of torndadoes (even though I've never actually been through one) and that's because I'm scared of losing a loved one

Fear of Snakes!

I have many other fears, but they ALL stem from my emetophobia, so I put no.

I'm quite frightened of flying.

I have a fear -- probably bordering on phobia -- of spiders, having been very obviously traumatized at the age of three.

I'm scared of heights; mainly open high places. I know exacly where this comes from, but it's rather difficult to describe and would take up time that I need for other purposes.

I think the second listed is the only one that did not come from emetophobia.

~Madeleine

Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island