Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay. I had an idea of a game like thing we could do with all of our worries and anxieties. So often we hear of times that one of us has a sick child and the other one ends up sick, or hubby gets it, or it goes around work- stuff like that. What if we come up with times when we were sure that we were doomed and it turned out okay. Times that we worried for no reason at all. Maybe this will help get us thinking in a different kind of way. (?) For instance...

Last week I had a terrible stomach ache. I had convinced myself that I would surely be sick- that there was no way around it. I made my husband stay home from work and put all of my 'just incase' stuff next to my bed and woke up the next morning feeling fine. I had no reason to worry so much. I ended up being perfectly fine.
    \"This too shall pass\"

OHHH, this is a good idea Shiva! For 7 years, either one or both of my kids have had sv*s and neither me nor my hubby got them. (I can't report on THIS year yet because only one week has passed with my oldest being ill-crossing my fingers still.[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img])
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Good idea! Last Wed night, I woke up at 3am with "that"
    feeling. I was so sure I was gonna v*, that I actually started
    calming down, and realized I had to except it. I paced in out
    little bathroom for an hour. I even set a towel on the ground,
    and wet a rag! I was totally ready.
    Then............nothing! It must have been really bad indigestion.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I decided to challenge myself last night and watched "Skins" (Slightly dodgy late night program, mainly about drunk teenagers" without holding the remote all the time. I was concentrating really hard on just keeping my breathing steady and preparing for someone to v* so I could be brave - ...and none of them were. Hehe.

the other day, i felt awful, i was soooo n* off and on and i thought maybe it was a bug bc the n* was coming in waves... but then i got a much needed night of sleep, and was fine in the am =)

Same thing happened again. Last night I was certain that I was going to be sick. My stomach hurt like it hadn't in years and I was queezy andvery burpy (which is very common for me, but that mixed with the other stuff freaked me out) I worried and worried about it. Finally went to lay down in bed, fell asleep, woke up early this morning feeling nauseaus and am now feeling fine. All of the stress I put myself through and it was once again for no reason. I think this thread will be interesting for me because I will get to see how often I do this to myself! I am suspecting A LOT!

\"This too shall pass\"

This is a good idea.

For my birthday last year my bf had a whole special night planned. We went to dinner at this AMAZING restaurant and I had Wasabi Steak. YUM. Outside was a boat dock. I told him "we can do ANYTHING you want tonight as long as you don't feed me all this food and then take me on a boat." I really didn't want to v* on my bday. Long story short...he rented a Gondola (in Long Beach) and rode around the bay for almost an hour. I was petrified when I saw what he had done but for the life of me, I was not going to miss this opportunity. It was so romantic. But, I was fine! I loved it!