Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I was talking to my sister who had a small case of bulemia for a period of maybe 6 months, but we talked and I urged her to get help and she's recovering and all that.

Anyway I just wanted to mention to the people who think that FORCING themselves to vomit will help them face their fear. My sister says, and she would know, that MAKING yourself vomit and vomiting because you are sick are two totally different feelings. I'm sure that people have said this before, but I know someone who knows the difference very well. I just wanted to mention this to you guys, because I trust my sister and I really trust that she knows what she's talking about.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I suspect that the reason it would be different is because when you MAKE yourself do it, you are IN CONTROL. When you are sick, you are not, and you have no idea what will or will not happen. You have ANTICIPATION, which we all know is worse than the actual event, right?

Just a theory. I believe your sister [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"