Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay so I got this book a little before Christmas and have been reading it since. It's a Stephen King novel called IT. I have read it probably three times before, and it's a GREAT book, even though it's over 1000 pages long.

Anyway, let me explain something. The first few times I read it I was young and prone to skim and skip chapters to get to the good stuff. This time I decided no matter HOW BORING and LONG King's descriptions got I would read the WHOLE thing and NOT SKIM. It's an even more wonderful book when you do that, but I'm starting to have problems.

THe problem is this, I've been having nightmares because of it. (LoL No pun intended) this is the first time that a King book has given me nightmares. I read Pet Sematary last year and I was totally cool (I was reading it for probably the 6th time LoL I like to reread books I know I'm weird) I also read Thinner last year and that also did not give me nightmares.

I'm just wondering, is it normal for something that previously DIDN'T give you nightmares, to start giving them to you? I mean they are stupid nightmares, about clowns (Which I hate anyway but only Stephen King could turn a clown into something that gives me nightmares) but I've never had this problem before! Am I getting weak? Is my brain changing? I don't want scary stuff to scare me....well scratch that, I want scary stuff to scare me, but not to the point where I think there is a clown in my closet. I don't want to stop reading because I'm almost finished with it....anyone have any suggestions?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Of course! His books are creepy!

I LOVE horror, just like you. It's funny you mentioned Pet sematary, because I still say that movie and book are the scariest around (and I have seen all of them). I love a good scare!

Let's just say that it gave my husband a laugh to seea 30 year old womanrunning across our bedroom in the middle of the night in order to get into bed as quick as possible because I had an image of eitherVictor Pascow or the ressurected Gage in my head!

IT is creepy, so don't worry about nightmares. It's par for thecourse when you like horror! It happens.

happyteacher

Thanks Happyteacher, funny story about Pet Sematary, I first saw the movie when I ws 13 and my little sister, who was 8 at the time, watched with us. For like a week afterward she made me check under her bed for Gage. Well Gage never scared me so I would look under her bed. One night I was sick and tired of doing it so I stuck my arm under the bed and pretended to be pulled under by Gage. SHe started screaming and ran out of the room. Needless to say, I actually got in a lot of trouble for scaring my lil sis....LoL We laugh about it now though.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Nah, you're not getting weak or anything. Hell, I've read most of Stephen Kings works and they never gave me nightmares (I've had unusual dreams though). However, just to rock in the same boat you're in...</font> two or three years ago I read this 1000 page novel by Robert R. McCammon; it's a horror story (since that's all I read) and it gave me terrible nightmares. The plot of the story is about the apocolypse - similiar to Stephen Kings 'The Stand</span>' but humanity doesn't get wiped out by a virus, but nuclear warfare. Anyway, long story short to this day I still get those nightmares at least twice a week...</span> and they won't go away. I have no idea why.</font>

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>