Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was a kid in the 80s, and I remember skip its, lep warmers, sesame street, rainbow bright, my pet monster, Big hair, pound puppies, the smurfs, she-ra, he-man, jem and the hollagrams, gremlins...

wasn't being a kid in the 80s a blast? can you all remember other stuff!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Ummm, was School House Rock from the 80s or 70s? Loved that show!
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

stirrup pants, pinning your jeans at the bottom and rolling them up (did anyone else do that??), zoobas.... i don't miss the 80's.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Degrassi, spandex, Carebares, smoggies, sweatpants, jump ropes, hopscotch, reading rainbow, rubber boots, lunchbags, backpacks (when they were all the rage!), scrunchies, side ponytails...lol. oh man.

I just remember not having a care in the world... being a kid and playing outside during spring break, not having to go to work.

I loved Fraggle Rock, Special Delivery, Rainbow Brite... I loved Reading Rainbow and I dearly miss the "good ole days" of Sesame Street. What about Lincoln Logs and the original Brio Train sets... or legos... they're so different now. Gosh I miss those days! I play with the little kids I babysit and their toys are just terrible and the tv shows... the tv shows are even worse!!! Barney is awful and these "Wiggles" guys... PLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE someone bring back the "ElephantShow!"

Lol... I guess I could go on for days!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Cabbage Patch Kids, He-man, jelly shoes, miami vice clothes, tears for fears, hairstyles with the longer braided strand in the back or on the side, Pacman, Mario Brothers, but you know what I love about the 80s? My parents were still in their 30s, my grandparents were still all alive and well and my biggest worry was what to wear to school the next day. For that stuff, the 80s were great.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

OMG!!! THE ELEPHANT SHOW!!!! Candian[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I LOVE watching "I LOVE THE 80'S" on VH1 Anyone else?? I LOVE that show! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Although I was only alive for half of the 80's lol, I still love it!!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I always reminisce about the 80s--probably because I was freer then and not an emet. I love the music too. I'm a sucker for cheesy 80s tunes. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I had Strawberry Shortcake everything--I had almost every doll, plus accessories. My room was pink and decorated in strawberries. I even had a giant plastic toybox in the shape of a strawberry. It was fun to hide in when playing hide and seek!

I also liked CareBears, cabbage patch kids, smurfs, popples, pound puppies, and My little ponies.

YES!! Life was so much simpeler back then..plus we ahd all the cool stuff...my favorite was Gem and the Hollograms..and Raibow Bright! and what about My Little Ponnies?????
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I LOVED My Little Ponies... I'm so glad that they are bringing back a lot of the old characters, or at least here they are... Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, and My Little Ponies are all making a huge comeback in Kentucky I couldn't be happier to see all of them... they bring back such wonderful memories! I personally am SICK of Spongebob!!

I woke up this morning (actually early at 9, I usually sleep til 11 on Fridays), the sun was shining, it's a beautiful day and all I can do is sit here and think about having to go to work in a little while (BLECH). In 1989 I was 7 years old... Though I would have been in school today... I imagine the weekends and summer... I was up by 7 in the morning and out the door to play in the yard, I'd ride my back, play in our secret hideout with my brothers, and eat lunch on our Smurf picnic table and then we'd stay up til it was dark outside catching lightening bugs and playing tag with the neighborhood kids (Thank God for safe neighborhoods). Man those really were "the days." There are a lot of reasons I'd never want to go back to being young (school being the main one), but then again... being 21 is NOT all it's cracked up to be. It certainly comes along with a ton of responsibility.

The worst part is, I don'thardly ever see kids out playing anymore. They all stay inside all day watching tv... it's horrible... and there are quite a few little ones in our neighborhood that I never see outside!

Anyoneelse haveany wonderful memories of childhood summers?

~Rachel

My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Oh yea...boy do I...my dad built me a tree house one year..and me and the boy nextdoor would spend hours playing in and around it.

Mybest (well..exbest) friend would come over all the time..or id go to her house and wed play outside for hours..we loved summer rain storms at her house because we would run up and down her dirt road durring then..shaking the trees so wed get eevn wetter! I miss the days when we were friends

I used to go camping my my gram and gramp..that was great fun..sleeping in their camper..and then waking up early for a morning swim..and then off to the playground to meet up with the other kids at the campground.

I used to do things with my cousin Jesse too...he dies almsot 10 years ago...he drowned in texas.. I miss the times I had with him...we sure did have fun..and I wish I could go back..and tell him how much I loved him..before we lsot him to that river in texas.

I used to have SO much fun durring those summers..back when I was young and the only worries I had were what I was going to do with becky the next day! I was afraid of throwing up back then..but NOTHING like i am now..i could eat enything i wanted and didnt worry...i could go on some fair rides..it was nice.

Part of me would like to go back..because being 20 (almost 21) married..and working full time is rough. there are a lot of responsibilites...and i missed my teen years..I didnt LIVE..because of my phobia nd other anxiety issues..

but then again..if I went back I wouldnt have my husband...or the friends I have now..and Id be back at the dreaded school!!!!!

I miss my younger years *specially those magical summers* but I guess...despite the emet..and all of the responsibilities I have taken on...i really do have a great life and I look forward to the many years I have ahead of me!Edited by: kmarie
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I always loved going camping with my dad. He'd take me and my younger sister on a long trip every summer and we had a blast. Then my mother would take us to Florida every other summer.

I lived in apartments almost my whole life, until I was 20, so there were tons of kids to play with in the neighborhood. We lived right by the elementary school, too, so we'd play on the swings, slide and monkey bars. There were woods behind across the street from our apartment, so we'd go run and play in the woods. (not safe now) and there was also a creek that we'd go swimming in. Life was so simple then. I never worried about eating anything. I never worried about car trips--if my IBS would act up or I'd get carsick.

Being a kid was great. But I wouldn't want to do it all over again either!