Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm up at 11: 15 pm and I don't expect I'll sleep. Geez...unlike the loads of teenagers on this site I'm almost FIFTY...and I won't be able to sleep all night cuz we pick up my new puppy tomorrow. She's a purebred German Shepherd that we ordered from excellent German working bloodlines. It's also German show lines as well.

Here name had to start with "G" cuz the breeders name all the pups within each litter with the same letter of the alphabet. So we're still tossing up between "Guinness" and "Gershwyn". I'm leanin' toward Guinness. It's bubbly! It has a great head! It's fun! (I know...it's not German - lol)

Anyway, I can't wait. We've puppy-proofed the house and got out the crate and the puppy pee pads for our rug near the door (for inevitable accidents - lol).

12 HOURS AND 35 MINUTES TILL THE PUUUUUUUUUUUPPY...!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is so exciting!!!A new member of the family huh?? I would not be able to sleep either!!I agree on the name Guinness though,that seems the better out of the 2 names.Try and get rested Sage,that new lil pup is going to want some of your energy tommorrow!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]*Hugs*

P.S. You don't look close to 50,more like 30ish,but no way 50!! (What's your secret??? :P)Edited by: katykins

How awesome! But, you are in for a lot of work...in case this is your first puppy. But all that work pays off in cuteness. Take care and send pics...

Oh, how exciting. Almost a year ago, we picked up our puppy and I was nervous too. Especially about how the night time would go. The only thing I would suggest (if you are taking suggestions), is get a crate, so your puppy has a place to feel safe at night. The first few nights I just tried to let her sleep where she wanted to, but she was so uncomfortable. Finally, after about 2 weeks I got her a crate, and she still loves going to sleep in there.

CONGRATS!

That is so exciting Sage! Animals add so much to your life. I think that they are totally worth a little extra work and time. And it's so great to have them from the time they are a baby. I have two cats myself but I like dogs too. Have fun!

How is it that I'm just now seeing this post? lol Anyhow, congratulations! I'm sure you're having a wonderful time with your newest member of the family! Can't wait for pics!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin