Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Cilantro, aka coriander.

I love Mexican food and a few weeks ago I posted on here how healthy salsa is. The tomatoes are antioxidants, garlic and lime are good for you and the hot pepper helps ward off some foodbourne bactiera.

After doing a little more research I found the following health benefits for cilantro. The first one is listed is what caught my attention but later on down the list is says it helps n* too.

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...-benefits-of-c oriander-seeds-and-cilantro-leaves.html

Coriander seed and cilantro leaves have many known health benefits and researchers are finding more every day. Here are 13 known benefits:

1. Protects against the Salmonella bacteria

2. Reportedly works as a natural chelation treatment

3. Aids in digestion and helps settle the stomach and prevent flatulence

4. Is an anti-inflammatory that may alleviate symptoms of arthritis

5. Protects against urinary tract infections

6. Prevents nausea

7. Relieves intestinal gas

8. Lowers blood sugar

9. Lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesteraol (HDL)

10. A good source of dietary fiber

11. A good source of iron

12. A good source of magnesium

13. Rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh, thank you!! I have chronic n* and I have tried everything in the world and never heard of that, very cool to know [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

omg this is fabulous news!!!! i LOVE cilantro!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I love coriander, both the seeds and the leaves, especially in Indian food. I never realised it had so many good qualities!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Too bad I HATE coriander I wish I liked it it would allow me to eat a wider variety of food!
    Lauren xx