Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I found this site while googling "emetophobia". I am thinking of purchasing, but I'd like to hear your thoughts first. Has anyone purchased this program/ebook before?

http://www.emetophobia-eraser.com

I'm seriously sick and tired of Emetophobia, and desperation is getting to me, so I've been finding quite a few of these so called "cures" and products on google these past few days.Edited by: emetophobic

I hate that you have to pay for these sorts of things!
    It really angers me!
    It is like you have to pay a price just for wanting to live a normal life!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by party_boi3423
    I hate that you have to pay for these sorts of things!
    It really angers me!
    It is like you have to pay a price just for wanting to live a normal life!
    Seriously!!! And we sure as hell didn't ask for this phobia!!!

It looks really interesting, but I'm always wary about internet programs like this, but that's just me...I clicked on the website and they have a mailing list, maybe that's a good way to start before you invest your money in? That's just me though... I didn't know there were all these books on emetophobia!!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on the whole internet program things. You never know...and they are pretty expensive. I dont know how they can cure emetophobia when they dont know you as a person and what caused it in the first place. alot of us dont even know how it started, and i think thats a big part in recovery!

Don't believe the internet scams they have. Do you know how they claim to 'cure' you? They usually use exposure therapy, FORCING you to confront your fear, and if you don't 'give over it' they say that you weren't cooperating and you don't get your money back. I would NOT trust anything you find saying that they can magically cure you. I would definatly recommend using the internet to find a therapist though... the site that I used to find my really awesome guy is http://www.psychologytoday.com/

I'm very suspect about this "treatment."

Speaking for myself, Emetophobia like most phobias is a symptom of a deeper problem. I've always been afraid of v* but it was never a phobia until anxiety caused by person problems brought it on.

I doubt there is a cookie cutter treatment out there. What may work for me, may not be effective for someone else. Emetophobia isn't the same for everyone. I only fear myself v* not others so exposure therapy would be a waste of time since it doesn't freak me out to see it.

If you treat the emetophobia and not the problem behind it, the emetophobia will come back and usually worse.Finding the cause needs to be one on one with a therapist.

Better to use that money toward a therapist.Edited by: centipede

Friend me on Facebook

Im very leary of having to "buy" a cure. Maybe private message Sage and see what she thinks about it. She'll tell you what she thinks straight up, no beating around the bush. Good luck [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

See my July 8 post.Edited by: sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I agree. I can't imagine something so impersonal can help you. I understand the desperation though.

Well, being my first post, I though that I would go out on a limb and let everyone know that I just bought this program.

Maybe it's a scam, but maybe it's not.

I figure that, just like my fear, if I sit around and don't take any risks I might not feel that bad, but I might not ever feel any better.

Wish me luck everyone!

I responded to the other thread about this - and as I said there - upon looking closely at it, I see it's only a $47 e-book. That's ok. Not the scam I was thinking of, which is some sort of miracle-cure promised with phone therapy for over $1500.
    Let us know how this one works out.

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Please keep us informed. How is it going?

I was feeling the same way. Tired of emetophobia controlling every move you make. So I found the emetophobia eraser program and tried it. It has made it a little better but nowhere near cured my phobia. I'm still using the techniques it showed me because that's all I have to work with for now. If your phobia is severe then I believe all it will do is make it a little better. Good luck

Well, I'm on day 4 now, and so far so good. I don't expect it to cure me overnight, and it does require lots of work on your part, but worth it nonetheless.

One thing I have noticed is how much diet and exercise plays into this whole thing.

I am a sports medicine professional by trade (I do personal training and other such things) and through all of this, the days that my diet it spot on and I get my proper exercise routine in, I am much, MUCH better.

Hey Everyone,
    I'm actually the author of the Emetophobia Eraser program so maybe I can address some concerns.

As a recovered emetophobe, I certainly understand everyone's frustration and skepticism (I look pretty closely at things on the web myself).

I guess I don't fully understand what is meant by "scam"...is it that there's nobody on the other end and you'll loose your money? Or is it that the system won't work for you?

Well, here I am, so you can rest easy about the first one. I also have my email on the site and get back to people pretty quick, so you could always do that too.

As far as whether it will work for you, the truth is, probably, but not for certain.

See, there's nothing "for sure" in life I've found.

If I said "YES, ABSOLUTELY", I'd be a liar, and I'm not.

That's why I have the guarantee I do for the program. You can give it a whirl for a couple months, see if it's for you, and if not, get your money back.

So there's not really a way for it to be a "scam"

I can say that well over 90% of people are happy with the program.

Will you be in that 90%? Probably, by the statistics, but maybe not. Like I said, you can basically try it for free.

I agree with Sage, that CBT is best for emet, and that's what the program is based on. Also some techniques from NLP which I found very helpful in my own recovery.

My program is NOT about forced exposure which I don't think works for emet. Jezebel must have my program confused with something else, because the EE program doesn't even hint at it.

Is my program as good as one on one therapy with a qualified therapist familiar with emet? Who knows. Problem is it took my years to find a QUALIFIED therapist. They'll all say they are, but trust me, most aren't.

I also don't think weekly sessions for months on end with a therapist that could end up costing thousands of dollars is a fair comparison to an under 50 buck program.Go ahead and search around the net, find me someone who's actually USED the program and thought it stinks, I don't think you'll find any, I can't.

So if you know a really good emet expert in your area, give them a try if that's what your comfortable with. If not, or if you've already tried that, you can give the EE program at try too. If you don't like it, what's the harm?

When it's all said and done I'm just someone who used to struggle like you guys are and found a way out. Emet is so powerful it's hard to know some answers and not want to try and share them with others.

Glad you're having success spiral, keep it up!

-Jillian
    www.EmetophobiaEraser.com

Hi Jillian,

Thanks for that. Its very nice to see you on here and be able to talk to you. I guess it will also have put a lot of peoples mind at ease. And with a money back offer if it doesnt work, i cant see how you can go wrong!!!

Congrats on beating the emet, thats fantastic!!

Welcome to the site!!

Ally xxx [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Jillian - sorry I wrote that about your program (I've edited it out now) - I was on "autopilot" and responding to another few internet cure programs that charge thousands of dollars and "guarantee" results, except that they only call you on the phone and tell you to force yourself to vomit, then call them back. Well, I'm exaggerating, but it's pretty close to that.
    The cost of your program is reasonable and thus not a "scam".Edited by: sage

Hey, no problem, I understand people's skepticism and with things online, I've gotten burned myself, which is one of the reasons I started the program.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

-Jillian

jillian, thanks for the info! i really think i'm going to try this out. i was so
    skeptical, but after reading your post, i really want to try the
    emetophobia eraser. it can't hurt!

Sounds great, if you need anything shoot me email.
    -Jillian