Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Preferred method of taking anti-emetic?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chewable tablet

2 12.50%
  • Pill

11 68.75%
  • Liquid

1 6.25%
  • Wristband

0 0%
  • I have never taken anti-emetics.

2 12.50%

I just bought some OTC anti-emetic, Dramamine, for the first time.I've never used any kind of anti- emetic before except for pepto bismol.I heard alot of you mention it, so i thought id buy it. I seen so many brands , and forms of taking them. I have yet to take them because the situation hasent arose luckily. I wanted to know what was everyones preferred method of taking anti-emetics. Which ones do you recommend,not recommend and what are the side effects? Im just scared to take them yet 'cause i'm not sure if i should. Sorry if anyone has asked this before.
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

dramamine=makes me feel weird
    bonine (meclizine)= works great but I get REALLY sleepy about 12 hours after taking it.
    zofran= excellent! I tend to get constipated for a day or two afterward.
    Herbal motion sickness/anxiety pills= they have something called nux vomica in them. They are great, no side effects, but I don't know if they really work. I have never taken them when I'm feeling REALLY bad.

BandNerd (anti-emetics are my best friend)
    BandNerd

I take prescription anti emetics. I take Metoclopramide and Stemetil and I also take Domperidone 3x daily. All of them are pills.

The only available in Lithuania is reglan (tablet). It makes me very sleepy and I feel weird the next day, but it always works.
    You only live once