Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Tonight my mom made fajitas and she was surprised that I said I would eat one.I don't trust meat or rice because of the potential food poisoning and I don't really trust my mom's cooking because she has a tendency to be careless about the cross contamination.

But I thought what the hell.

I'm sick of eating special k bars and coco puffs every single day.

So I ate one fajita and i'm surprisingly not freaking out! I did have stomach pain earlier on today before I ate(I've been getting sharp stomach pains in my upper abdominal area and often feel nauseas in that area every day.

I actually think I might be able to eat regular meals again.I'm trying to just think..If I get sick I get sick.
    It does kinda suck because even though I am dealing with this better, the worry is still in the back of my mind until that time 24 hour time period is over.

But..anyways..I was just so excited about this I had to post lol.

Next goal: A damn cheeseburger!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

woohoo! way to go! that's a huge triumph! did you know that most fp*
    or food-borne illness is caused by norovirus? if you go out to eat and
    get s* after, it's most likely that a cook or server had an sv* and
    contaminated your food (gross, right?). nowadays, most beef and
    poultry and produce are of such a great quality that if you cook it
    yourself, you won't be s* from it. my bf always tries to reassure me
    when we go out to eat by telling me that he's eaten out 1000's of times
    (and he eats EVERYTHING, sushi, black and blue steaks, etc.) and has
    not once gotten fp*. it's very rare, especially nowadays with better
    quality food and stricter health codes. that's what i always tell myself
    (although i think i'll always worry somewhat anyway and i'll never be
    able to completely enjoy myself).

Good for you, nothing to worry about for sure. Thanks for sharing your progress with us. I also think it might be helpful for you if you were to cook some of the meals yourself, that way you know no cross contamination, you'll be comfortable with eating it and you'll even be doing something to help your mom out. Just my 2 bits. I do think Lauren is right, the food supply is pretty safe. If everybody washed their hands after visiting the crapper and stayed home when they had v* or d* we'd almost stamp out FP.

That's great well done. I used to be like that were I would only eat certain food and be afraid of eating something that someone else had made for me and I used to be really underweight which made me quite sick. But I'm getting a lot better now although I still check that the meat looks cooked and I always look at sell by dates and stuff. But you did really well I hope you get to enjoy your cheeseburger.

i understand whats going through your mind, and eventually if you keep this up, your gonna be at a stage where you can eat and not worry about it so much.

oonly thing that frustrates me, is iv been like this for years now, but as soon as i feel sick, it allmost relapses over again

I just wish butchers were safer(rather than being sloppy and letting the feces seep out into the meat which can cause e.coli/salmonella and that people were clean.That's why I don't trust fast food.

I am feeling really sick right now and trying to take my mind off of it.I feel nauseas and I don't know what's going on.Surprisingly, I'm not worrying about the food that we ate (probably because my parents aren't feeling ill) but it sucks!!!!eghghhh.