Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i just need some advice to anyone with kids or without... does this honestly sound like it could be a bug?

TMI
    my daughter is 2 and a half and she was fine all day yesterday but shes a bad eater and she barely ate i went to work and my partner let her fall asleep on the sofa in her jeans! he didnt put her pjs on so i woke her up put them on and tried to make her eat something she ate a few chips then said her belly hurt... she carried on playing.. she had a nappy and it was loose not like water but more sticky... so i paniced so badly i went into the bath to calm myself down and she came up played in the bath laughing as normal she looked ok with no tempreature, i tried to give her stuff to eat but she didnt want it i kept asking her if her belly hurt sometimes she said yea sometimes she said no im only joking!! so i dont know if she was playing me!

she slept all night till about 10am! then got up and i could smell something so i got my dp to change her nappy and again it was the same as last night, i said do you feel ok? she said yea im fine i said does your belly hurt she said NO! then played with her tea set she asked for breakfast ive given her some toast shes had a few bites but shes a bad eater..

if it was a bug my mum said that she would have had the d* close together and it would have been bad she would have also been s* by now? what do you guys think? my stomach feels awful now but i dont know if its panic!

I'm sure she is fine. A bug would make her pretty sick, not just a few loose poops. And she wouldn't just say she was fine to make you feel better. When they are sick with a s*v* you will know.

Yeah I agree w/ your mom and leann, the poops were so far apart and not really even loose. It could be her eating habits that are doing it if shes a picky eater. Or sometimes those things just happen. Just keep an eye on her today and be sure she gets plenty of water and I bet shes just fine!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

shes been eating properly today she went out with us into town and she ate more than usual and run around everywhere just as normal! shes had one more loose poo and thats it do u honestly think its just one of those things?

Hello Abbey,

Really and honestly and truly, that does not sound like a bug to me. Not at all.

~Maddy
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

It's probably just because she's a bad eater.I know a little one the same way.

I think that she wouldn't be playing if she was really sick.When my niece came down with something and v* twice (months before I got this phobia thank god!) she slept the whole time and watched a little tv with her pouty face on.

Hi!

If it was a stomach virus she's been ill for a day or two she would have v* by now. Also keep in mind when not eating properly if you drink lots of liquid and dont eat enough solids your stool can also become very loose!

God only knows how i will be when we have children :s

Also kids are like that one day they eat heaps and heaps and the next they wont touch much, just as long as you keep up fluids to ease temps etc she should be fine!

Hope you're doing ok too!

I know you must be feeling worried about the situation but I must caution you in asking your daughter so often about whether or not her stomach hurts, because you might pass on some of the anxiety and stress you feel about feeling s* or actually v*ing to her. If you make a big deal about her feeling s* then she might ultimately develop these anxieties too, and I'm sure that's the last thing you want for her!

I know that's what happened with my mother, who is also mildly emet, but not as bad as me now [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I know it's difficult, and I hope she's ok and you're feeling better.
    Lauren xx

My daughter went through the same thing around that age and it lasted a week or so. She was cutting teeth. She didn't have any problems with her other teeth, but with these she had loose stools for about a week.

Could your daughter be teething? They get their 2nd molars between 2-3 years...and that can cause loose stools.

http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/baby-teething.htm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...080707121126AA 1LH1LEdited by: laylamommy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.