Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay...I'm afraid right now. I do not know why I'm so afraid. See, today was the first day of school, and for the last little period, I was sitting next to some girl that didn't look well. She was probably just tired, bored, and had a headache, but she was putting her head down and holding her head. Do people usually hold their heads in their hands or put their heads down when they have a stomach virus? I know I'm stupid, but I panic everytime I see someone not looking well. She wasn't holding her stomach and she didn't look like she was going to do it, but I'm just afraid. I am guessing tht maybe she was just bored and tired (A lot of kids do not sleep well before the first day of school). So, do ny of you think that this could be stomach virus she had and do you think that I'll get sick. I only spent a little bit of time sitting next to her (maybe 25 minutes).

Lizzy

There could be several reasons why she was holding her head. Boredom is probably the main reason. When I was in school I would always rest my head in my hands. Don't worry sweets. And even if it was a stomach virus, which I'm almost positive it ISN'T, there is probably not even a small chance that you would get it.Just keep those hands clean and away from your face. Try to relax too. You're going to be okay.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Hmm, probably boredem, but if it was the stomach virus, and I am not saying it is/isn't, then you probably, hopefully, wont' catch it.

Yeah I agree its proly boredom, or just tired from a long first day back at school. Its hard to get back into getting up so early when your used to the freedom of summer break. I mean if she was sick, with a stomach virus, she probably would have been looking pale or rubbing her stomach.

Okay....I'm okay now. I just jump to conclusions too much. Oh well.

We all do. Don't beat yourself up about it. I always become very nervous around people if I think they are looking like they are going to v. I practically walked out of a chemist the other day cause this woman was waiting for her prescription and was holding her stomach and looking really dodgy. I got really fidgety and had to get up and pace up and down in the hope that nothing would happen and that the Pharmacist would hurry along with my prescription. Nothing happened butI almost had a full blown panic attack. Not nice.

I'm the same way. We went camping for Labor Day weekend, and my husband was drinking all day and night. All the girls went inside the camper to play bingo. I know. Sounds kind of dorky, but it was fun. I thought Bryan was outside with my dad and everyone else, but when we were done playing, I was walking to go outside and saw Bryan laying on the bed on his stomach. I'm thinking, here we go. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he had a headache. I just layed down with him, and we ended up falling asleep. He wanted to go back out too, but the night was done. Anyway, I overreacted and then my stomach started bothering me. That's probably why I layed down. So, don't beat yourself up b/c a lot of us do that I'm sure. I always end up drilling people with questions too if I think they are not feeling well. Take Care.

Melanie [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i do the same as you... jst got back to skl myself.. and watching for ppl all the time... as well as this, we have a pregnant sixth former in our common room now.. so im watching for her -- (morning sickness kinda thing!)

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.