Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know it grim, but I really can't belch or burp, and i have never been able to, unless in the awfull process of you know what [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] even the thought of doing it makes me want to you know what [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] also, what turns my stomach is other peoples snot or bogies & when people spit in the street it makes me gag which makes this phobia of mine very very very very delibitating... have ben on this site all evening for the first time... may be on it all my life now...

i hate vienna sausages, ever since 5th grade when this anoying girl was eating it, and i said, "please dont eat that in front of me, I'm going to gag" and then she purposely was like sipping the juice and ws being really gross, then i gaged like i told her i would XD

but yeah i hate vienna sausages...

X)

I can't really burp either. my body also seems to have a problem with v*ing (it just doesn't seem to work right) so I think maybe that's related. it's not that unusual to be unable to burp.

I cant burp either and the only time I do is when i am sick. I try to burp sometims but they are so small I would not even count them. I fart alot instead. do you do that too?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can only burp if I sit upright. If I'm at all relaxed the burp won't come up and it feels more as if something other than air will come up! Eek.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Lol well most people I know probably wish I had this problem I'm famous for my earth-shattering burps [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

Also, if I get trapped wind, the only way to get rid of it is to lay down on my back, which can be embarrasing [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by lozzag
    Lol well most people I know probably wish I had this problem I'm famous for my earth-shattering burps [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    me too!!!! you made me giggle!

I haven't burped in years. The only thing I do is like a little hiccup. It is like a tiny burp I guess. Sometimes my stomach gets big and hard and full of air and all I want to do is burp. But I can't. I just have to wait for it to come out the other end!

This is a problem for me to. My "burps" sound like a frog or a door creaking!! LOL. They sound like they are going in instead of out. Its awful. And I also tend to get n* if I have trapped gas - very very weird.

OMG!!! I thought I was the ONLY one in the world who couldn't burp. If I burp, it is only like once or twice a year and it is because I am TOTALLY relaxed and it is so small that you can't even hear it. In January of this year I worked with a phobia counselor on my emet. She encouraged me to drink a lot of seltzer and relax. No matter how many cans of seltzer I drank and how much I concentrated on it, I couldn't do it!!!! I haven't burped once this entire year. I do this inhale thing and I make a noise, kinda like a hiccup, but it's not a hiccup - it just sounds like one. My husband says that what I'm doing is a burp, but I KNOW it's not. A burp is an exhale, and this is nothing like that. Plus, I DO burp once in a blue moon and I know what that feels like - it's completely different. It always scares me when it happens, too. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

I don't have a problem burping, I just have to sit up and lean to the left!!! lmao yeah but it always helps me!

Quote Originally Posted by lozzag

ditto...one time i was drinking a soda at work, a phone call came through, i picked up and proceeded to belch loud enough for the people on the other side of the office to hear...i turned red, hung up the phone, and took off for the bathroom to finish belching, because i knew i wasn't done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't burp often but one of the guys here at work does it loud and often. It really makes me mad that he is so.... gross.

He will even come into my office and do it -- even though on several occassions I have objected to it by telling him that I don't need to smell his breakfast/lunch - LOL.

He insists I can't but I do and it makes me gag!

I'm glad I'm not unable to or afraid of burping, mine are actually pretty fierce. In what may be related, I read that those people who have had the specific surgery so that they cannot v* also can't burp. I probably have burped with sickness, and sometimes I worry v* may come up but I have so much gas that I burp dozens of times every day and if I couldn't I think I'd be writhing in pain from the gas or just float away as it built up. I think of it as a relief and a likely sign that my problem is gas and not something we all hate.

I can't burp. I sorta hiccup and then the air or whatever comes out but I just
    don't understand how some people can burp so loudly!
    The girl who nobody knows, they only see
    The girl who is only half way pretty and doesn\'t care
    The girl whose following her one true dream, when nobody\'s looking...

Quote Originally Posted by kellygirl
    I don't burp often but one of the guys here at work does it loud and often. It really makes me mad that he is so.... gross.

He will even come into my office and do it -- even though on several occassions I have objected to it by telling him that I don't need to smell his breakfast/lunch - LOL.

He insists I can't but I do and it makes me gag!
    Oh my goodness I HATE it when people do that. A lot of girls my age do it, which isdisgusting. and IMPOLITE
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

I can belch as loud as a team of rugby players or beer-drinkin' truck drivers. ha ha ha

All the women in my family can....my daughter the ballerina and her friend won a belching contest at their school (ballerinas vs. rugby team)LMAO
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.