Quote Originally Posted by angelgirl View Post
I'm not an emetophile but it is true to say that the more recovered I become, the more...fascination I have with it. For example, I will re-read chapters in books. I will read the 'graphic' posts here. Why? I don't know. I still don't like to vomit myself, I still stress about noro but then again, it's 'safe' to read about it, cos I can't catch it.

Is the same true of those who are emetophiles? Is it because it's 'safe' watching videos?
I think you are on the right track. A lot of emetophiles are current or former emets and a lot of us use emetophilia to make us less nervous about vomiting. It's a coping mechanism. It's safe for me to fantasize sexually about a sexy partner throwing up, but I am always very upset by real vomit. For me it is only about fantasies. That's how it is for most emetophiles too. Only a few claim they have really vomited for a sexual turnon and I think most of them are making it up. I feel more relaxed after I have been turning myself on with an emetophile fantasy and my emet is less bothersome then.