Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: are you emetophile

Voters
445. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

69 15.51%
  • no

376 84.49%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: are you emetophile

No thank you. lol. I THINK I might understand why some are... I THINK. But...It's def not for me. I am just way too extremely beyond scared shitless!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, you are too young to know about this stuff. lol

Ok, this is me: When I read the word, my eyes don't go on. I just face the word and imagine the scene, not seeing the vomit, only the weak person. I only tolerate vomit when it's about a bug, if someone throws up because of a weak stomach when they see something gross or because they are drunk, I'm like "YOU MAKE NO SENSE! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS WHEN YOU KNEW YOU'D VOMIT?"
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bellini View Post
    Ok, this is me: When I read the word, my eyes don't go on. I just face the word and imagine the scene, not seeing the vomit, only the weak person. I only tolerate vomit when it's about a bug, if someone throws up because of a weak stomach when they see something gross or because they are drunk, I'm like "YOU MAKE NO SENSE! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS WHEN YOU KNEW YOU'D VOMIT?"
    I agree to some degree. When we were dissecting things in science class in high school, there was this one girl with a really weak stomach and week after week, she'd come into class and try to dissect something, and end up vomiting into the bin (right next to my bench, ugh)... the first time was fine-ish, I was pissed but irrationally pissed haha, the second week, I wondered why she'd come back, but then I was like okay, maybe she just wasn't feeling well last week. So we dissected something else, she vomited. WEEK AFTER WEEK she kept turning up to class. We offered to take notes for her, the teacher excused her from that unit of study and everything, yet she kept coming back. >_< Weird. A little off topic, haha! /rant
    Come visit my history blog:

^ KDJD, I just saw that. I think it's because vomiting is a bigger deal to us than to most people. For that girl, vomiting was like getting sunburned. Unpleasant, but not worth a big deal.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

That class must have meant a lot to her to keep trying to face what bothered her. Maybe she was trying to be stronger than her fear. For what it's worth, I have v*ed from gross things too. The smell of formaldehyde makes me very n and sometimes v. I don't think I ever v*ed in Advanced biology in HS, but I sure felt like it. But I toughed it out because I wanted the information from that class. I actually like biology, just not dissection. Maybe v*ing didn't bother her much. However, it was bothering other people including the teacher and probably the janitor most of all, so when offered a way out, the courteous thing to do would have been to take it.

I do understand why people ride amusement park rides until they v and then ride again and again until they v again. They're having fun. The v part is just funny to them. Going to an amusement park or fair is a special treat usually. It's not something they do everyday, so they want to make the most of it. Not my idea of fun, but not really hurting anyone (except the person who has to clean it up if anyone). As for drunks, they're having a great time until the dizziness and the v comes around, then the follow up hangover the next day. I think to drink to excess until a person v*s every weekend or frequently is a sign they have an alcohol problem and bigger problems than just v.

Oh yeah, Grace! I understand why she did it, so I wasn't being judgemental or anything, it just fascinated me how even though she was so unwell, she kept coming back! Yeah, the cleaner wasn't happy with her, kept insisting that she bring a bucket to science class each week.

Doug, you're totally right.

I didn't think you were. I have to respect someone who wants the information from the class so bad that she keeps going in spite of v*ing. Of course, she could have been pregnant and the smell got to her.

I read some random posts in this thread and wow some of you guys are very rude about it.. I understand that it's a sensitive subject and vomiting does not turn me on in any shape or form, but that doesn't give me the right to call other people sick or gross for being like that. Everyone has turn ons and it's not like you choose them upon becoming sexually active or something, you just disover them! There are probably LOADS of emetophiles out there who are terribly ashamed of it and would never act it out because of sheer embarrassement and it's so insensitive of people to be so rude about it. Especially when it actually is pretty common to be emetophilic and phobic at the same time, since that means there's potential that emetophiles would read it and feel bad about it.
    Shame on you
    Edit: I saw just now that there's a post on the first page pretty much identical to this one, haha.. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by chixy; 08-22-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Hells to the no!

Quote Originally Posted by chixy View Post
    I read some random posts in this thread and wow some of you guys are very rude about it.. I understand that it's a sensitive subject and vomiting does not turn me on in any shape or form, but that doesn't give me the right to call other people sick or gross for being like that. Everyone has turn ons and it's not like you choose them upon becoming sexually active or something, you just disover them! There are probably LOADS of emetophiles out there who are terribly ashamed of it and would never act it out because of sheer embarrassement and it's so insensitive of people to be so rude about it. Especially when it actually is pretty common to be emetophilic and phobic at the same time, since that means there's potential that emetophiles would read it and feel bad about it.
    Shame on you
    Edit: I saw just now that there's a post on the first page pretty much identical to this one, haha.. Sorry about that!
    Amen Chixy. I've said the same thing through this thread a couple of times, but people just keep on insisting on being really rude about it.

How do you like and fear it at the same time?
    I don't intend this to be rude but I'm confused... like, really lost haha

No! I'm not an Emetophile

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    How do you like and fear it at the same time?
    I don't intend this to be rude but I'm confused... like, really lost haha
    I don't know how to describe it well because I'm not an emetophile, and I'm barely even an emetophobe anymore. I believe that it has to do with the fact that both come from something that I believe we called "emetomania", or an obsession with vomit.

Ewwy. It said Emetomania was an obsession or and obsessive urge to vomit :/

I read that it isn't really a thought thing, more of a reaction thing, but I'm still looking.

I'd kind of widen that definition to just a general obsession with vomit for the purposes of this discussion. 'Emeto' - vomit, 'mania' - obsession. Like I said, I don't understand how it works really because I'm not an emetophile, but I believe that's the gist, they both relate to emetomania, I suppose.

I remember once being in the supermarket queue and this woman was heading towards my aisle saying she was going to be sick. It was so terrifying. She threw up inside and I was both horrified and disgusted yet wanted to see where she went. How shameful I didn't ask her if she needed help. I felt sickened for days after- even now thinking about it. In my head I kept thinking how could she not control herself? Even tho I knew she couldn't. I almost felt angry at her. And wondering what had caused it- what was wrong etc etc. Ridiculous!.

​Ewww no way!
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one

So, eh. *chews gum* Anybody proud to be an emetophile, or is that just me? :P

Nooooooo sir, I'm definitely stuck firmly at the far end of terrified on the spectrum! D: Although I can get where they're coming from - it's a kind of morbid fascination. Like I'm terrified of dying, but documentaries on mummies and stuff are SO interesting to me. Like I just need to find the answers to something that nobody can truly comprehend until they experience it themselves. But vomiting for me is just one giant NOPE.
    "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    So, eh. *chews gum* Anybody proud to be an emetophile, or is that just me? :P
    I'm not an emetophile, but I'm proud that you're proud to be an emetophile :P Given some of the less than understanding posts on here, I think it's awesome that you're proud

There are forums for philes. I have been told that by a friend. If you want I can contact the person and try to get the site name again. I have only been there once and never again for me.

Philes are welcome here, but by nature lots of emets may be weirded out by it. There are some philes on this site.

Kick emets a....

Quote Originally Posted by nailbiter View Post
    She threw up inside
    Graphic:Stuff like this is what makes me oddly fascinated with vomiting. Is it possible to throw up inside your mouth without actually opening your mouth?

Wow. I never even considered that could be a possibility. How can emetophobe alse be an emetophile? And how exactly does an emetophiliac feel?

Quote Originally Posted by chixy View Post
    Shame on you

Yeah I completely agree. Its an anxiety thing just like emetophobia. I mean if I'm a crazy person for hating it, I can't judge someone who enjoys it. I accept it.

I look at it in the same way as roller coasters. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I feel a bit sexually excited and very scared at the same time while waiting in line for a huge scary roller coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Clody_Pawnshoper_ View Post
    Graphic:Stuff like this is what makes me oddly fascinated with vomiting. Is it possible to throw up inside your mouth without actually opening your mouth?
    No, Clody. Vomiting means stuff is expelled from your body. I think nailbiter meant she threw up inside the store.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Oh hell no. I didn't even know that existed

No I never heard of it. I am glad there is a place for them. I am sure it's not easy for them.
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

I'm not sure if this post will appear correctly. I am an
    Emetophile, and proud of it! There. Said it!
    Not easy of course to find 'empathy' or indeed
    people of a like mind. I am on this site as I
    fully recognise the issues faced by
    Emetophobes and that you will both understand
    and I hope help me in my journey.
    Thank you all for ur support xx