Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: are you emetophile

Voters
445. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

69 15.51%
  • no

376 84.49%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: are you emetophile

Jen,

As an emetophobe, I'm very disgusted by seeing vomit and the thought of vomiting myself is extremely terrifying. I would not want to be around anyone vomiting where there is a possibility of me catching something or where the vomit could not be easily contained and flushed away.

As an emetophile, I'm aroused not by the vomit itself but by someone attractive vomiting. For an emetophile, vomiting is something rare and beautiful to behold. It's a symphony of body actions. Emetophobia feeds emetophilia. A big part of the reason we're emetophile is that when we were at that formative age, vomiting was something forbidden or dangerous. It aroused powerful emotions in our emetophobe selves just to talk about it or read about it or even think about it. I've seen it said (here?) that 2/3 of emetophiles are emetophobes. The poll on this page shows that between 1/10 and 1/5 of emetophobes are emetophiles.

Emetophiles know that for most of the people we fantasize about vomiting and watch videos of vomiting, that is just a normal everyday act for them. For people who post videos of themselves vomiting on youtube, it is about the same as getting a cut knee is for us. It's no big deal for us to bandage a cut knee in public. But for people with a blood or knee-scrape phobia, doing so would be like vomiting is for us emetophobes.

Emetophobes have more in common with emetophiles than most want to admit. Who here didn't get excited talking about vomiting with other children at that age? Who here doesn't spend an awful lot of time talking about vomiting and thinking about vomiting and writing about vomiting? Emetophiles are just like that, only they use some of the energy they get from it to pleasure themselves rather than to stir anxiety and fear.

Understand it the way emetophiles learned it: Picture someone you think is very, very attractive about to vomit. There is no danger of you catching it or getting any of it on you. What would you do? How would you feel? Would you want to hold their hair back? Would you want to help by getting mouthwash ready? Would you be excited to hear them tell you what it was like afterward? What would they be wearing? Nothing? Would they be grateful to you for being there to help? Don't forget it's just a fantasy. No one is vomiting or experiencing any pain for real.

Something I notice about this poll, different from most, it that people feel a need to emphatically post "NO!" in a reply after voting. I think they protest too much. I think when reading this topic they're seeing their own emetophobe obsessions in the messages by the emetophiles.

Most emetophiles are emetophobes too and we need support just like non-emetophile emets.

Jen; and Bananas, my take is a little different; although I really understand how you both feel.

I get an adrenaline rush when someone is about to be sick in real life. It gives me an overwhelming sense of wanting to give comfort and good feeling to someone in need.

It's an empathetic feeling and I would want to give out good feelings through being close and through touch. Then if I'm already attracted to whoever I'm with; the closeness (more so than the fact they are sick) makes me feel turned on.

This comes directly from my emetophobia. Since vomiting is the worst thing in the world that could happen to me; I feel like others are the same (even though they are not). So anyone else who is suffering from a vomiting attack must be in sheer terror and absolute misery and despair. All I want to see is for them to feel better, and it comes out of me as a desire to be very close. Sometimes it gets so strong that it feels like something more.

Crazy? Probably. But I am the way I am.

Respectfully,
    David

No, David, you're not crazy. I was just confused. It helps a little bit to have explanations from you guys. Everyone is different in their thought-processing and how they feel. For me, I automatically feel sick when someone else gets sick in front of me. I have held hair back for my best friend and rubbed her back after too much to drink. I've also been with my husband while he's been getting sick. I like to comfort anyone in pain or discomfort (whether they've cut their knee, thrown up, or bloodied their nose). I just don't get the same sexual pleasure, I suppose. It always feels nice when you can comfort someone or help them out, but I just don't get aroused by it. I didn't even know emetophilia exsisted until this post. Haha. I wish I was more emetophile than emetophobe...
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wonder how many of us might be emetophiles without realizing it. I know I always run away when I even think I hear someone making a v* noise. Even a funny cough and I get the impluse to bolt and my hands automatically plug my ears. But now on 2 occasions, I've been stuck with my ex boyfriend while he was sick over and over from drinking (we were camping and it was dark so we were kind of stuck) and after a while, I gave up on plugging my ears and kind of listened to it. I wouldn't call it arousal, but certainly I know what David meant about wanting to be close to him and comfort him. I wished I could do anything to help him and really, umm...wanted to snuggle up to him...that is weird I guess. And we had been together for a while, it was getting old, so we weren't really like cuddling up in bed on a regular basis, and on top of that, I was irritated with him before that incident for drinking way too much and keeping me up late so I certainly would have had no desire to sleep near him if it weren't for the incident. Now I still run away and/or plug my ears when it comes up in my day to day life, but maybe if we are forced to be near it (which we usually aren't) we can have a sort of different type of response? Or maybe not, maybe that is just a normal response...wanting to comfort someone I care about who is experiencing my worst fear.

Then again, if he hadn't been drinking, and there was a chance it was sv*, I would have been barefoot and lost in the woods until morning.

NO! I cant even look at a picture of it or a person about to be sick. I dont see how that could be a turn on to anyone!

It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

For me my emetophobia isn't strictly to do with vomit, it's to do with the physical act of vomiting and how it feels to me. I'm a definite control freak and I believe one of the aspects of this is that I don't like the total loss of control that comes from vomiting, I feel helpless and filled with anxious dread if I think I'm going to become ill. When I think I'm going to be sick I want nothing more than to be left alone to pace, cool myself down, talk to myself, and indulge in many of those little quirks that I'm sure many of us do to tackle our phobia. The thought of someone witnessing me vomit is horrific.

Because of this I will admit to being a rather minor emetophile at times. I don't think I could ever indulge in anything like that in real life myself and I'm not sure I'd ever want to, however witnessing someone else vomit makes me want to comfort them and be there for them. When it happens to me I'd never dream of having anyone, including the people I trust most, witness it; this makes me seeing someone else be ill and aiding them through their helplessness a surprisingly intimate moment.

NOt in a million years!
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by amarkham01 View Post
    I would have been barefoot and lost in the woods until morning.
    Now there's an image that can turn me on!

LOL, Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Not at all!!
    I refused to watch Two Girls, One Cup when it was all the "rage" lol

I didn't know you could be both, interesting!
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Well, I could say I am quite literally "obsessed" with vomit, because I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. But everything about the act of vomiting scares me. Hearing the retching, seeing the movements, the seeming fountain of liquid and the sickening splash...it's revolting.

I feel exactly the same as you, Tamandua. I'm obsessed by it, I often can't stop thinking about it, it takes over every thought, because of OCD, but I wouldn't say I'm an emetophile.

NO! NO! and NO!!!!!! LOL....we're all terrified of v* or anything relating to v* lol

but i have heard of this...and listen i'm all for experimenting in the bedroom but this NO! If my boyfriend even hinted at it he'd be outside with his suitcase packed and a one way ticket outa here! LOL

David, by definition, i don't believe you are Emetophile at all.

Emetophiles are aroused by the act, and the substance i believe.

you clearly indicate that your arousal in the whole act is not by what is taking place in vomiting or the substance, but by the oppertunity to comfort and take care of the subject who you are attracted to, once this happens and opens that door to closeness, some kind of emotional intimacy, you become aroused.

its not the v* or the substance or even them commiting the act, i am certain.

the most dreaded phrase for an emetophobe in the english language ...... 2 GIRLS 1 CUP! stimulates running for the hills rather than an orgasm lol
    ...The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step

I've never seen this 2 GIRLS 1 CUP film? Whats it like? Awful? x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

ive read the description and thats all i was willing to do
    ...The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step

Midnight, it's terrifying for even non emets. Don't watch it 0.0

You may find these links helpful!

Yeah, i haven't watched it but i know what it is. DO NOT watch it, at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Dream View Post
    I've never seen this 2 GIRLS 1 CUP film? Whats it like? Awful? x
    It is an emetophobe's worst possible nightmare. It can leave "normal" people shaken up for days.

David

This is a really interesting thread.

I would not consider myself an emetophile, but around the same time I got my phobia of vomiting, I started becoming obsessed with stomach aches - doing things like 'force feeding' my dolls and making up stories.

Now as an adult I have a weird stomach ache fetish, which is REALLY bizarre because I also have a phobia of other people vomiting. The reaches of my weirdness are never ending. The way I see it is that seeing someone not feeling well makes them so vulnerable and makes them rely on you. My boyfriend has IBS and always feels sick, and even though I don't like to see him suffering, being able to take care of him turns me on.

To a darker point that I try never to think about, the actual act of vomiting is weirdly fascinating. The fact that it renders someone completely helpless and I'm so incredibly terrified of it...but puts them in a position of...vulnerability.

I'm an incredibly 'never lose control' person, and I'm so scared to let go in any way, but the idea of being taken care of and someone totally loving and trusting you in a way where fears don't matter is weirdly appealing in my mind.

Realistically though, the second I or anyone else feels sick I start having anxiety attacks and freaking out.

This is also my first post. I'm Stacey, a single parent of three teenagers. I've been single for about nine years. I've been emet since I was about 4.
    Honestly, as petrified as I am of my own self v*g,(its been almost 9 yrs) it is fascinating to watch someone in the throes of v*g. But mostly I try to get away as fast as I can.
    When my kids are sick with *sv, I hand them the bucket and make a fast exit

I IN NO WAY get "aroused" or anything from seeing, hearing, or even knowing about someone V*. How is that even possible?!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Not to offend anyone but Ugh! Are you serious? *insert my shock and horror here*

I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with anyone who gets sexually aroused by any aspect of vomiting. The reason emetophobia is so difficult to treat is because there is NOTHING positive about it. If I was afraid of dogs, I could be encouraged by the fact that many people love dogs, I could have one as a pet, etc. But what on earth "good" can I link to vomit? Nothing. Not even people who aren't scared of doing it find anything enjoyable about it.

And my second Ugh! Are you serious? is.... if you're turned on by vomit, what are you doing on a website full of people who are terrfied of it? And if you're emetophobic, how on earth can you also be an emetophile? That's like someone with a fear of dogs orgasming while they're being mauled to death by one.

Having said that, whatever turns you on. This thread makes me feel a lot less weird. lol So thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by iNurtureTheOdd View Post
    That's like someone with a fear of dogs orgasming while they're being mauled to death by one.
    No, I think it's more like someone with a fear of dogs orgasming while fantasizing about being mauled by one...

I put yes just to be funny. But seriously, no. V* is gross.

The following quote is what i found on a med website so David and amrkham i do not think you have emetophilia

Emetophilia is a paraphilia in which an individual is aroused by vomiting or observing others vomit[1]. When emetophiles put emetophilia into practice by actually vomiting, especially on a partner, it is called a Roman shower, after the commonly-supposed (but mistaken) belief in the frequent induction of vomiting at Roman feasts.
    Some emetophiles find the act of vomiting arousing; for them, the sequence of "spasm, ejaculation, relief" in vomiting is erotically charged. Other emetophiles are aroused by seeing and/or hearing others vomit. Some desire a partner who will vomit on them, while others wish to induce vomiting in a partner, or even force them to vomit. (Wanting to be vomited on may be related to a desire to be dominated, while wanting to make someone else vomit may stem from a desire to dominate the partner - see erotic humiliation.) Of course, most emetophiles have more than one of these desires, in various combinations
    No way on this earth could i ever be that i do get what David and amarkham are saying the comfort and wanting to help someone you care about can make you feel all mmmmm lol I know my husband gets like that when he is comforting me when im having a panic (and it annoys me LOL then ) but he says he feels closer to me when he is helping and comforting me and things pop up LLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    The following quote is what i found on a med website
    That is straight from Wikipedia.

I have never been aroused by it, ever. But there are times I get a little obsessive and force myself to watch videos on youtube of people v* or search pictures on google. I will sit and make myself look at them/study them, even though it terrifies me, I know it will help, so I do it. It sounds strange, but in a way I think it has benefits.

I completely agree, Doug. If it's from Wiki, just say it :P

I'm not an emetophile, but I can understand where (especially) David is coming from. I like being able to comfort people, but not when they're ill.

Same here! I love completely being able to comfort a person when they are sad etc.. but I just cant do it when they are *v. One of the fears I have is raising a child..... x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog