Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: are you emetophile

Voters
445. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

69 15.51%
  • no

376 84.49%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: are you emetophile

No, I sometimes find myself really wanting to look but immediately regretting it and running away but not aroused. This is interesting. I'd like to look more into this. I wonder what emetophile could have been caused by, an early childhood trauma maybe associating something nice and seeing vomit?
    *Everyone is the way they are for a reason, whether nature or nurture. I really liked this post because it kind of showed a different side. Hopefully I will get to other posts if any emetophiles posted their stories i'd be really interested.

Meg: Several ephiles posted their stories in this thread:
    http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?t=10562

The one by jenn2020 is especially detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by bananas View Post
    Doug, tell the truth. Have you ever really seen someone? My thought is that you haven't.
    Yes, many times. I don't know why you think I haven't. I've seen classmates in school, my siblings, cousin, strangers on the street, people at amusement parks. Once I was with a girl who had far too much to drink and took in the whole experience of her unloading.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixoticish View Post
    Bear in mind some emetophobes aren't afraid of vomit, they are afraid of the act of vomiting, and usually only of themselves doing so. It can be a control issue or related to an anxiety disorder, but whatever the reason it's important to remember that not every emeteophobe has exactly the same symptoms or suffers in the same way as you do.
    This is an interesting point. I'm the opposite of this, I'm afraid of other people vomiting so there would never be any kind of interest in someone else vomiting, but I suppose I could have an "interest" I suppose in that. I don't, for the record :P ... but I guess just like emetophobia has the different symptoms, so would emetophilia. Interesting!
    Come visit my history blog:

Nope. Certainly not, quite the opposite in fact!

Quote Originally Posted by stacey74 View Post
    i think for me it's more fantasy than fetish....because if someone were to actually throw up near me, the panic would set in and i would surely be out of there fast.... best i can explain it...
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianreject View Post
    Nope, not at all! The thought of v* makes me feel nauseated, so that would never make me turned on!
    OMG these quotes are me. BOTH me. I feel soooo nauseated for days and days after somebody v*s near me anywhere. Not just nauseated, but it's like my whole soul has been dislodged; I can't think of anything else.

We went out to lunch with my BIL a couple of years ago and he left the restaurant to wait in their car with a migraine, but as we drove off after lunch I caught sight of him v*ing kneeling beside a tree in somebody's front yard. I won't get graphic here, but I saw everything - lots of everything. After, I felt like somebody was literally ripping out my stomach, my hair, my life. I knew it was a migraine, so I wasn't scared of catching anything, but I couldn't think about anything else for at least a couple of weeks. Maybe not constantly, but every few minutes or so it would come back to me.

But I think about it, still, all the time, and yeah, I get turned on. I think, what if it was me? How would that feel, to be so out of control of my own body... like the rape fantasy, I guess; just giving in, surrendering completely.

It's also about comfort and comforting; the huge turn-on of having someone close to me at a dangerous and vulnerable time. Frankly, your mouth is open, and it's a bit like a blow job; sorry if that's an unfortunate connotation, but it doesn't stop there. I think about having the other person's body pressed up behind me, and I also think about being the person pressing up behind.

That is a very intimate thing, PLUS I know this happens to normal people when they v*... they open the bathroom door and let their significant other in to help them. Or their significant other runs in and doesn't shut the door so they come in and pat their back or whatever people do.

To me, this is a yin and yang. I am as terrified as an average emet, I guess, and don't v*, would do almost anything to avoid it happening to me (though I did induce it myself once, which isn't loss of control, because I was in charge). I think about it and worry about it and visualize particles of sv in the air when my kids are sick and cringe. I obsess about whether dh or one of the kids is going to catch whatever's going around.

But I find the phobia and the philia are both "halves" of my personality that complement each other in a weird, and I figure, not unhealthy way...

I've never been aroused by vomit...but when others vomit (not during) I'm fascinated by it and HAVE TO look at the vomit. Idk why, but its fascinating and scary all at the same time.I'm sure when I vomit myself (been 15 years) I will probably study it for a while. but I'm like that with most other complicated things too. I just want to figure it out!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

OH GOD NO! D:
    This is just so disgusting to even think about.

Thumbs down Re: are you emetophile

Quote Originally Posted by bananas View Post
    emetophile means you get aroused by thinking about v*****ing or looking at pictures or maybe even seeing it
    F...cking gross! uhhhhhg! That's horrible...

Friggen eww. However, when a male vomits, I run away, literally. If said male were female, I would try to see, yet there is NOOO connection between my sexual interests and my fear.

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213 View Post
    I've never been aroused by vomit...but when others vomit (not during) I'm fascinated by it and HAVE TO look at the vomit. Idk why, but its fascinating and scary all at the same time.I'm sure when I vomit myself (been 15 years) I will probably study it for a while. but I'm like that with most other complicated things too. I just want to figure it out!
    I know what you mean...its weird cause if I see it somehwere, I do get squeamish and eww this and ewww that...but I look at it...as if to scrutinize it still skeeved by it.....its like a car accident or something, you just can't look away

The problem with me though, I just think about it all day that I saw it and then I'm spaced out and panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213 View Post
    its fascinating and scary all at the same time.I'm sure when I vomit myself (been 15 years) I will
    You are the coolest emet ever for predicting you'll vomit someday! Most of us are too scared to say something like that.

omg i didnt realize what it meant... i thought it meant you had a PHOBIA of vomiting and i was like hmm thats a weird poll yes i do have a phobia... and then i read what it actually means. no. i do not find vomiting sexually arousing. so gross

Quote Originally Posted by Laonfait View Post
    when a male vomits, I run away. When a female vomits, I try to see, yet there is NOOO connection between my sexual interests and my fear.
    Haha, you just contradicted yourself. There is a connection. You want to see a female do it, even though a male disgusts you. I think you are emetophile.

oh god, this is something thats always scared me. please no judgement okay?
    im not emetophile, but i've got something thats connected in a way i guess. i have no clue if its normal because i feel too stupid to talk about it. this is my first time admitting it. i'm only 14, so i guess i don't know if im an emetophile or not since that involves being turned on by v* and since i'm young i haven't really been 'turned on.' but ever since i was little i've felt different around people who are hurt or ill and stuff... oh god this makes me so creepy D: i used to imagine certain kids that i had crushes on when i was little getting sent to the hospital or breaking a leg or something... sometimes even v*ing, and seeing them being vulnerable and emotional in that way just always made me totally fall in love (or as much in love as a little kid can get lol) with them. i feel like SUCH A CREEP. i dont daydream about that kind of stuff anymore because it scares me thinking that i'm weird, but if i see someone on tv that ive had no interest in before, and they get hurt: instant crush on them. im so weird oh my godddddd its not like id actually want to be there if they were v*ing or anything... i'm hoping its just because im more attracted to people who show their feelings and are more emotional i guess, and that side of people almost always shows when they are in pain or ill... but thats just my reasoning. maybe theres some whole other creepy thing behind it, and it makes me so ashamed. please dont think im a weirdo you guys... i wish i wasn't this way.

Katherine, honestly, you're not a creep. Everyone's mind works in different ways. No judgement from me!

Haha this is so weird but I AM. I think it's extremely attractive when a guy v*. The reason is because since I am sooooo afraid of it, they are opposite and they are not scared so it's an extreme attractive thing. I feel more comfortable around people who v* alot because it makes me feel like if I did, they wouldn't think I was goss or something and they would be nurturing. Weird huh?!
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Thank you KaydeeJade... i just feel so weird and creepy since ive never met anyone else the same way. thanks for not judging it really means a lot.

We're all emets, regardless of what other quirks we have. We should stick together and offer support and advice no matter what

(Laonfait) Bananas. No, not at all, I'm just not afraid when a female vomits. I don't know why I tend to observe but there is no connection with my sexual interests.

OMG, I read about this yesterday, I accidentaly found about this and it's awful.
    I can't imagine anyone is emetophile.

obviously by the poll results, there are 52 emetophiles on this site alone.

This is fascinating. I don't consider myself to be an emetophile because it doesn't turn me on sexually at ALL. I'm also slightly different in my phobia in that I'm not afraid of myself getting sick, only other people, especially those close to me. However, I can relate to those above who are "fascinated" with it in terms of rereading book passages, parts in movies, etc. I don't know why. Maybe because it's something that frightens me so much in real life, but in books/movies/etc. it's not happening in front of me so the fear is lessened and becomes more of a fascination?

certainly not me.... I'm terrified of it!! if I hear the words "tummy ache" no matter what the cause, I'm hiding like a scared little kid. Interesting thought for sure though, never really considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGabby View Post
    This is fascinating. I don't consider myself to be an emetophile because it doesn't turn me on sexually at ALL. I'm also slightly different in my phobia in that I'm not afraid of myself getting sick, only other people, especially those close to me. However, I can relate to those above who are "fascinated" with it in terms of rereading book passages, parts in movies, etc. I don't know why. Maybe because it's something that frightens me so much in real life, but in books/movies/etc. it's not happening in front of me so the fear is lessened and becomes more of a fascination?

I'm with you on this one. My phobia is also not of myself being sick, only others, and I relate to everything you said.

I don't think there needs to be another choice. The question in this poll is about emetophilia. If you asked a separate question, "Are you obsessed with vomiting?" then all of us on IES would answer yes. If you asked, "Are you unusually curious about vomiting," then I think most of us on IES would answer yes. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

What kind of a question is that LOL NOOO!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

I dont think that this kind of feeling is strange. Im am NOT one, but I am curious when other people v*. I want to know details, and often imagine what it was like. Its almost like people who find pain arousing. No one likes to feel pain, but some people find it arousing. 50 shades anyone?! Same kinda thing.

S**T ... I didnt mean to press yes
    No way would i like that , i would pass out there and then ...

Quote Originally Posted by moodyspasmodic View Post
    Though I'm NOT an emetophile, I'm actually pretty offended at the way
    some people reacted to this.

No one here has any right to call anyone else disgusting or weird. We're
    pretty weird ourselves. Everyone has their problems and we are here to
    support. I think "philia" actually is strongly related to "phobia" whether
    we like to admit it or not. Since I was little I have had a "fascination"
    with v*, I must look even though it scares me.

No wonder the emetophiles (a few of which I've seen around here) are
    not commenting about it - they don't want to face judgment.
    LOL, cmon now Moody, what kind of response do you expect to get from a group of emetophobiacs? It is our biggest fear, so of course we are going to be repulsed by the thought of it turning people on. If I dated a guy who was afraid of heights, and he got repulsed that I wanted to have sex on a ferris wheel, I wouldn't take that as an offense to myself, I would see it as his fear causing the idea to be repulsive to him. I also did not see any comments where they were calling those who did get turned on by it repulsive, they said the ACT was repulsive.

Why am I not suprise though? In this day and age, no matter what, someone is always offended ...