Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: school

I decided that i don't really like school anymore. These two experiences have happened within the last week. I was in my english class and i looked to my left and this girl was having a major asthma attack and i got nervous. i stood up and just walked around to settle my nerves but it didn't help because she stood up and ran out yelling that she had to get to the bathroom quick. so i started crying and shaking and freaking out of course. mind you, i'm in english class.. so people start wondering what the heck i'm doing.. i kinda shout out taht i'm emetophobic and go on freaking out. "what's that!" of course.. but i didn't have to explain it because my friend mindy knew about it so she just said she can't handle P***. so this stupid jerk turns to me, who is still crying and shaking, and says "like this?" and shuvs his finger down his throat! he didn't V* but he started gagging. i don't think i have ever felt that horribly treated by someone before. as if i wasn't freaking out bad enough, i got worse and i couldn't handle it so i grabbed my keys and had every intention of never coming back to that class. but my teacher stopped me and calmed me down. i had to go to the bathroom and wash my face from the black mascara and stay out in the hall for a while but i came back and that kid felt so bad!!

The second experience happened a couple days ago while i was on a school bus trip. i was kinda nervous just because i was on a bus with 30 kids for 4 hours... someone is bound to get sick. so i kinda explained a little to the kids just so they could be cautious. later in the hotel room some of my girlfriends were asking me about it and decided to show me that they can't make themselves V*. She again shuvved her finger down her throat.. I almost started crying and i was shaking and yelling pretty bad. she felt bad after and didn't realize how serious it was until that. the whole rest of the trip she tried as hard as she could to keep me away from anyone that felt sick at all.

Just some venting... sorry if that was boring... but it's not very often i have two or three panic attacks to that degree in one week.... odd.
    The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Oh no! That sounds horrible! I'm sorry you had to go through that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

blimey... iv never had to go thru sumthing that bad relating to v* why are so human beings just so insensitive??

im not surprised u dont lke school after those experiences

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Awww hun I am sorry that you had to go through that. Don't let it make you stop schooling though. Just think that you have introduced a bunch of people to a condition they didn't understand or even know about. It will make then more nurturing to your condition now that they know how bad and real your situation is. It also made you a stronger person for dealing with it.

I think the girl that had to go to the bathroom with the asthma wasn't ill. I have asthma and I get embarraced when I get it. I would hide in the bathroom so people didn't know when I was younger because i was embarraced. i would get a drink and splahsh water on my face and use my inhaler.

I am sorry that you had to deal with the people that didn't get it at first but they have learned I hope.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Melikasa

Awww hun I am sorry that you had to go through that. Don't let it make you stop schooling though. Just think that you have introduced a bunch of people to a condition they didn't understand or even know about. It will make then more nurturing to your condition now that they know how bad and real your situation is. It also made you a stronger person for dealing with it.

I think the girl that had to go to the bathroom with the asthma wasn't ill. I have asthma and I get embarraced when I get it. I would hide in the bathroom so people didn't know when I was younger because i was embarraced. i would get a drink and splahsh water on my face and use my inhaler.

I am sorry that you had to deal with the people that didn't get it at first but they have learned I hope.

WOW!!!!! I was going to say just what Melikasa said, but she took the words right out of my mouth!!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Great minds think alike, huh Melikasa? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]I just wanted to add that I have asthma as well, and it never made me v*****. She was probably just using her inhaler or catching her breath, or like Melikasa said, splashing some cold water on her face!!

Also, I am SOOOO sorry about that jerk in your class!!! WHAT AN @$$HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]That just makes me SOOOO mad to hear how mean, insensitive, and ingnorant other people can be!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]I can kind of relate to your experience. When I was in fifth grade or so, it somehow leaked out that I was terrified of v******, and I said I'd rather die than v****, then some stupid@$$ boys stuck their fingers down their throats and made gagging noises, trying to scare me, which worked!!! UGH!!!

I'm sorry Ellie!! I know how you feel and what you are going through!! Some people can be real jerks!!!

**HUGS**
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

heheh yeah great minds think alike [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Someone did that to me when I was like in grade 4 or 5 as well. I had tried to forget about it. She use the end of her braid to do it instead of her finger. Ugghhhh gives me the shudders just to remember it. She kept trying to make me do it too. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I know how you all feel - I was bullied at primary school (about aged 6-7) by a girl who could make herself v**** at will, and regularly did it in front of me because she knew it terrified me. I can't believe humans can be so cruel to eachother. Just hang onto the fact that MOST people become more sensible and sensitive as they get older - I'm also terrified of balloons (no laughing!) and one of my friends teased me with one, despite my boyfriends's warnings, until he triggered a panic attack and I ran away (had to climb over my boyfriend - we were all sitting in a circle in a pub!). Anyway, the friend with the balloon burst the thing while I was out of the room and felt REALLY bad - he just hadn't realised that a fear can be that real as he is not phobic at all. People become more sensitive as they get older and learn from us phobics.

Jill xxx[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

im scared of balloons 2 and i think i kno other emets who are too...i can cope wiv the fear of bangs becuz it doesnt happen often and when it does its quick...i hate fireworks tho grrrrr evil things

Jill --- that sounds absolutely horrible!!!!!!

man-kind are SUCH a disappointment i tell you!! apart frm us all here

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Jill,

That DOES sound awful!!! YIKES!!!People can be so cruel and insensitive sometimes!!!

I am also afraid of balloons, only I'm afraid of them popping!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I can't STAND the sound!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I fear loud noises such as fireworks, cannons or explosions, and balloon popping, etc. And I remember being taunted as a kid for my fear ofballoons poppingtoo. It was awful!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I would always be the kid in the corner of a birthday party, plugging her ears, hoping nobody would pop a balloon. The sound STILL drives me ballistic!!!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

To add to that, I also couldn't stand the sight of someone flipping their eyelids inside out...[img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]MAJORLY GROSS....and the boys in elementary schoolwould always go: "Neha!! Look!!" andI would look and theywould havetheir eyelids flipped inside out....I HATED that!! Then they would say when I looked away: "I don't have my eyelids flipped, so you can look now!" Guess who was the fool??? Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Although it does sound like a terrible experience, at least you can be comforted by the fact that people will be more sensitive around you! Even so, it can get pretty annoying every time a friend mentions v**** and then immediately apologizes or waits for you to flip out or something. You might want to let your friends know that even though you're glad for their support, they don't need to mother you all the time. It is so helpful to have someone to talk to, but they don't need to be reminding you and others around you about your phobia. Good luck! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I really can cope with school but dont give up. I did and am only in for 2 hours a day which is having a big affect on my education. There isnt much you can do about these people. Its awful that people get pleasure out of making us scared. I hope things start to get better. Maybe you could talk to your friends about it, i'm sure they'd understand if you told them how serious it was

To be honest, who said your school days are the best of your life were talking a load of rubbish. I've never really enjoyed school and if these are the best days of my life, they are pretty damn rubbish. I enjoy the fact that I have friends, but my emetophobia is ruining my school days. I can't enjoy school trips in fear that someone will be travel-sick. I used to skip lessons because i thought someone was being sick. To be very honest, and not meaning to be harsh on my friends, they sometimes make my emetophobia worse. there is one boy in my class who thinks im his friends, but in my opinion is a complete pillock lol and he is one thing that makes my emetophobia worse. My reason for this is when he was round my house once, he started fake gagging and (can you believe it?!?!) spat on my carpet!!! I just looked at him afterwards and said "You wern't going to be sick at all were you?" (By the way, my friend kinda knows im emetophobic.) He shook his head, looking guilty. I just stared at him in disgust, got the cleaning equipment out and shoved it at him. "Clean it and then get out!" I said to him. I really don't think I have ever been that angry with someone before. He was taking the mick out of me and making me look like an idiot. So, I agree, people are so out of order when it comes to personal issues.
    ISAIAH 41:10

I think also. School age people cant really understand about emet. My friends certainlydont and noe do any of the other students in my school if I suddenly freek out. I guess we just have to put up with it and wait till we are free!!!!

omg i cant agree MORE. school is the worst. i hate it! ppl V- all the time. i was walking dow n the hallway to P.E. and theis girl V-ed in the drinking fountain. i dont drink water at school or from tap at home since we are always getting boiling orders. anyway, now i like hate that girl. i cant stand to look at her and whenever someone talks about her im like "u mean that fat puking pig?" oh i know its ot her fault but still. i also had an experience where i was sitting in front of the trash cana nd this chick came up and she spit the red liquid form her mouth into the trashcan i ran out and went to my L.A. room ( i was in choir b4) and i asked mrs. rheinheimer if i could use the phone to talk to my dad or mom and she said yes so i called and i started bawling and skaing and yelling and everyone was like " hats wrong are u ok?" i stayed in the library for 9th period and then went to study hall and emily friesen told me the girl just lost a tooth. i felt sooo embarrased. then carson started making gagging noises and drew a pi of someone V-ing and showed me it. i ripped it out of his hands and tore it up. it was his math homework! he had to tstart all over again. then on friday in media melissa said she dint feel good and i sked if she was gonnaV- she said no i told her i hate it when ppl do so she said yes she was then proceeded to tell me what it was gonna look like. i got mad and started shaking and some others were defending me and theat as nice of them but now i dont like meissa shs mean.
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

too much rambling not enough puntuation i know srry

ppl are soo mean

I enjoyed school but I know I didn't get all that I could have out of it because I didn't want to go on school trips and I didnt want to join anything that involved me traveling with a lot of people.

I do think that people can be cruel at least younger ones. It wouldn't just be emet that they joke about. I know that some people will go out of their way to to do something they know bothers someone. Someone afraid of blood or bugs or whatever they can do. Usually people that have low self esteem themselves will do something like that to make themselves feel better. Other people of course I think just don't understand and will make ie fake gagging noises to be funny. Thinking that you are just "grossed out" not truely understanding that you are "afraid"

Anyways I hope that it improves for you and try and enjoy what you can.

isnt my new avatar HOTTTTTT???

I've always hated school, well since year 2 or3. I think this was when my phobia was getting worse. I went to a private jounior school and everyone theree was nasty! The teachers were stirct and worked us really ahrd and all the other girs in my class were posh stuck up people!! I was only going to go to that school for a year before we had to move to york with my dads office but it fell through so I was stuck at the private naty school!!!my school now is still strict and nasty!!! Its a catholic girls school! I went there cause its an arts collage and I got a scholarship. Its also very stiruct which makes me even more scared cause i'l get really badly ppunished if I un out of the room or skip classes! I've done this and it was ok casue I didnt get caught!!! andyway moan moan moan!!!!II cant wait to go to collage!!!

what art do u do? its sounds nasty ut at least u are developing ur skill!

I know what you guys mean about school. Middle school is awful, and for me high school was kind of bad until senior year, and even then it wasn't great. I found college to be incredibly fun, and I was worried when I graduated that getting my first job would be scary and awful, but it's been the best time so far. School definitely sucks. I probably shouldn't say that though, because I'm a teacher. It's just not all that fun for the students! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

jacksparrowsemet - we get extra money from the government to teach arts subjects and can buy more equipment. The subjects are music, drama, dance and art. So we have like loads of instruments for music and a arecording studio, drama we have a proper blacked out studio with lighs and a lighting booths type thing, dance we have a dance hall with a springy floor and art I guess we just have alot more paint!

Also we have to take at least 1 arts subject for our GCSE exams with are from years 10 - 11 (9th - 10th grade in america) urm... I hope that has explained it!

Middle School and Elementary (5th grade)were the worst for me. I won't get into that though....[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!