Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: We can do it :)

Just recently, well okay it wasn't this month or anything- it was in February (but I only just joined IES)
    I had to deal with something I know all us emetophobes fear.
    I take the school bus every morning and afternoon, and this one morning (Friday 13th. I'm not supersticious but...) and there was this one little girl. I KNEW she was unwell, she was sweaty, pasty and looked very uncomforatble, and as per usual (well most of the time) with my little "sixth sense"- I was right.
    Just as we got to school she leaned over into the aisle (she was on the other side and further forwards than me so I had a 'nice' view) and did the deed.
    Alas at the time I nearly passed out, and I thought I had it together by class time, but I ended up crying, feeling unwell and wanting to go home. But as circumstance had it, I couldn't.
    And you know what? Here I am. It was awful while it happened, but I'd like to hope that in the face of the event again, I could pull through once more.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, but after this (as in the same day it happened) I didn't even feel relieved, I just felt incredibly drained- and I don't know if my effort was ever properly acknowledged. Maybe not even by me
    And I'd like to let people know that it's important to aknowledge the small achievements as well as the big, because otherwise it can feel like you aren't making any progress.
    So to anyone who wants to send a private message or anything, please feel free to do so- because I know how good it feels, and how important it is to have your efforts acknowledged and appreciated.

Alex
    xo.

Good for you for getting through it! The little milestones are just as helpful as the larger ones. I had an experience like that at sailing camp where a girl was motion sick. I freaked and to this day I refuse to go back there, but that's not entirely for the reason above. I was terrified but I got through it. I think all of us have had moments like that, but they get pushed aside when we are in deep with fear. We can't remember how we've coped because all we think about is what-if.