Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Baby Talk....

Hello everyone!!

Well I was married last week! We are already on the subject of having a baby....but when I think "baby" all my brain hears is "morning sickness". It terrifies me that I could feel sick everyday for months!

Can you please give me some advice or tips, or anything that will help with these thoughts...and something that will help me through it when I do get pregnant. We both want children badly and I do not want this phobia to ruin the experience for both of us.

Thank you [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~Domenica~

Faith...Hope...Love

having a baby was the most wonderful thing i ever did. i had some mild n* but never once v* from it. i just made sure i always had something in my stomach and stayed away from anything that had a strong odor.

my daughter just turned 1 and she's the most amazing person in my entire life. don't let this phobia hold you back! she wasn't planned but once i knew she was there i knew i'd be able to go through with it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Domenica,
    Well, you had a wonderful wedding, got through it, (the photo is beautiful) and didn't let the fear win. So now you will NOT let it win when it comes to having a family. I was just as scared as you. I now have 2, ages 11 and 7, and it is the best thing you will ever do. Everyone is different when it comes to morning sickness...my mom felt great with all 3 kids. I definitely felt n* but had anti-emetics and made it through. It is not easy, but it does go away and you feel better, and you have a wonderful gift after!

When you decide to get pregnant, always discuss with your doc ALLL your fears...He can help you. And ask about morning sickness and what he recommends, etc. THere are lots of things and meds that help and are safe. Take it slow, enjoy your "newlywedhood" and we can always talk again when you need more help.

Thank you for your responses! It is so much appreciated! All of my
    friends have children...but none could ever understand my anxiety
    about pregnancy...so it is soo refreshing to have people here to go
    to with my questions!

What about prenatals? I've been reading a lot about it and have
    noticed that a lot of woman get sick from those vitamins. So....now
    I'm worried about that on top of morning sickness.

The emeto "cycle" never ends.

~Domenica~

Faith...Hope...Love

Typically, the reason women feel crappy on the prenatals is due to the iron. There is one called Duet that has a type of iron that doesn't upset your GI so much. I didn't feel sick on it..but if I took iron I would..If you tolerate iron okay..you should be fine. Also, if you can handle birth control pills you will most likely handle pregnancy just fine. It is a diff sort of sick with pregnancy too...It sucks but its all for a "reason". The fact that you feel ill is a sign of a healthy pregnancy which helped me deal with it better. I took Zofran when I felt nauseated and it helped me quite a bit but I cannot handle birth control pills...they make me feel HORRIBLE nauseated (dry heaving even). And the fact that when on B/C there is no baby to show for some nausea..is just not acceptable to me!! The emeto cycle sucks big time...but babies are worth it and there are things to help. Congrats on your nuptials :-)

What you say about the B/C gives me hope! I am on birth control right now...but its "LO". I feel fine when taking it. And I have taken iron before for anemia, I was fine with that also. So what you said makes me feel tons better!

Why is feeling ill a sign of a good pregnancy? I have read that a few times on here but have never heard that before.

Thank you for all the info! I really appreciate it.
    ~Domenica~

Faith...Hope...Love

Feeling ill is supposedly good because that means your body is producing all the new and plentiful hormones during preganacy...and it's all of that which makes you feel ill.

Also, I had trouble with Rx prenatals...the smell was horrible. So I just took an OTC generic type and my doc said that was fine.

i took two Flintstones chewable vitamins a day. my OB said it was fine because it has the same amount of vitamins and stuff in it as one prenatal pill. plus, it was much tastier and didn't upset my stomach at all! i took one in the morning and one after dinner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FLINTSTONES!! I remember those as a kid & I loved them! I would love to be able to take those. I have a family planning appointment with my physician today...I am going to bring that up to him. I want to start taking the vitamins even before I am prego...so maybe I can just start taking those now. It would be so much more fun that way! LOL
    ~Domenica~

Faith...Hope...Love

Are you thinking of starting right away? Exciting!

We want to start right away...all I have to do is give up the B/C. But Im soo scared! LOL. But all the advice is giving me some confidence.
    ~Domenica~

Faith...Hope...Love

I understand your fears. I recently found out that I am pregnant and let
    me tell you with being emet it has not been easy. I am terrifed everyday
    that I will get morning sickness. I have posted about it recently. Everyone
    who has responded to my posts have been very helpful and have given
    me good advice. I do not know what I would do without this site. But
    everyday for me is a struggle because my emet is so bad. I just have to
    keep telling myself it will all be worth of in the end. Congrats on your
    marriage and good luck with starting a family.

This site:http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/ has a product section with remedies for MS.

oh yeah, DON'T look at the "share your experience" section if you get freaked out easily.

I've been pregnant 3 times and never experienced morning sickness. It certainly isn't inevitable, and if you do have it there is a med, Zofran ODT, that dissolves on your tongue. The OB/GYNs I used to work for were fine with prescribing that for morning sickness.

Good luck! The minute you hold that little baby all of the unpleasant stuff you put up with during pregnancy fades away.
    Elizabeth