Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Arrh well done, on the car journey, also, I spy some spamming taking place on our fair site....
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

I think it funny they have a whole line of china and fixing society but all the links are to power leveling in popular video games.

Thanks for the congrats I also haven't had any of my lovely tea here, but mostly cuz I've been too tired to make it! Today it's an amusement park (which isn't a big deal, being in public and new areas doesn't bother me, neither does consuming food I didn't make) and I can't waaaiiit!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Back from vacation! I definitely had some rough patches, but I had a blast!!

We went to a local amusement park on Friday night, and Kris got a migraine towards the end. He v* with migraines, especially when they get bad. So we left right away and my name wasn't on the rental car as a secondary driver, so he had to drive. I was shaking the whole time, trying to comfort him and myself and try to not let him show how freaked out I was. He ended up being fine but I was sooo nervous! I felt bad because I knew if he was s* it wasn't his fault and I really wanted him to feel better.

Rough patch two, we went to Boston to see Blue Man Group on Saturday night (AMAZING SHOW!!!! I'll be posting a blurb about it in the general forums). We rode on the T (which is the local Subway) and were squished in with a ton of people heading to and from a Red Sox game (which is a big deal in Boston). I did fine, aside from my Vertigo kicking in at the end. Not a bit of N* though and I was nothing more than slightly uncomfy for the ride Being in public or cities has never really bothered me, nor has eating out. At dinner I barely touched my meal, just since I wasn't hungry. Kris mentioned how I hadn't really been eating recently. He's right, I went from scarfing down 3 big meals a day to having one, maybe two. This is something I feel I should be keeping an eye on. I think it's linked to me being emet, but that feels like a step backwards, not forwards!!

And rough patch 3. We stayed at my parent's house for the week, and as my family doesn't approve of unmarried couples sharing a bed, we had separate rooms. It was good and bad, both for obvious reasons. I discovered that if I fall asleep with a light on (Even if it's dim) I sleep better. Well, we drove to and from my family's house. Being a 14 hour drive, we stop for a hotel each way. Last night's hotel experience was a bit tricky. I stayed in bed the whole time, but I fell asleep with the lights out. Lo and Behold, boyfriend's snoring greeted me when I awoke! But I stayed in bed and didn't panic, didn't get n*. I even fell back asleep next to him without getting up. WITH HIM FACING ME! So, I think I'm doing better in that aspect. We'll see how it is tonight back in our own bed with no lights.

So, on a side note... does anybody know any good night lights or dim lamps I can have on my side of the bed to give me some light without bothering Kris? He's nice and lets me have a light on but he can't fall asleep until it's off and I hate to bother him. Especially if he has to work early in the morning!

Ah, and another sidey side note. We slept in the same room one night when we visited my grandparent's cottage in Maine. (both in the living room, one to a couch lol) He snored, but just barely. Nothing like the wet creepy snores that come from here in Ohio. Allergies I think? Claritin isn't helping him, any other ideas?

Whew, sorry for the long post guys. I had a week to catch up on!

What about some novelty/Christmas lights, little dim bulbs that don't create a BRIGHT atmosphere, but provide a bit of illumination-- and at the same time, will remind him of warm fuzzy holidays, lol.

His allergies must be killing him, at home! :-( You were using that scented thingee for a while, have you washed the sheets and whatnot since getting rid of it? You could also try getting him a hypoallergenic pillow, and/or switching detergents.

Yay for you surviving and enjoying the vacation! :-D I hate riding public transportation, and especially ones like the T. They're so tightly-packed and FILTHY! Migraines terrify me as well, my mother used to get them fairly frequently and ALWAYS ended up v*ing. She didn't usually make a mess with it, but the terror was still there for me. The Blue Man Group though, whee!! :-D That's so cool. And Boston! I didn't realize you were so close-- I work about 1 hour away from Boston, in Sturbridge MA. :-)
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Oh neato! Yeah, I grew up in Litchfield, NH (Near Manchester/Nashua), and I have family in Billerica, MA. This was my "I Miss My Mommy" vacation :P

We swapped to a hypoallergenic detergent already, and we just bought expensive comfy pillows (we only paids 20 each, but they're the 50 dollar memory foam ones that are ergonomic and stuff.)

The snoring was there before the air freshener was, even though we don't use it anymore I don't think that's the problem. It's not in the sheets anymore but it could be in the actual pillows perhaps... and maybe the comforter? It's too big to get in the wash

Hehe, that's so cute. Too bad mommy doesn't allow you to sleep together in her house, though. That's so old-fashioned. My GRANDMOTHER didn't question for a second when my (then long-distance boyfriend, now husband) came to stay for a few weeks and slept in the same bed. (Actually, they came home early from work one night, and he was naked in the bathroom covered in chocolate syrup.... but that's another story. lol!)

Hm, if you've already done all that it should have helped! Has he had an allergen test to find out what he's actually reacting too? That could help. You could also try having him take a Vitamin C tablet right before bed, as it's a natural decongestant and might help "clear him out".

Hmm there is an idea. It's weird, he's completely willing to do anything to help me be more comfortable, but I feel bad imposing these things on him! He got the Snore Eeze strips, and the anti-snore spray, and that helped for a night. He drinks a lot of water at night so those are pretty much useless.

Vitamin C tablets though, I can try that. Try suggesting that anyhow.

And yup, my family was church every Sunday, the whole nine yards. I figure if I expect them to respect the fact that we're living together, I can respect the fact that they don't want us sharing a bed when my 13 year old sister is in their house.

It's so sweet he's good about these things. You've got a keeper! <3

I always wondered what parents think that changes. I understand the "my house, my rules" thing, but still. *shrug*

Yeah I hear ya.

Last night I felt wicked gross, took me over two hours to fall asleep WITH a light on and a cold rag on my head to help with the n*. I was fine though, just scared and had to keep using relaxing breathing to stay calm. I woke up a lot though too. Darling Boyfriend rolled over mid night and snuggled me to make me feel better, then fell asleep with icky snoring in my ear. So I kinda politely asked him to give me a little more room by rolling over. It's weird, it doesn't freak me out as much if he isn't facing me. ANYHOW, I woke up wide awake (Good thing I started trying to sleep early!) and my tummy is still a little sore. Not sure if I'm hungry or not, or if I should eat. I probably should since my eating habits haven't been too great recently, but I still don't know.

It's awesome that you're able to calm YOURSELF when things like that hit-- you're going to feel nauseous occasionally, and you've learned to control the panic that goes along with it. And that's AMAZING for an emet. You're doing so so so well.

You know you should be eating though-- your stomach is only going to feel worse if it's gnawing itself inside out, so have some toast or a banana, and go from there. :-) If you are having a hard time making yourself eat, sometimes you can "trick" yourself into consuming more calories by drinking them; make a decadent smoothie with yogurt and fruit and protein powder, etc. Keep it in a cold travel-cup thing during the day and sip at it. :-)

Good ideas. I've been forcing myself to eat. I'm glad he brought it up, since I hadn't even noticed!

As far as controlling my panic, yeah it's a great thing, but I feel like since I got that down I've been N* every night again! And then I found out this morning that Kris's Dad (we live with him) had a bug the whole week we were gone! He didn't v* but he felt very very n* and weak. I started worrying since I've been feeling week and sleepy too, but I figure it's because of my lovely recent eating habits.

AND I BOUGHT A NIGHT LIGHT!!! Lets see how it works I don't work tomorrow, so if it's a rough night that's ok, I can fight through it with all I can give, even if it means laying awake in bed all night. I can sleep the day away

Yay for being able to catch up on sleep on days off! I do the same thing. Hopefully you won't need to, but if you do, no big deal. Tomorrow is another day! :-)

ARRRRGH@dad having a bug!! I think you're fine (despite being malnourished :-P) but still, I KNOW how that can prey on your mind!

Good luck with the nightlight!

AH it worked!! I slept through the night :P ALL NIGHT!
    Also watched TORCHWOOD: Children of the Earth last night. It's amazing.

Woohoo!! :-D

Man I have no idea what it is!

Such a great night two nights ago, and then last night I layed in bed for 3 hours and couldn't fall asleep. I was a little nervous since my tummy was grumbly but I didn't have a big panic attack. Kris had his snores and they didn't seem to bother me, I just couldn't fall asleep. So I ended up on the couch again, for two reasons. It was in my mind already, since I work this morning and I knew I needed sleep. I was trying to convince myself it wasn't giving in by going to sleep on it and then Kris burped and I flew out of bed lol.

I'm thinking it may be the wall scent thing, since we had to plug it in for a few hours yesterday while people were coming to look at the house (yay for moving). We uplugged it before bed but that doesn't really give it time to get out of the air.

Either that or I'm just nuts. Which is possible

Hah, I've been there with the burp = flying out of bed! My husband has done that a few times and I just TWIIIIIIG. lol.

You're not nuts, I think it makes sense that the wallflower thing is hampering your progress (and his allergies don't help). Tomorrow is another night, you're doing just fine. :-)

Thanks so much for your support You have no idea how much it helps me stay positive.

Everybody on this site is so helpful!

Well, last night was another sleeper. No scents in the room, night light, window closed, and tea. Maybe that's the winning combo?

Sounds good to me! Now give yourself at least a solid week of not eliminating or changing ANY of those things, so you can catch up on your quality ZZZs before the next experiment. ;-)

Haha yes! Agreed.

I'm sort of forced into it. See, we're moving at the end of this month, so we've been packing and throwing things out. Well, one of the things to go was my back up sleeping couch (It smelled like dog pee, but I never cared when I was needing it). SO it's the bed or the floor now!

Haha, no escape now. :-) I cannot STAND the scent of urine while I'm sleeping-- in fact, any strong or "icky" smells even if they're not overwhelmingly intense reeeally get to me. I have an incredibly sensitive sense of smell, and I just can't sleep when something is nagging the back of my mind like that. It makes me feel sick, eventually.

Good luck! Sleeping AND moving. :-) Packing up is stressful but soooo satisfying when it's over!

Yeah I hear ya. We're only moving for a few months too. We live with his dad atm, and his dad is getting a two bedroom apartment. We're moving in with him there, saving up money, then moving back to NH.

Slept through the night last night, but it took forever to fall asleep. But I work after noon today so I could care less lol.

Oh bah, what a pain! Moving back and forth and back and forth, blergh. I don't think I'd be sleeping much, either! :-P

Hope tonight is peaceful! :-)

Took me a little bit last night... I think I just have insomnia and was blaming my emet since I used to work myself into a nighttime nausea. x.x

Did you do the tea and everything? That sucks! I have SO much trouble falling asleep as well, and it drives me nuts because Chris barely hits the pillow and he's out. :-P

that's how my Kris is too. Makes me insane.

And yes, everything was the same. I'm doing it all the same tonight, too. I'm super sleepy tonight though so I pray I fall asleep fast.

Been doing good, haven't had a bad night

Wooh!! :-D I'm glad you posted an update, and even gladder that it was a totally positive one. That's fantastic, I'm soooo so so so happy for you. :-D

I'm starting to get a little cocky I think. Last night my tummy was a bit icky feeling, and Kris had some nasty snores, but I had no problem staying in bed. I only jumped once, and it was more of a scared spasm (like when awoken by loud thunder or something) from an icky snore. Slept through the night once I fell asleep.

Girl, that is so completely awesome. An enviable degree of normal life, isn't it-- icky tummy, snoring lover, but no cause for freakout and alarm! Seriously, you should be proud of yourself. You worked (and are working, daily!) hard for something that a lot of people just take for granted.