Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Am i weird?

Alright, im starting this topic to try to make myself feel better about how much of a horrible person i am. Last year, in my social studies class, there was this one guy who t* u* 5 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!! It was ridiculous! The last day, when i tripped on it and almost landed in it (thank you God for not making me land in it, because only my close friends know about this fear and my reaction to that would have blown my secret WIDE open!), i yelled at him, saying that if he wanted to t* u*, then he should do it at home, not at school (IN FRONT OF MEEE!!!!!), and then i ran into the girls br, locked the door (which only I know how to do), and started weeping. Ever since then, I have HATED him! I feel like a horrible person, hating the sick, but he made me afraid of social studies. I even talked my parents into letting me take a few days off from school after the incident. It was a wonder that I didn't get suspended!
    This one really should go in relationships, but i think of it as an experience, too, so ill just put it here. My ex bf told me when i told him about my phobia that he used to have this weird disease where he would t* u* everyday, and i havent told anyone this, but thats one of the reasons that i didnt want to date him anymore. I know im too young to be thinking about having kids (WAY too young), but i was immediately worried that we would grow up and oneday get married, and i was PETRIFIED that our children would inherit that disease! Horrible!
    I often worry about having kids one day, because first theres morning sickness, and young kids t* u* all the time, so i would have to have one heck of a husband to handle that for me
    Also, one more thing, does anyone else ever remember things from the last time they t* u* and become afraid of those things, too? Because I remember the last time i did it, it was in the morning, and the night before, I felt perfect, and i didnt even think about v*. Now, every night, i basically FORCE myself to think about it and feel n*, to "reassure" myself that im not going to, you know...

No, you're not weird at all.
    That's all some very typical emet behaviour, it all seems to be to do with the association of s* with things/people. And it is something a lot of us would do.... well I know I do anyway.

Don't concentrate so much on whether or not you're weird, it doesn't really matter, all that matters is making you comfortable with yourself.
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

You went to social studies at least 3 days longer than I would have [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I don't blame you a bit for what you did, under the circumstances. The teachers should have told him the same thing after he was sick once. At the very least, he could run out to the bathroom. Or stay home if you're sick. Geesh!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You’re not a bad person. I once believed all Bulimics should “be annihilated.” I am not like that anymore, but I would have hated the person in your school back then to. It is the phobia talking not you. I think many feel hostile towards triggers.

Oh your so not weird! Definitely typical emet behaviour, and Moggs hit the nail on the head saying you went to that class 3 days longer than they would - me too!

I feel anger towards people I love if they are s* and feel awful for it at the time, but i think it's sort of self-preservation thing so don't feel bad.

And for the record, i would've dumped someone who had history of a daily v*ing disease - i mean what if they had a relapse [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek
    Oh your so not weird! Definitely typical emet behaviour, and Moggs hit the nail on the head saying you went to that class 3 days longer than they would - me too!

I feel anger towards people I love if they are s* and feel awful for it at the time, but i think it's sort of self-preservation thing so don't feel bad.

And for the record, i would've dumped someone who had history of a daily v*ing disease - i mean what if they had a relapse [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    I am the same,in that I feel anger towards anyone who v*s (even my hubby) and I know I shouldn't & don't WANT to feel mad but I do [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I'd also not want to be in a relationship w/ someone who v*'d daily! CRAZYNESS! (what was the disease, anyway??)
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)