Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The last time I did was January 11, 1995. So that is almost 15 years.
    Lets hope for another 15!

I've been saying on here, over 15 years but that may be wrong. I remember the episode but will have to get out the calculator to figure the dates...

Last time I was overwhelmed with nausea and actually threw up was during 7th grade year.

I graduated 12th grade in 1994. Then it was 5 years prior to that when I had my last nausea + vomiting episode.

Twenty years it is. Wow I'm doing better than I thought! During this time I had one "bug" that I had to suppress. Then there was the incident with the pesticide spray drift. So that is actually TWO times I endured things that DEFINATELY made other people vomit - and I did not.

Woohoo! I'm feeling good - 20 years of smooth sailing!

Time flies when you are having fun - I always lose track of time.

Peace,
    David

2 years.That's how long I have been a crazy emet for.That sv* f* my head up.At least I don't think about it literally every five min. anymore!

^^ wow, we're on the same page, for me about 2 or 3 years..i can't remember..but before that for about 10 or so years i guess...i dunno. Never really counted and can't exactly remember the month or the year. Does that kick me out of the club here? It's not so bad when it happens but the nausea and anticipation is horrible! blah.

I asked my bro. how long has it been since he threw up and he said about 7 months which is a long time. Hehe, i guess some people just aren't able to hold it in. I'm j/p..i'm glad that he didn't have to go through panic or any of that ordeal when he threw up. I totally agree on him about how throwing up would make you feel better but i just can't get over that fear! Maybe one day.
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonbrain
    2 years.That's how long I have been a crazy emet for.That sv* f* my head up.At least I don't think about it literally every five min. anymore!
    I had sv* too about 2 years ago i think...from too much alcohol and food...oh boy a lot came out! But afterwards i didn't feel like i didn't want it to ever happen again and just went w/the flow. I never even knew i was an emet till all my stress hit me and i was always nauseous. And now...i'm just wishing that throwing up doesn't exist? lol. But it's not freaking me out that much as when i was obsessively fearing the world.
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

27 years!

--Kim

OMG.. I already answered this, I guess I am just really happy about it.

--Kim

Kim - I hear you about being happy about it. Congrats! No problems about the double post! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

David

I went from 6years old to 16 years old without vomitting. 10 years! However, in the following 3 years, I've thrown up 3 more times.... college

5 years. I'm hoping for 33 like some lucky people on here. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

hm...i think the last time i threw up was when I was 7 years old! WOW 17 years! i can still remember the last time i got sick...not fun. I even remember being anxious and freaking out at 7yrs old because I felt sick. I guess Im most scared because I dont know what to expect if I did get sick. When Im not feeling N* i feel like maybe I could force myself to get sick and maybe overcome it...but then when Im feeling really N* i panic and freak out....im crazy!
    "This too shall pass"

35 years for me!

For me it's been about 14 years but I have had many close calls in that time...like every day it seems sometimes...

The longer I go without puking, the smaller the chance (mathematically) that I will puke on any given day.

I have a 1 in 4015 chance of puking on any given day at this time, and that gets even less likely as my non-puking trend continues.

So I am not in the least worried that I might puke.

I am more likely to get in a car wreck or have some other bad thing happen.

I simply don't worry about it unless I am already feeling poorly.

Numbers don't lie and the chance I will puke on any given day is so very small I don't even consider it much.

Later,
    David

David, I am interested to know how you calculated 1/4015 for any particular day. That sums to 1/11 for the whole year. So you're 33 and it's happened three times, is that it? Or since your last time was when you were 12, once every four years until then and none since then?

Normal people (non-emets) seem to puke about twice a year, so for them the odds would be 1/182?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes 33 years old and puked 3 times in my life.

Last incident was in 1989.

It's just a numbers game! Possibly the program code writing part of my mind trying to blend with the emet part of it. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

33 years!

25 years as of 2 days ago!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I'm almost 25 and i have no memory of ever v* (mom says I have, when I was little). I have been told I did when very drunk. I don't remember it. Friends said I didn't freak out, just passed out
    Had some VERY close calls over the years....D*H*...hypersalivation.....but no actual v*.

So I guess the answer is 3 years if you count alcohol induced v* (which I don't). 22ish years otherwise?

I almost didn't post this because I thought it would jinx me....crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by amarkham01
    I'm almost 25 and i have no memory of ever v* (mom says I have, when I was little). I have been told I did when very drunk. I don't remember it. Friends said I didn't freak out, just passed out
    Had some VERY close calls over the years....D*H*...hypersalivation.....but no actual v*.

So I guess the answer is 3 years if you count alcohol induced v* (which I don't). 22ish years otherwise?

I almost didn't post this because I thought it would jinx me....crazy.
    Alexandra - you CANNOT jinx yourself! That is a fallacy and superstition.

You just take care of yourself and have a constitution that does not lend its self to N* and willpower to overcome it when it happens.

I have puked 3 times (due to N*) in my life that I remember. For me it's been 20 years since I have become N* and actually puked. After that, I have only been N* twice in the past 20 years.

Lets keep the V-Free streak rolling! Yeah!

David

Talking

It's been 9 years for me, would have been longer if i didn't get the stomach bug while being pregnant

Default Re: How long have you gone without puking?

Its been about 11 years. I haven't since I was 8 or so.

9 years here - and I only v* once due to a sv*... Before that 8 years

So 17 years with only one incident right in the middle of that period

8 years.

Once in 3rd grade and then once in 6th. I was for sure it was going to be every 3 years I got sick, but I guess not! I ate something bad both times I believe. I had no fever or any other symptoms. The 3rd grade one is what triggered my fear.

I have even had the flu twice and I didn't v*. I almost did, but I am good at not letting my body do it.

I'm hoping for 8 more years.

Exactly 5 weeks. 5 weeks ago tonight, 14th December 2009.

35 days. Well, technically I say the 14th, but the LAST time was technically in the middle of the night, so the 15th. But still.

5 weeks.

I miss it....
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

32 years for me.....

October 1978.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Ahaha. 4 days...
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

I'm so jealous! So many people with large numbers. In the last five years I've had at least 6 stomach bugs . I think its because of having kids. I'm not BLAMING them, I just think they get exposed and then I get exposed...even though they aren't in daycare or anything. I also seem to get it very badly when I do get it . I'm not someone who v*s 3 or 4 times. I'm like every 15min from 12 hours. I've been to the ER several times for it. So I DREAD DREAD DREAD stomach bugs. I have recently gone gluten free after testing positive for gluten allergy. So hopefully my stomach will start to heal in general and my immune system will improve as a result.

last time 4 me was 2008 it was only once then 3 weeks l8a again i had d* & v* it was horrible since then my emets has been at its worse! then about 4 months ago i had a day of stomach cramps and d* and severe n* not good i wish i could go 22 years or summit with out v* but then i don't know if it wold make my paranoia worse