Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Question. . .

Hey everyone! Question for all of you. So ever since I can remember, when I get extremely nervous, I get the worst upset stomach. Even when I have a panic attack because I feel nauseous, 15 minutes later, I have to go to the bathroom. I will eat and within 15 minutes, I will have to go to the bathroom. This always happens no matter what I do.

In the next week or two, a guy I like might be coming from out of state to see me. Just the thought of it gets me extremely nervous. I know that if he comes, the day of and the day before, I will be so nervous and sick. What can I do? Is there anything I could take for this? I wouldn't want to take Immodium or another anti-diarrhea medicine because this would make me constipated? Should I start on an anti-anxiety drug? Has anyone had any experience using Xanax in small doses short-termto avoid drowsiness but still benefit from its anti-anxiety benefit? Thanks for your help!

Hi first of all i don't want to give u advise on what u should take as only a professional person can do that for u,but i know in the UK there are some natural remedy tablets,they won't harm u,but go to a health shop and ask for some advise there is a tabletcalled KAlms....its great to take the edge of things,now i used to suffer with exactly the same thing as u,as soon as i got anxious i would get diarrhea and of course i would then worry that i had a bug.....but i now take anti-depressants and they have helped me so much....but u really need to talk to your doctor....she or he will be able to inform u on whats the best.....i hope u can find something to help u and eventually meet this guy,try not to let the emet get in your way.....tell the emet this is not going to stop me in anyway at all and try to be strong,i know its hard but go show them girl......

take care Vicky xx

Yogart. It hardens the bowl. OR white rice boiled. These are natural remedies and are just as good as Xanax or immodium...

I have IBS so I am familiar with Immodium and you can take onedose if you start to feel a restless stomach coming on. It is over the counter so it really shouldn't cause you any problems. It never makes me constipated but I never take more than one dose a day.

I also have experience with Xanax, which as you know a doctor would have to prescribe. I don't use this often either, maybe once or twice a month but when I was getting married I spent a lot of time in the bathroom and Xanax helped a lot with my nerves. It is inexpensive and if you are okay with getting a prescription it is worth a try. You should try taking a tablet when you have no evening plans to see how it effects you. My Mom took one before a minor surgical procedure and she was really tired. It never has this effect on me. I don't even feel any real effects except that it calms my bowels.

Good Luck, Carly

Quote Originally Posted by snowangel
    Yogart. It hardens the bowl. OR white rice boiled. These are natural remedies and are just as good as Xanax or immodium...

Are you sure about the yogurt, when I got my wisdom teeth pulled, that's all I ate for2 days, and I had the uhh worst...*close your eyes everyones* squirts for those 2 days...I even fell asleep in the bathroom once cause I was scared I'd go in my pants and my mom woke up in the morningseeing meon the floorasleep with blood oozing out of my mouth,she was not to thrilled [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I think some natural products should help, and do try them before this guy comes in so you can tell if the natural pills work good enough for you....If not, then maybe you should talk to your GP, he'd know what the best thing for you would be.

Good luck!

WOW....well...I am a pharmacist and even though I know about all medications I am very much into the natural remedies. Yogart contains bacteria, obviously. And the bacteria in the yogart interrupts loose bowels. It has an effect on bowels which harden them. Here is a quote off a diarrhea prevention site

"Active cultures of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) make diarrhea less severe and shorten its duration. Probiotics can be found in yogurt with active or live cultures and in supplements.

Here is a link for to find that quote:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003126.htm
    So you were probably experiencing diarrhea from the medications, anesethics and pain killers they gave you for your wisdom teeth. Those meds are hard on the stomach

ahh I see, didn't mean to debunk your quote, just speaking off personal experience. I never factored in the meds, sorry [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)