Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

All the time. Poor thing cant keep anythin down, altho clearly he keeps tryin. Im actually gettin quite concerned now, is this normal? Its been ill for about a week now. Dad wont take it to the vets cuz its so expensive...

Ya guys seem to know a lot about animals.. what dya think could be wrong? n is there nethin we should be givin him, apart from plenty water?

He needs to go to the vets, i don't think that can be normal, and there they can give him anti emetics and help find out what is wrong and at least rehydrate him. I don't think there much i can say, i am not qualified, but if it was my Cat i;d take it to the vets to make sure evrything is ok.

Louise

Edited to add : Could it be a food intolerance?

Also check the colour of your cats gums, the pinker the better the whiter the worse it is. Make sure he is hydrated at all times, which i think you are already doing. To check and Make sure follow this tip :

"Grasp the skin between the shoulder blades; it should bounce back upon releasing the skin almost immediately. Skin that takes more than 2 seconds to bounce back or stands up in the position grasped is a sign of dehydration and in need of veterinary attention."Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I Found this info :
    <H3><A name="Digestive Problems">Digestive Problems</A></H3>

In kittens, vomiting or diarrhea can quickly become life threatening. Whenever any cat vomits more than 24 hours or vomits and acts depressed, veterinary attention is needed.

Cats are discriminating about what they eat, so they don't have much digestive trouble. A few cats occasionally gobble their food so fast they regurgitate undigested (and usually unchewed) food immediately afterwards. If this happens, withdraw food for half an hour and then give smaller amounts.

If your cat vomits but continues to act alert and interested in food you may want to try home treatment for 24 hours before seeking veterinary attention.
    <H3><A name="Vomiting - treatment of gastritis">Vomiting - treatment of gastritis</A></H3>
    1. <LI>rest the digestive tract
      Allow no food or water until your cat has gone at least six hours without vomiting. The digestive tract needs complete rest.
      <LI>offer small amounts of water
      Begin with very small amounts of water at frequent intervals. Don't rush things-if there is more vomiting, you'll have to go back to stage 1. Do not be discouraged. The stomach often needs complete rest for twelve hours or more. Offer water every fifteen minutes or so, giving one teaspoonful at a time. Over a period of a few hours, gradually increase the amounts offered, until your cat's thirst is satisfied. If you wish, offer clear liquids such as chicken broth. After at least six hours, when your cat's thirst has been satisfied, you may begin giving small amounts of food.
      <LI>Offer small amounts of food
      Begin offering small amounts of bland, easy to digest food:
      Give about one half teaspoonful at a time. Over a period of twenty four hours, gradually increase the amounts being fed until your cat's hunger is satisfied. Do not rush things.
      <LI>Slowly return to normal
      The following day, begin mixing the bland diet half and half with your cat's regular food. Instead of one or two big feedings, divide the normal amount into four or five small feedings. </LI>

Also i found this

You should become concerned and call your veterinarian if:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=469>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <UL>
    <LI>Your cat is vomiting and is very lethargic or is hiding. This may mean a more serious illness.
    <LI>If the vomiting persists or recurs in spite of withholding food and water, the cat should be examined.
    <LI>Call the vet if you notice blood in the vomit or additional symptoms like diarrhea. </LI>[/list]</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Poor Kitty!!! [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

I wish I knew something about cats other than that they meow[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]...I'm sorry I can't help you much here, I'm a dog person. However, Louise gave some really good advice up there. I hope that helps some!! I wish your dad would reconsider about the vet!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Poor baby!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

On a different note, how are you doing handling the cat's v*****?Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ta guys, thats useful.

Meh, Im fine, cat puke doesnt really bother me, so long as I dont find it by stepping in it n I dont live here neway, so I only haveto put up with it when I come ova for tea or whatever.

I'mnot trying to be bossy or anything butI really wish you would pool some of your money together and take the cat to the vet, smuggle him out if nessecary. A check up only costs about $20. PLEASE! I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge animal lover and I can't bear to think of him suffering. I'll even send the money if you want, PLEAAAASEE?? Imagine how bad you would feel if it was you. Actually forget that it's too guilt trippy. Anyway.. PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA

AAAAASSSSSSSSSSSE

EEEEEEEEEE????? Edited by: hippychick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>

I agree..a pet that sick should go to the vet..i would try the advice from louise..and then if that doesnt help get the poor thing to a vet.

my husbands dog was sick and his parents (well..his mom) wouldnt take him to the vet because it was to expensive..my husband ended up taking a day off..driving 30 minutes to his old home..picking the dog up..and taking him to the vets...and we paid for it...(course if hismom would stop spending money on stupid stuff like piles of dvds and spoiling his little sister she could have taken george to the vet!!!)
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Yeah, I agree that he should go to the vet. My best friend's cat died last
    night because they didn't take him to the vet, thought he would just get
    better on his own. Please take him, it could be something serious, but
    even if it's not, at least you'll feel better hearing that from a professional.

--Alli
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity

Ta guys, thats useful.

Meh, Im fine, cat puke doesnt really bother me, so long as I dont find it by stepping in it n I dont live here neway, so I only haveto put up with it when I come ova for tea or whatever.

I stepped in my friends cat vomit once. It didn't bother me at the time, but now that i look back I cringe. Hopefully (inser cats name here) feels better.

I agree with the others - please take him to the vets. I know its expensive, but it could save his life. I really hope he gets better soon.

Abi xxxx
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

I already sent this info to Eternity, but I thought I should let everyone know anyway:

No veterinarian will turn away a sick animal because of a lack of money.

Not having money is NO excuse for not getting a sick animal to the vet! Most vets will work out payment plans for those who don't have enough at the time. Some even work on a sliding scale (charge you based on what your income is).

Please, get the cat to the vet!

Love,
    Rebeccah
    Love is the only rational act.

Eternity - the PDSA will help out a pet owner who struggles to pay vet's bills -please get your dad to take the cat to the vet. The poor thing may just need worming (my cat was sick several times last year when she needed worming), but it's worth getting it checked out.

Jill xxx

He seems to be a bit better now.. hasnt been sick for a day so thats a start. If he does start again I'll be kinda inclined to take him myself only hes so neurotic (he hates ppl he doesnt know n wont even go outside) that the whole experience would be terrifying for him, n without my dad theres no car n its a 20 minute walk at least.. n so Im not gonna do it unless its absolutely necesary.

neway, hes still okay in himself, climbing all over the furniture as I type

I don't know if there's a place like this around where you live. But about 20 minutes away, there's a place (a sort of shelter) that will give animal vaccinations and/or checkups very very cheaply. I got my cat 3 shots for under $20. Not bad at all.

I hope your kitty is doing better soon. If not, try to see if there's a nearby animal shelter you can call. Ask if there's a place nearby to get a cheap (or even free) checkup.