Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Fiancee has stomach flu/norovirus

I am madly in love with my fiancee but he recently came down with a stomach bug. He does not know of my utter fear of vomiting. He has stopped v* for 3 days but I am still afraid to be near him and I am still fearful I will catch it myself (since we live together). Please help!

Default Re: Fiancee has stomach flu/norovirus

I think you need to explain it to him. If this is the man you plan on spending the rest of your life with, you really need to get it out in the open sooner or later. If it was a random guy, you could avoid him and make excuses

I think you should explain it to him because if he did have norovirus you should stay away from him for a while since it can still be contagious for up to 2 weeks!

You absolutely need to discuss your phobia with him- maybe printing out some info about emetophobia from online for him to read will be useful for helping him understand it better.

I would definitely sit down with him and talk to him about your fear. That's what I did with my fiance, and I'm so glad I did. B/c now when I am feeling scared, worried, anxious I can always count on him to talk me through it. You'll feel much better, really. If anything it should make your relationship stronger b/c you will see that he accepts you for you and is willing to be there for you when you need him most. Good Luck!